Need Some Computer Tech Help

bebo67

RIP Bebo
I suck when it comes to resizing images. I have a book cover, front and back, that I am having problems with. I build all my books from scratch, and this cover is not taking because it's an obscure size. I put the variables in and it wont take. I tried resizing in Word, which it did, but I cant change it to be an actual photo, to change to PDF, or can I?

I suck when it comes to resizing images. I have a book cover, front and back, that I am having problems with. I build all my books from scratch, and this cover is not taking because it's an obscure size. I put the variables in and it wont take. I tried resizing in Word, which it did, but I cant change it to be an actual photo, to change to PDF, or can I?
Try using the basic graphics program 'Paint'. you'll find it in the start up menu in windows accessories

Here is the cover. Can anyone re size to the above dimensions? Please????????

Attachments

• Front and Back Covers - JPEG.jpg
    Front and Back Covers - JPEG.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 19
I've been at it for days :(

Making me use all of my tiny brain today.
Would have been easier if you knew how many pixels you wanted for height&width. Took a while to figure out the numbers you had written were inches. :D

cover.jpg

You can see if that is the right dimensions. But since i had to make the picture larger, the quality took a hit.
Do you have an orignial image with higher resolution?

Making me use all of my tiny brain today.
Would have been easier if you knew how many pixels you wanted for height&width. Took a while to figure out the numbers you had written were inches. :D

View attachment 112389

You can see if that is the right dimensions. But since i had to make the picture larger, the quality took a hit.
Do you have an orignial image with higher resolution?
Thank you.thank you..THANK YOU! Yes. Here is the original. May I ask what you did, in case it happens again with another book?

Attachments

• Front and Back Covers - JPEG.jpg
    Front and Back Covers - JPEG.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 3
The pixels are 300. Sorry, I was tired and fed up.

Im just gonna pretend you quoted me. :p
I needed to convert inches to pixels, so i just googled for a converter and picked the first one that came up. Uproer.
Punch in the values you have in inches and it will show you the values in pixels.

convert.png

Then i used paint3d to resize the image to 953x693 pixels. But it is probably just as easy or easier doing it via one of the webpages people have recommended. For the picture below i used iloveimg.com
Just uncheck the "keep aspect ratio" box and enter the values you have for width&height, in this case 953&693, and voila.
convert2.jpg

The second picture you uploaded have the same filesize as the first, so im guessing they are the same?
When you upscale pictures, you will have to have a pretty high definition picture to start from unless you want the quality to drop noticeably.

I needed to convert inches to pixels, so i just googled for a converter and picked the first one that came up. Uproer.
Punch in the values you have in inches and it will show you the values in pixels.

View attachment 112391

Then i used paint3d to resize the image to 953x693 pixels. But it is probably just as easy or easier doing it via one of the webpages people have recommended. For the picture below i used iloveimg.com
Just uncheck the "keep aspect ratio" box and enter the values you have for width&height, in this case 953&693, and voila.
View attachment 112393

The second picture you uploaded have the same filesize as the first, so im guessing they are the same?
When you upscale pictures, you will have to have a pretty high definition picture to start from unless you want the quality to drop noticeably.
Wowzers. I have never ran into this problem before ( Jesus giving me a hard time) Smart of you to know what to look for. Again. Thank you! Sending you a virtual beer :D

Wowzers. I have never ran into this problem before ( Jesus giving me a hard time) Smart of you to know what to look for. Again. Thank you! Sending you a virtual beer :D

Make it a non-alcoholic one since i dont drink.
Hmm, maybe it would be ok to drink an imaginary beer containing alcohol.. Not sure, its a slippery slope. :p

View attachment 112391

View attachment 112393

Why cant I give you a shield on this?

Why cant I give you a shield on this?

Hmm no idea. I think you need to have a million posts and/or have been a member since 1868 to access the shield emoji.
Or maybe because goatwack gave me a shield a while back, and it would look silly with someone carrying two shields around.

The best program for image manipulation of every conceivable variation is Adobe Photoshop. However, the learning curve on that is rather daunting so I suggest avoiding it if you are not familiar.

For quick and easy resizing, retouching with the ability to do thousands of images if needed in a few clicks use ACDSee anything from version 9 all the way up to the latest one. I've been using this program for almost 20 years since it was first developed. It's quick and easy to do everything showing conversions for all formats and sizes plus it does nice touch-ups.

I use Photoshop for web design artwork as the layering capabilities and effects are endless.

You can find a solid copy of either program on torrent sites as they are expensive but I recommend paying if you use them a lot. I always do.

PS - Photoshop is brilliant because it allows you to convert images easily between formats like PDF to JPG or vice versa. Also conversions to every other image format known.

I forget to mention, there is a light version of Photoshop for cell phones which does everything asked in this thread and simple to use. Just search Photoshop on your smartphone and you are good to go.

The best program for image manipulation of every conceivable variation is Adobe Photoshop. However, the learning curve on that is rather daunting so I suggest avoiding it if you are not familiar.

For quick and easy resizing, retouching with the ability to do thousands of images if needed in a few clicks use ACDSee anything from version 9 all the way up to the latest one. I've been using this program for almost 20 years since it was first developed. It's quick and easy to do everything showing conversions for all formats and sizes plus it does nice touch-ups.

I use Photoshop for web design artwork as the layering capabilities and effects are endless.

You can find a solid copy of either program on torrent sites as they are expensive but I recommend paying if you use them a lot. I always do.

PS - Photoshop is brilliant because it allows you to convert images easily between formats like PDF to JPG or vice versa. Also conversions to every other image format known.
Thank you! Amazing info :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back