No point in posting on here.

Perfect Gems is PnG's take on the Megaways engine. I too described it as a semi-clone in my review weeks ago but it has significant differences.

It is sufficiently different that it does not infringe the patent from BTG as the legalese would have started the soon they presented it.

BTG determines the number of ways at the start of a spin, PnG only after the first set of symbols has dropped. Plus, PnG increases the multiplier by x1 for each winning cascade in the base game too. And, one scatter in the free spins will get you +2 spins, no limits.

I played it for hours in demo mode and thought it was actually pretty good.

Last edited:
They are up here next week, highly annoying for all the business around the stadium as none can open as all the roads are closed!

Sorry to hear that, I thought you may have got away with it. I hear there's going to be another Jarrow March, as the NE evacuates the region and heads to the roads to escape....:D

P.S. If anybody wants a reference point on the OP which regards Play'n Go's Perfect Gems slot, it's in the video below. It's essentially an attempt to make a Bonanza-style mechanic without actually using the Megaways engine. So yeah, it's clearly based on the game but has significant differences because firstly there's no variable reel rows in play on the initial spin, the inc. multiplier has been added to the base game too and the free games have far less of the volatility that Bonanza has. That's all been said above though. Like comparing supermarket own-brand economy bog-roll with Andrex.

P.S. If anybody wants a reference point on the OP which regards Play'n Go's Perfect Gems slot, it's in the video below. It's essentially an attempt to make a Bonanza-style mechanic without actually using the Megaways engine. So yeah, it's clearly based on the game but has significant differences because firstly there's no variable reel rows in play on the initial spin, the inc. multiplier has been added to the base game too and the free games have far less of the volatility that Bonanza has. That's all been said above though. Like comparing supermarket own-brand economy bog-roll with Andrex.

I forgot to mention one thing which I think is a major difference.

- BTG determines the number of ways at the start
- PnG does it after the symbols drop and the number can increase further (up to the max) if after a cascade you have again matching symbols in the horizontal reel and in the one below. Hence, the concept is even more dynamic than BTG's.

Its megaways without the megaway. Look not bad.

And there will be more to come as Pragmatic Play just announced a slot with "variable pay ways called PowerWays (TM)"! :D :D

Name is John Hunter and the Book of Mystery!
Oh excellent

Another Indiana Jones/ explorer theme with books

And there will be more to come as Pragmatic Play just announced a slot with 7 reels and "variable pay ways called PowerWays (TM)"! :D :D

Name is John Hunter and the Book of Mystery! :rolleyes:

And these are the closest thing to Megaways we've seen yet. I think it will be a hit amongst the HV fans.

Cupid Stunt and the Book of Miserly

And these are the closest thing to Megaways we've seen yet. I think it will be a hit amongst the HV fans.

Cupid Stunt and the Book of Miserly

I've only seen a screenshot, which I wasn't allowed to publish :oops: But it surely looked impressive.

Only got logos and banners for now :oops:

Was there a full moon last night?

Personally I like scary best,but as far as celebs go I would prefer to give Rachel Riley from Countdown three consonants and a vowel :p

Why would you want to give Rachel a fork? :p
That said, i don't 'crush' on celebs, but Rachel Riley..is something else ^.^
Love that silly show btw.

On topic - i think it's clear Play'n GO were inspired by the Megaways i.c.w. Drop-Down wins. No shame in that - Play'n GO made a name for themselves copying and slightly improving popular Games..
Which gave them the financial room and freedom to provide us with originals like the fairly popular Reactoonz, to name one!

This Game is quite cool. The things i like are the single scatter's extra spin during FS, and the fact that the multiplier also works in the basegame.
Pretty interesting although a pity it's capped at 5000x (i just read that in this thread, don't know if that's correct)

Don't let paaske or some newbies see you all saying the exact same thing as me about the slot.

For goatwack it's the same but different.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back