Multi-Quote Function

heatherad

This question can be to all who can shed some light on this subject lol.
How does the multi-quote function work exactly???? I've tried a few times to figure it out but I'm missing something, somewhere along the way.
Thanks in advance :)

How does the multi-quote function work exactly???? I've tried a few times to figure it out but I'm missing something, somewhere along the way.
Pina had a great post exactly how to do it...I will search for it and PM it to you....if I can not find it I will type it out myself for you....I am a bad apple so beware....let me try to find that post 4 u...c ya n a few:cool:

Could not find so my version:
1. On the first post you want to quote, hit the multi-quote button,the button should turn pink!
2. Repeat #1 on all other posts you also want to include in your post!
3. Then hit the "post reply" button at the bottom left of the thread!
4. The reply to thread box should then appear with each quote within the reply box!
5. For each quote,type your responses directly after the quote tag at the end of each quote!

Sidenote: you can also edit any quote within the quote tags if you wish just like a single quote.

Hope I got this correct and I will proof after posting:thumbsup:

Last edited:

1. On the first post you want to quote, hit the multi-quote button,the button should turn pink!
4. The reply to thread box should then appear with each quote within the reply box!
5. For each quote,type your responses directly after the quote tag at the end of each quote!

Sidenote: you can also edit any quote within the quote tags if you wish just like a single quote.

We learn something every day:thumbsup:

Funny little thing happens when you edit a quote tag (huh laurie? :)) When you highlight a section it wants to include the [/ part and you have to select one letter away and delete it or retype the [/ part of 'end quote' which is html written as[/quote]

as long as it ends up looking like ....[/quote] you should be okay. Other wise it won't quote and you'll have to make your response bold to differentiate it :)

But that is just for editing quotes, what Nash gave you for multiquote will do ya well.

Funny little thing happens when you edit a quote tag (huh laurie? :)) When you highlight a section it wants to include the [/ part and you have to select one letter away and delete it or retype the [/ part of 'end quote' which is html written as
[/QUOTE]nothing a little editing,a space/backspace bar and retyping can't handle;)

Thank you bunches Nash and lojo :)
What I was doing before was hitting the multi-quote button on the one post, instead of doing it on all the posts I wanted to quote on. Hopefully this small dilema for me is solved. :oops:

P.S. I see you have it down pat GaryWatson. ;)

What I was doing before was hitting the multi-quote button on the one post, instead of doing it on all the posts I wanted to quote on. Hopefully this small dilema for me is solved. :oops:

Thanks noted from me also Nash and Lojo........
Sorry I had to try it. :p

Thanks all for clearing this up. You can also use this multipost fuction to quote posts in different threads. :thumbsup:

Thanks noted from me also Nash and Lojo........
Sorry I had to try it. :p

Thanks all for clearing this up. You can also use this multipost fuction to quote posts in different threads. :thumbsup:

ooooh looks like i can do it too :D

thanks for the tip!:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back