New (and harsh) Rules for Intercasino??

Macgyver

Dormant account
PABnononaccred
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Location
North Carolina
I debated putting this in the Complaints section, but I'm not really complaining, just very curious about something I heard today ...

Another player I know deposited into Intercasino, but didn't get the bonus. The player contacted support and was told that he wouldn't be getting any more bonuses because of bonus abuse.

OK, no problem, they have that right. But then the support rep tells the player that if he plays his deposit, and wins, the casino will confiscate those winnings because of his past bonus abuse.

Even if he plays without a bonus. :what: :what:

That might need some rethinking there, Intercasino. If you don't want a player to gamble AT ALL at your casino, close his account permanently to tell him he's no longer welcome. Don't allow the account to stay open, but seize winnings even if the player plays without a bonus.

I'd be interested to hear what other people think of this, and especially if Ryan has any thoughts on the matter ... :thumbsup:
 

Pinababy69

RIP Lisa
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Location
Toronto, Ontario - Canada
Well, I have never played at Intercasino myself, but if what you have posted is true, I don't think I ever will. Bonus abuse is one thing, and I don't know the whole story...but as you said, the most reasonable course of action would be to close the player's account. It seems way beyond unethical to allow someone to deposit and then confiscate that deposit and any winnings made off of it.
 

GrandMaster

Dormant account
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Location
UK
Macgyver said:
OK, no problem, they have that right. But then the support rep tells the player that if he plays his deposit, and wins, the casino will confiscate those winnings because of his past bonus abuse.
Have you got this in writing? We need to see some evidence.
 

paul02085

Dormant account
Joined
Jan 29, 2002
Location
USA
I would be shocked if this is true. They have never acted like that before. Curious to see how this plays out.:confused:
 

Macgyver

Dormant account
PABnononaccred
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Location
North Carolina
GrandMaster said:
Have you got this in writing? We need to see some evidence.

I've got the post from another forum, but I didn't post it here out of respect for Bryan. I didn't quote it word for word, but it is an accurate paraphrase.

However, the original poster of this item has added that he doesn't have it in writing and he may have misunderstood the support rep because of an accent.

Looking into it with some official word from Intercasino and will be more than happy to have this deleted/edited/corrected to reflect the truth if it was, in fact, a misunderstanding. :thumbsup:
 

scrollock

Dormant account
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Location
boro, uk
Macgyver said:
I've got the post from another forum, but I didn't post it here out of respect for Bryan. I didn't quote it word for word, but it is an accurate paraphrase.

However, the original poster of this item has added that he doesn't have it in writing and he may have misunderstood the support rep because of an accent.

Looking into it with some official word from Intercasino and will be more than happy to have this deleted/edited/corrected to reflect the truth if it was, in fact, a misunderstanding. :thumbsup:

the cryptologic support is not the best in the world, a lot of them share the same support judging by the fact that whenever i have had problems in the past they would access the wrong account.

anyway

i had a conversation one night with crypto (i was phoning up about the ritz, although the girl i was talking to, kept saying "uk betting") and i was told i would be getting paid by cheque from now on, i asked why ? they said you are a bonus abuser!, i asked why, i was told because i had "multiple accounts" something i vehemtly denied, but they said you have an account with

uk betting

&

total betting

&

the ritz

etc, etc, you get the pattern

so i asked am i banned ?

to which i was told " no your not, you are entitled to the bonus on all of your accounts each month, but however you will be getting paid by cheque because YOU ARE BONUS ABUSER!"
 

kfellmy

Dormant account
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Location
north fort myers, fl
once crypto started jacking around with the bonuses I quit playing there. It's been at least 6 months and I don't miss them one bit. There are many other places to play.
 

ryan_hartley

Casino Representative
Joined
Oct 23, 2002
In response to the bonus abuse issue that is being discussed I would like to set the record straight. In the last month here at InterCasino we have in detail looked at our whole playing base. A number of accounts of which have shown obvious bonus abuse behavior and also behavior that is not so obvious. This behavior has been happening over a period of a couple of months or more on each account. Each one of these players was notified that their account would no longer be receiving any bonuses until they started showing behavior in the spirit of the promotion which is as a reward/incentive for our players. We have at the same time invited players to contact us after two months to review their account to reinstate them with the monthly 100% match deposit bonus.

In regards to the call centre issue, they like everybody else were informed of the players who were not going to receive the match deposit bonus in the future and the reasons why. I am unsure as to why they informed a player that they were no longer able to withdraw the winnings of their own deposit, but please rest assure that this is not the case and never will be. It sounds more like a misunderstanding between the Playershelp rep and the player himself to me.

I hope this clears any confusion up.

Ryan Hartley
InterCasino Manager
 

chuchu59

gambling addict
PABnonaccred
CAG
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Location
SOMEWHERE IN ASIA
So you have finally reappeared Ryan. I would like you to respond to the thread on the mailing of false promotion to my wife. Bryan has answered on your behalf but the answer was wide off the mark. Do you have any explanations for sending such false promos?
 

ryan_hartley

Casino Representative
Joined
Oct 23, 2002
chuchu59 said:
So you have finally reappeared Ryan. I would like you to respond to the thread on the mailing of false promotion to my wife. Bryan has answered on your behalf but the answer was wide off the mark. Do you have any explanations for sending such false promos?

