My opinion, this idea blows

The Watchdog

Dormant account
Ok,

I am no racist or believe that I am a homofobic or xenofobic person...

But this is just not right...

POKER SITE EXCLUSIVE FOR GAY PEOPLE...

Come on.. there is no gender, sexual orientation, race or social status on poker...

POKER IS POKER AND THATS IT....

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

For me, this site is going down...

Bad marketing idea in my opinion

With the glut of online poker sites these days, I guess they figured they needed to do some old fashioned niche marketing. Appeal to a smaller section of people and hope to dominate that target audience. Basic Marketing 101 actually. I seem to remember a women's only poker site somewhere along the line. Not sure how that one turned out.

All jests aside, I see nothing wrong with this. Poker is not only a game but a social event. I think it's great that pokerrooms focus on this aspect instead of becoming the same ol' same ol' faceless entity. Whether it's a pokerroom for Trekkies or Barbie collectors, as long as there is a commonality amongst the players, it sounds interesting to me.

I don't see anything worng with it really but it does show the level that PC (politcal correctness) has invaded our global culture.

Imagine trying to get away with a hetro's only site.
Or Causcasian's only.
Or men only.

The outrage would be enormous ...
:D

For me there is nothing wrong with it

Nothing wrong,

However it seems they are advertising the site as if it was a major need for the gay community...

At least, I have never heard of discrimination on online gambling...

Hello! its Online!! No one cares what your political, sexual or religious position is.

A nice idea would be to have an Uncensored Poker Room, where you won't get banned regardless what you express on a chat. So the rule would be simple: You can take it?? Go to another table or site...

They only thing I have seend that could be considered discrimination are some sites not allowing gamblers from Turkey, Denmark, China, etc.

Now days several sites are not allowing US players, and is not taken as discrimination...

Regarding the countries mentioned above... Its a matter of security due to bad credit history if I am not mistaken.

Nothing wrong,

However it seems they are advertising the site as if it was a major need for the gay community....
Well, what would you do if you started up a site like this - not advertise it??

At least, I have never heard of discrimination on online gambling...

Hello! its Online!! No one cares what your political, sexual or religious position is....
It has nothing to do with discrimination, it's just a gathering of like-minded people, just like this forum. I'm sure you could sign up and say you're straight, nothing wrong with that. They just have gay stuff going on there I'm sure. Don't know if that interests you or not. ;)

A nice idea would be to have an Uncensored Poker Room, where you won't get banned regardless what you express on a chat. So the rule would be simple: You can take it?? Go to another table or site...
And the conversation would look like this:
Mac: Hey dweeb, nh!!
Dweeb: Fuck you. You're an asshole.

And we could call it thispokerroomsucks.com :D

Ok..

You guys convinced me ...

What's their initial bonus?? I am joining !!! :lolup: just kidding...

You do have a point meister... My reaction to the article was that there is no need for a gay onlin poker room. Good for them, but the article was real loud like: FINALLY THE ULTIMATE GAY POKER ROOM... BEHOLD THE LATEST ON GAY GAMBLING...ETC.. for me there is no need for such a site (in gambling terms).

If the intention is to make a social site, well then probably the site is going to be huge..

I don't see anything worng with it really but it does show the level that PC (politcal correctness) has invaded our global culture.

Imagine trying to get away with a hetro's only site.
Or Causcasian's only.
Or men only.

The outrage would be enormous ...
:D

Yeah agreed. It peeves me sometimes the way our culture has evolved. If everyone is equal and all minorities want to be treateed equally then let it be. And that should apply to everyone.

As far as the pokerroom that was going to cater to women...that went over like a cement balloon because the company took the concept to a level that was sickeningly sexist...extra big chat windows for "gossip", pastel chips, blah blah.

I would sign up and play at a gay-oriented pokerroom, even though I'm a flaming hetero. Why? Because I wouldn't have to deal with some of the stupid sexist homphobic racist bullshit that goes on.

Why is it so hard for some of you to admit that it's NOT PC run amock? I'm not talking about your normal chest beating and trash talking. I'm talking about the imbecile junior colege types who with every bad hand let words like n****r, c**t, and f****t fly. Players who resort to that to explain away their lack of competence are in every pokerroom.

Respect is lacking. And people who feel the need to act like homophibic sexist trogolodytes are not impressing those of us who are playing for love of the game. I assume with people like this at my table that they are trying to make up for tiny penises.

But yeah, you're right. Who wants to play poker with people with a modicum of sportsmanship? That would be like, so gay dudes....

Last night's tournament was action-packed. Billy was the winner. In case you missed it, here's a summary of the last couple of hands:

There was three-way action between Johnny, Billy and Steven. Billy liked slow play, Johnny was very tight, and Steven, despite being the underdog, was rather aggressive. Johnny pulled out early and watched as Billy finished off Steven with a backdoor flush.

Then it was one-on-one with Billy and Johnny. Johnny, who had the short stack, limped in with a couple of jacks. But Billy held a couple of queens in his hand, and flopped the nuts when two more came out. Johnny started getting excited when he received another jack, and when he got the last jack he couldn't take it any more and went all in. But the four queens had given Johnny a bad beat and so he too was finished off. And that is how Billy won the tournament.

Last edited:
As far as the pokerroom that was going to cater to women...that went over like a cement balloon because the company took the concept to a level that was sickeningly sexist...extra big chat windows for "gossip", pastel chips, blah blah.

I would sign up and play at a gay-oriented pokerroom, even though I'm a flaming hetero. Why? Because I wouldn't have to deal with some of the stupid sexist homphobic racist bullshit that goes on.

Why is it so hard for some of you to admit that it's NOT PC run amock? I'm not talking about your normal chest beating and trash talking. I'm talking about the imbecile junior colege types who with every bad hand let words like n****r, c**t, and f****t fly. Players who resort to that to explain away their lack of competence are in every pokerroom.

Respect is lacking. And people who feel the need to act like homophibic sexist trogolodytes are not impressing those of us who are playing for love of the game. I assume with people like this at my table that they are trying to make up for tiny penises.

But yeah, you're right. Who wants to play poker with people with a modicum of sportsmanship? That would be like, so gay dudes....

Dont hold back swampwitch.... tell us how you really feel ! :D

WAYLANDER

Swampy!

Wow swamp so much venom and not a single swear word.That is an art.
Actualy what you say about a Gay site probably being more relaxed makes a lot of sense. I know the Gay/mixed bars in Manchester always have a good friendly atmosphere.
Sorry to say it is a little homophobic to get upset about a Gay poker site, I mean how does it affect straight people in a negative way?
I can understand people being fed up with having political correctness rammed down their throats though and people have the right to pissed off about anything they wish.
It is when people keep their opinions to themselves that we should worry.

Out here in OZ its got sooooo past the point of being politically correct, that anyone who is not part of a minority group is treated as a second class citizen.

The little aussie battlers who made Australia what it is today, are constantly being roped up in bureaucratic red tape, whilst the minorities fly under the radar due to political correctness.

One thing I don't agree on.

IMO, everyone should be treated equal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back