Mummery is moving

jetset

RIP Brian
ISLE OF MAN REGULATOR MOVING ON

Mummery to join unidentified e-gaming company

After two years heading up E-Gaming regulatory development with the Isle of Man government, Bill Mummery has decided to return to the private sector where he will take up a senior appointment within the e-gaming sector.

Minister for Trade and Industry Hon David Cretney MHK wished Mummery well in his new career, commenting: The last two years have been very dynamic for the industry and Bill has made a valuable contribution to developing the Isle of Man as a premier jurisdiction, with world leading companies locating here.

"Many people are unaware that e-gaming has created 230 jobs at an average salary of GBP45 000 on the Isle of Man, paying GBP3 million a year in taxes and making a valuable contribution to the Isle of Man economy.

"Bill has played a key role in this success. He has been thoroughly committed to the job at hand and is held in the highest regard by his peers in the industry. While one door is closing with his work for Government a significant other one is opening up for Bill and we wish him every success in his new challenge.

"I believe there remains much opportunity for the Isle of Man in attracting reputable, responsible businesses in this sector. My Department will continue to work closely with the Department of Home Affairs and Treasury to support this sector. We are now reviewing our plans on how best to achieve this following Bills departure.

Mummery said that he was very proud of the way the industry has grown on the Island during his time in office, and emphasised that he remains committed to the sector and the further development of the Isle of Man as a world class jurisdiction.

"I shall continue to be a strong ambassador for the Isle of Man and at every opportunity hope to contribute to its continued success. I am very grateful to those people across Government and the private sector that have given me so much support and I look forward to working alongside many of them in the future, he said.

Mummery will leave his position within the DTI on the 31st March 2007. Further details of Bills new position within the private sector will be released in due course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back