NETELLER: resolved

It's over three years old now, which must make it one of the older ones. I signed up when most people were still using Paypal.

As to whether or not I'll hold my decision to stop using Neteller: not sure. This certainly freaked me out, and although it could never happen again in "unproveable" format, since I would now always take regular screenshots, I couldn't be doing with the hassle and, to some extent, the embarrassment. I might call it quits. Maybe this was a little "nudge" from fate.

The error that occured has been established:

Out of a bunch of $500 debits from my account occuring in early November there was one that apparently failed to register - putting my account $500 to the good. When the error was noted it was not communicated to me, nor was my account "corrected", because somehow it found itself getting sidelined to the wrong people via an email mix up. Nor, for that matter, did I notice the discrepancy myself, which is very odd. However, there were six identical transactions in total that day, so I figure I must have just taken a cursory glance and left it at that.

My balance was left untouched until I made a withdrawal request a few days ago. This triggered the error being corrected and my account debited - the initial withdrawal was refused, and the reason given was "our system did not read your debits and credits correctly, therefore putting your balance off.". I had no idea what this meant at the time, but it now makes sense - a debit was misread, ie. ignored.

One remaining odd aspect is that when the cheque amount was recredited it was NOT for the corrected amount - the balance was only adjusted later that day, creating that "ghost" debit.

Anyway, in the final analysis, I benefitted from an extra $500 - they are quite happy for me to hang on to it since it was an internal Neteller communication glitch that led to it, along with my adherent anxiety and general inconvenience - and Neteller are pleased to have had the opportunity to tighten up a process that had the potential for error. Apparently this has never occured before, a coincidence of 1) an error occuring and 2) the customer being unaware that his balance was off, allowing the error to stay for some days undetected.

So, we're all happy again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back