New Slot Announcement New Betsoft, WMS, Play'n Go, Merkur & Novo

trancemonkey

Ueber Meister
Would you guys care to elaborate here? I definitely agree its missing the mark, but I dont see how the feature trigger mechanic is awful, for me it's the only thing that makes me consider playing the game. To me it fits quite well with the cascading megaways structure.

In my view the problem is just with how the game plays, both in terms of math and production, that just kill it. On paper it looks like the game couldve been good. Change my view!

It's quite simple... If you're going to change something people are used to (i.e X number of scatters = free games) you need to make it feel better and more exciting. This just feels tedious. Endless one or two scatter hits that cascade to nothing with no hope of a feature because two on one reel is pointless. It's just bad. Really bad.

You can't take a well known format, make it terrible and expect it to succeed. Blueprint did it right... Take something people know and basically skin it. Then when you have that right, then do variations but stick somewhat to the formula.

VismundCygnus

The sinking of the ships above is completely useless bollocks because as TM said it's possible to get 4 scatters and not trigger anything - it could have been straightforward like 2-scatters for 5 spins, 3 for 10, 4 for 15 etc. I can understand the ships feature specifically in the free spins for a jackpot chance, but base game, no!
Then the pays are diabolical too, 0.1x over and over doesn't float my boat (pun intended lol) and you have no enhancement in the free games. they should be on all ways reels 117649 ways like Dragon Born or have some kind of multiplier, extra symbol or wild expansion.
So you have a dreadful base game to endure just to try and trigger an uninspiring execrable feature. It fails in every way.

It's quite simple... If you're going to change something people are used to (i.e X number of scatters = free games) you need to make it feel better and more exciting. This just feels tedious. Endless one or two scatter hits that cascade to nothing with no hope of a feature because two on one reel is pointless. It's just bad. Really bad.

You can't take a well known format, make it terrible and expect it to succeed. Blueprint did it right... Take something people know and basically skin it. Then when you have that right, then do variations but stick somewhat to the formula.

EDIT: Just realized im going on about a game that is actually in another thread (New Slot Announcement - A terrible Megaways type slot and odd Playtech)! Apologies to all lurkers!

Thanks for reply guys.

I do agree its pretty whacky, and a lot less refreshing of an experience than I thought at first (its still just collecting scatters, only you need varying amounts). That said, I don't really have a problem with moon princess' Freespins trigger (full-screen) being a 'worse' or more difficult version than Troll Hunter's, simply cus I know it's gonna be better (and there's more features in the basegame). You pointing out you could have 4 scatters and not trigger in this game is a bit similar to how you could clear 4 columns in Moon Princess and still not trigger FS (as opposed to Troll Hunters).

But yeah, I agree with you guys. I just hope developers are not discouraged from trying something new by this and personally would rather have 5 slots trying something new where 4 are completely awful but one is good (and new), than 20 slots that are all a slightly modified version of the same game we've all played to death.

Last edited: