need some help with a pic

ksech

Dormant account
i have a scan of a pic of my heart i want to rescan to post but can't remember how to do this. so if someone can walk me thru this (tell me how to do this as if i'm like a 5 year old please :D) would be much appreciated!

thank you!
kim

You have a scan or a print out out of a scan? If it's already on your computer you probably just need to resize it to post, if it's a print then you need to scan it. :confused:

You have a scan or a print out out of a scan? If it's already on your computer you probably just need to resize it to post, if it's a print then you need to scan it. :confused:

I bet you actually looked like that --> :confused: when you typed it.

i rescanned it, but it's a really huge jpeg now and i can't remember how to resize it:confused: it really isn't important i guess. trying to learn how to type onehanded right handed, it's taking forever to type things and trying to do things i used to know how to do but can't remember now suxs lol i wanted to put it in an email too but it's even too large for that :eek: i'll wait and see if my son can do it for me. thanks chayton!

i rescanned it, but it's a really huge jpeg now and i can't remember how to resize it:confused: it really isn't important i guess. trying to learn how to type onehanded right handed, it's taking forever to type things and trying to do things i used to know how to do but can't remember now suxs lol i wanted to put it in an email too but it's even too large for that :eek: i'll wait and see if my son can do it for me. thanks chayton!

The size of the picture is dependent on the resolution it's scanned. When you scan an image the higher the resolution, the bigger the picture will be on your screen. That's because your monitor has a set resolution measured in dots or pixels per inch.

So if your picture is 2 inches by 2 inches and you scan it at 500 dpi (dots per inch) your picture will come out 1000 dots (pixels) by 1000 dots. (2x500)
If your picture is 4 inches by 4 inches and you scan it at 500 dpi your picture will come out 2000 pixels by 2000 pixels. (4x500)

This high resolution is great for printing because it gives a nice crisp image but for displaying on a monitor it's unnecessary because most monitors range in resolution from 1024 pixels wide to 1360 (these are just a couple of average sizes.)

Now imagine your pictures is a standard 4x6 snapshot and you scan it at 500 dpi. Your monitor might be 1280 x 768 pixels and you just scanned your image at 2000 x 3000 pixels. It'll look great if you want to print it later but it'll be twice the size of your monitor when you view it and the file will of course be huge when you want to email it because the picture is so big.

For most average sized monitors if you want to scan a 4x6 image and have it look roughly 4x6 on the screen just scan it somewhere between 70 and 100 dpi and it will be pretty close. If you want it exact you'd either have to play with the dpi or do the actual math.

Any picture that fits in a standard size scanner and is scanned at less than 100 dpi will be a pretty small file, easily emailed or uploaded to a website.

Hope I was helpful and didn't confuse you more. :p

Here Kim, take a look here - they have a video!
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

What happened, are you ok?

i had another stroke then had some chest pains, they did a heart cath monday and put 2 stents in the heart. xrays and eco didn't show anything. there was a 60 and 95% block to the right main artery. during my stresstest my bloodpressure went to210/120 then dropped to 96/40. hopefully this is it for the next 50 years!

thank you chayton and skiny! i will look at the video, and i understood about the resolution.

i had another stroke then had some chest pains, they did a heart cath monday and put 2 stents in the heart. xrays and eco didn't show anything. there was a 60 and 95% block to the right main artery. during my stresstest my bloodpressure went to210/120 then dropped to 96/40. hopefully this is it for the next 50 years!

thank you chayton and skiny! i will look at the video, and i understood about the resolution.

Glad to help. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sorry to hear about your health problems, Kim. Take good care of yourself, hopefully you'll be back typing with both hands soon! Although you're actually doing pretty good with just one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back