Which false promotion? I assume you're the player from Hong Kong? The topic of banned match bonus countries was discussed in extreme detail with you before and I have nothing to add to any of the previous explanation and discussions. I am happy to unsubscribe yourself and your wife if you don't wish to receive the monthly newsletter or any other promo email/direct mail we send to our subscribed players, if you're not happy receiving anything that speak about the match bonus. All you need to do is send me your email addresses on [email protected] and I can have you removed from the mailing list. It is cleary stated in our terms and conditions which countries are excluded from receiving the monthly match, so it has nothing to do with false promotions, you are a subscriber of general emails and therefore receive our general promotion emails and newsletter. Again, just let me know if you don't wish to receive any further emails from us.

Regards,

Ryan Hartley
Casino Manager - InterCasino
 

chuchu59

gambling addict
PABnonaccred
CAG
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Location
SOMEWHERE IN ASIA
Go to the thread on match bonus at intercasino and you will know what I mean. Of course my wife and I wouldnt fall for it but if you send this to other players in Hong Kong,they may deposit only to find them excluded from receiving a match bonus. And please get it clear,I am not arguing about which countries should be banned so dont diverge from the real issue. The promo you sent never mentioned which countries were excluded.
 

ryan_hartley

Casino Representative
Joined
Oct 23, 2002
chuchu59 said:
Go to the thread on match bonus at intercasino and you will know what I mean. Of course my wife and I wouldnt fall for it but if you send this to other players in Hong Kong,they may deposit only to find them excluded from receiving a match bonus. And please get it clear,I am not arguing about which countries should be banned so dont diverge from the real issue. The promo you sent never mentioned which countries were excluded.

Yes, it does mention it by saying terms and conditions apply and when you read the t&c's you will see that it clearly states Hong Kong is excluded.

Regards,

Ryan Hartley

Casino Manager - InterCasino
 

chuchu59

gambling addict
PABnonaccred
CAG
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Location
SOMEWHERE IN ASIA
You are reminding an existing player that he will still getting a match bonus. Do you really expect players to go back and read the Ts and Cs every time they deposit and claim the monthly bonus.
 

Macgyver

Dormant account
PABnononaccred
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Location
North Carolina
chuchu59 said:
Do you really expect players to go back and read the Ts and Cs every time they deposit and claim the monthly bonus.

Uh .... yeah, I would think that any halfway-educated player would do that. :what:

I don't care how many times I've taken a monthly bonus anywhere, I'm checking the T&C of the casino every time.

Heck, I'm checking the T&C of every single casino every time I even think about playing there ... you have to nowadays with how fast online casinos change them.
 

vinylweatherman

You type well loads
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Location
United Kingdom
House edge.

Players who cannot receive the match bonus at Cryptologic should go elsewhere. The point being is that many of the games are not "Full Pay", take the Video Poker for example. This counteracts the generous bonus rules that they have. Recently the Double Bonus poker was changed to be a lot less generous, which caused a bit of a fuss in the forum.
chuchu59 - you would be better off being banned from bonuses at Microgaming rather than Cryptologic, as MG games have a smaller house edge on the whole. Without the promotions, players should look for casinos that have the lowest house edge on their favourite games, and have no trouble paying winners.
I am also surprised by the case of the player told he would be paid by cheque as he was a serial bonus abuser, but he would still get the bonus on his accounts!!!(Is this actually true?) If chuchu59 has not abused bonuses, but has the misfortune to be banned because of living in Hong Kong, surely a bonus ban should be imposed on a player who has been caught out abusing the bonuses, as this is the stated reason for banning Hong Kong in the first place. A policy should be applied in a fair manner to all players, if bonus abuse is such an issue; ban all players from bonuses who are guilty of actual abuse before moving on to more general banning rules to limit risk.
 

ryan_hartley

Casino Representative
Joined
Oct 23, 2002
vinylweatherman said:
Players who cannot receive the match bonus at Cryptologic should go elsewhere. The point being is that many of the games are not "Full Pay", take the Video Poker for example. This counteracts the generous bonus rules that they have. Recently the Double Bonus poker was changed to be a lot less generous, which caused a bit of a fuss in the forum.
chuchu59 - you would be better off being banned from bonuses at Microgaming rather than Cryptologic, as MG games have a smaller house edge on the whole. Without the promotions, players should look for casinos that have the lowest house edge on their favourite games, and have no trouble paying winners.
I am also surprised by the case of the player told he would be paid by cheque as he was a serial bonus abuser, but he would still get the bonus on his accounts!!!(Is this actually true?) If chuchu59 has not abused bonuses, but has the misfortune to be banned because of living in Hong Kong, surely a bonus ban should be imposed on a player who has been caught out abusing the bonuses, as this is the stated reason for banning Hong Kong in the first place. A policy should be applied in a fair manner to all players, if bonus abuse is such an issue; ban all players from bonuses who are guilty of actual abuse before moving on to more general banning rules to limit risk.


Hi and thanks for your feedback.
We actually do ban players we found to be bonus abusers from receiving the monthly match bonus, but it does happen once in a while that some get away with it unnoticed. However, we do check player activity from all countries regularly regarding bonuses received and will exclude abusers from any country if they use the bonus in a way we find not to be in the spirit of the promotion.

Regards,

Ryan Hartley
Casino Manager - InterCasino
 
Top