NETeller doesn't work with Netscape anymore?

sw2003

Dormant account
Anyone else finds out that NETeller ceased to work with Netscape browser anymore? I couldn't log in and was told to use Internet Explorer which works!
Anyone using Mozilla FireFox has the same problem?

Not sure sw but what i do know is they changed the signin page to a Java page around 2 months ago and ever since then it slugs a slower PC even in IE plus if you start typing before its finished loading it gets it all wrong and you have to start over :cool:

Simmo! said:
Not sure sw but what i do know is they changed the signin page to a Java page around 2 months ago and ever since then it slugs a slower PC even in IE plus if you start typing before its finished loading it gets it all wrong and you have to start over :cool:

Sure but the java thing doesn't prevent Netscape from working! I only start encountering this problem like two days ago!

Macgyver said:
I use Mozilla and have had no problems accessing NETeller.

Just checked a few seconds ago and accessed it just fine.

I downloaded Firefox and got the same error as before with Netscape!
Hey Mac, what is your security, privacy settings for cookies? I tried every one of them except permitting all cookies indiscriminately!
:confused:

Hey Mac, what is your security, privacy settings for cookies? I tried every one of them except permitting all cookies indiscriminately!

Beats me, sw, I'll check when I get back from vacation middle of next week, though.

sw2003 said:
Anyone else finds out that NETeller ceased to work with Netscape browser anymore? I couldn't log in and was told to use Internet Explorer which works!

I emailed Colin Francis at Neteller. I asked him about the Netscape problem.
Here is Colins reply:

NETeller is constantly upgrading it's website to ensure the highest level of service and security. To ensure our changes affect the vast majority of internet users we have tailored our website specifically for the use of Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. While any browser may be able to use our website without any problems, if you do encounter something that does not work properly please find the IE browser in your Start Menu or visit Microsoft.com and download it for free.

We are constantly striving to increase our compatibility and will make every effort to ensure the majority of all major web browsers will work flawlessly with the NETeller website.

We thank you for your concern.

Cheers,

Colin Francis
VP of Security, Compliance and
Customer Service, North America

Toll Free: 1.888.258.5859 ext. 3600

Fax: 888.678.2128

The problem with Internet Explorer is that it is so outdated and has no pop-up blocking, accepts cookies from every site that offers them. There is the benefit of monopoly for you! Once Microsoft won the browser war, the company just stopped working on it. Keep using IE and one day someone's NETeller account will be hacked into via one of IE's loopholes.

I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and got the same problem, crap! :confused:

Edit myself:
Ok Mozilla Firefox works now provided I don't import anything from Netscape settings, bookmarks, etc when asked on the startup of Firefox the first time.
Crap I have to retype all the stored login/password pairs etc for every website such as this one! Crap and it is weird!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back