New Music, opions wanted

bigjohn

Dormant account
A very good friend of mine is an aspiring music producer, writer and composer of ambient music layered with hip-hop type lyrics.

Although, generally, this is not really my style of music I find it intriguing and very thoughtfully made and I really enjoy it. I would like to gather some honest opinions about whether you would listen to it, the over all production quality and the creativity. These tracks were mainly done by 2 guys with a computer in a makeshift recording studio (somebody's spare room) and you will hear 2 different distinct vocalists.

Warning, the lyrics are explicit but I do not find them offensive in any way.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the link to his first complete album that he saw fit to publish;
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

And here is a link to a track he wrote for a good friend of his who passed away tragically at too young of an age;
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Thanks for whatever input you can give me.

Ok. as this is more or less my favourite style of music (disregarding layered rap:)) i can say that it is very good, in terms of beat and flow, but, personally, despite the lyrics being good, i don't really like the rap, can't quite yet say if it is the tone of voice/accent or flow...

Still, pretty good, and wherever this would be playing in the background, i would not mind it one bit, rather be chillin to the beat:)

Note, i listen to stuff like this all the time, and have done so for years, but of course don't consider myself an expert, and it's just my taste, there are only few rappers that i actually enjoy listening to, so that's nothing of importance, but if your friend reads this, or if you relay it to him, you could tell him on my account that i would embrace it more with a singer instead or just less or different vocals.

This is kind of a shameless bump...but...

I appreciate the replies I got, I was kinda hoping for a few more.

Anybody else care to take a shot at this? Thumbs up or down, it would be much appreciated.

Please wait a while.

I love music but I have to hear it more than one time:D.

First time I heard Cannibal Corpse I felt raped but now I the biggest fan in Switzerland:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back