Mr Green withdrawal to Mastercard keeps being rejected

courtesy

Newbie member
I have deposited £100 and have won a good amount. I had heard about issues with Mastercard debit so I have tried lower amount and planned on doing a few withdrawals rather than one big one.

£750 rejected by bank
£500 rejected by bank
£100 accepted
£300 pending

I don't really want to withdraw £100 per day.
My bank is Monzo UK.

Anyone have experience of this? All banks are moving in the direction of mastercard debit by the looks of things so this is not a good sign.

Honest and detailed review of Mr Green here.

I had the same from allbritish.

I’d had a few withdrawals from them before go through fine then like you (monzo bank) I got a notification saying refund had been ‘declined’ which is of course unusual for something coming into bank.

I contacted monzo and they said it was a MasterCard issue and not them declining it. I’d had hundreds of withdrawals from other sites back to monzo before with no issue so i put it down to being allbritish, their advisor said they’d had problems getting funds back to MasterCard recently. She advised a bank transfer withdrawal but monzo has no IBAN number so I drew a blank. Requested normal withdrawal again back to monzo MasterCard and this time it credited. Obv put me off again depositing at allbritish for fear of having trouble again.

Had loads from sky bet,coral, paddy, hills and videoslots all fine tho before and since.

Could have just been some kind of MasterCard security / random check issue but found it odd CS at allbritish said they’d had probs.

Thanks, I've been in touch with Monzo and have got a Iban from the Iban generator that they pointed me to so I can request bank transfer. I do have another bank account but I'm applying for a mortgage and my advisor says to keep it sqeaky clean so no gambling transactions at all on it. Plus I think the withdrawal needs to go to the original source bank anyway.

A while back a GVC site told me they couldn’t do withdrawals back to a monzo MasterCard as MasterCard didn’t allow gambling transactions!!

Even tho coral, ladbrokes and gala bingo are all owned by the same group and had processed loads for me!!

I pointed this out to customer service but they wouldn’t budge. I was advised to use another card to make a deposit (I had to open another back account) then withdraw back to that method. Which I did as it was the only way I could get the funds out.

Luckily they didn’t moan about NET deposits because I got a touch off my initial £10 deposit and welcome offer.

So there is that option provided you haven’t done loads of deposits with that card?

Thanks, I've been in touch with Monzo and have got a Iban from the Iban generator that they pointed me to so I can request bank transfer. I do have another bank account but I'm applying for a mortgage and my advisor says to keep it sqeaky clean so no gambling transactions at all on it. Plus I think the withdrawal needs to go to the original source bank anyway.
Your mortgage advisor was spot on keep gambling transactions well away from your main accounts alais there will be some here who will disagree but most main stream lenders won't touch u with gambling transactions

Your mortgage advisor was spot on keep gambling transactions well away from your main accounts alais there will be some here who will disagree but most main stream lenders won't touch u with gambling transactions
Correct - when we went for new one a few years ago, the guy said nowt wrong with ur credit file, affordability but come back in X time with a clean statement free of them

I wish ffs sugar sandwiches were a regular stable in our house growing up lol I just happened to be luck to get a job with a great pension (at the time) and a great benefits package (at the time)
My pensions quite good but either reckon three things will happen to it before i can get it

I'll be dead
It'll be worth the same as a packet of Tayto
Bonanza will have first dibs on it

Or, all 3

£300 withdrawal approved by Mr Green and not instantly rejected by Monzo so looks like that is the number to go with. Not terrible but as I say, other normal banks are moving in the direction of Mastercard, Santander being the most recognisable one so hopefully this can be fixed at some point or we will all have these issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back