NetSpend Fee Increase Notice, Effective February 1, 2009

jas2587

Dormant account
Just a heads up I cut my card up a long time ago have told them a trillion times ok a million to close the account an I get this

December 29, 2008

Dear Cindy,

Below is important information regarding your NetSpend card. We encourage you to review it carefully and then file it for safekeeping.

If you have questions, you may call our general customer service number,
1-86-NetSpend (1-866-387-7363).

Thank You

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Notice:

We are making changes to our card product to maintain our current level of service, and in response to the rising cost of doing business in a challenging economic environment. These changes are limited to raising the fee for domestic ATM withdrawal transactions and implementing a fee for ATM transactions declined.

Notice of Changes to Your Account:

Any language in the Terms & Conditions applicable to your card contrary to or conflicting with terms set forth in this notice is replaced fully and completely. All terms of the Terms & Conditions not referenced by this notice remain in full force and effect. These changes apply to existing balances and future balances on your card account. We urge you to read this notice carefully and file it along with your Terms & Conditions in a safe place for future reference. The changes are described below:

Domestic ATM Cash Withdrawal

Effective February 1, 2009, we are changing our fees for ATM cash withdrawals at domestic locations. The fee will now be up to $2.50 per withdrawal, plus ATM owner fees, if any. International ATM cash withdrawal fees of $4.95 remain unchanged.

ATM Transaction Decline Fee

Effective February 1, 2009, ATM transaction declines will be charged up to $1.00 per transaction.

Cindy

I've had a Netspend account for several years and never had a problem with them. I am on the $9.95/month unlimited use plan (except for ATM withdrawals) because I use it a lot. For a while I even used the card for direct deposit at work. Their fees are lower than GreenDot (no online gaming allowed) and much lower than WiredPlastic.

I have read many horror stories from other CM members about Netspend. I guess I have just been lucky.

I've had a Netspend account for several years and never had a problem with them. I am on the $9.95/month unlimited use plan (except for ATM withdrawals) because I use it a lot. For a while I even used the card for direct deposit at work. Their fees are lower than GreenDot (no online gaming allowed) and much lower than WiredPlastic.

I have read many horror stories from other CM members about Netspend. I guess I have just been lucky.

Knock on wood

Cindy

Good Luck

you have been very lucky indeed, knock on wood as cindy posted.............i quit using them along time ago, i had the nightmare experiance with them, im still trying to recover from the horror:eek:.................laurie

I opened the account put $175 in there an here are all the charges
I told them to take the $9.20 an stick it where the sun dont shine
an look I just logged in account is supposed to be closed

10/01/2008 Debit: $50.00 from merchant Jashasclass
-$50.00 $9.20
10/01/2008 Transaction Fee: $1.00
-$1.00 $59.20
09/27/2008 Debit: $49.95 from merchant REMIT ohyesshedoes
-$49.95 $60.20
09/27/2008 Debit: $49.95 from merchant oneword
-$49.95 $110.15
09/24/2008 Debit: Monthly fee of 9.95
-$9.95 $160.10
09/23/2008 Referral bonus from code letsripoffJas
$5.00 $170.05
09/23/2008 Debit: Fee of 9.95 for ordering a Debit Card.
-$9.95 $165.05
09/23/2008 Deposit @ Amscot 154 - Howland Blvd
$175.00 $175.00

all the fees lost me on this so I just stick with Quicktender an Ewallet

Good Luck Cindy

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back