Mother-In-Laws

Jeannie

Dormant Account
A breakaway from my off topic post in a thread now closed (thankfully)

Mine lives with me.... In my house (just gotta get that straight)..... seriously why are they all so inherently evil? I could fill up 4 pages with stories about mine....

Oh that's gotta be tough....in the same house with you. :eek::eek:

I've had 2 of them....one was nice, one was...well let's say I bit my tongue off more than once or else we would have been at each other all the time. Just to show you what an outstanding person she is.......her son and I divorced when my youngest daughter was 4 years old. She has special needs and not once in all those years since (my daughter is 19 now) has she called to check on her, nor asked to see her. In her eyes she does not exist because she is different. Nice one uh! :(

If a divorce ever happens mine won't be able to call ;)

If it ever comes to that though she can only blame the hundreds of emails she has sent to various family members full of twisted lies about how terrible of a parent and wife i am....
i dont feed my kids properly, thats why my son is speech delayed (thats one of my faves)

i forced my husband to sleep on what were apparently urine soaked sheets and the weirds rash he developed one day was due to said sheets.... (i'm pretty sure i'm not willing to sleep in pee and we share the bed so therefore the sheets.... yeah, definitely no pee lol)

Mine is no longer on this plane (and I sincerely hope she has found happiness), but when she was she made everyone within hearing range know she "hated" me. The ironic part of this is, she had some serious health issues and I was the only one she would let help her. When she ended up in a nursing home after having her leg amputated, the staff there would call me at all hours of the day/night to come calm her down.

Now to put the shoe on the other foot LOL. My children have made excellent choices in their significant others. My son chose a woman a lot older than him. She has older children whom I've come to love and adore. The oldest girl just made me "great nanna Kim", errr I'm only 50:(, but the baby is absolutely adorable. I've forgotten how tiny 6 lbs is. And I finally get a girl!!!:D

My son-in-law...LOL. He must have a great sense of humor. He, my daughter, and myself all work in the same restaurant for the last 15 years. My daughter made a great pick, he spoils her rotten. They have 2 ( although one he isn't the biological father to, but he includes him as if he is) very respectful, intelligent, funny sons.

I have a great relationship with my adult children. We talk every day (their insistence not mine, darn text messaging!:D) and we get together as a family group at least once a month. My only wish, is that they had as great a relationship with their dad. He is so missing out on so much of their lives, especially the grandsons. O well, as they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and like father like son. Hopefully, before it is too late, he will open his eyes and marvel in the joys his family can give him.

At least I lucked out in one department!!!

My mother-in-law is the nicest woman on the face of the planet! I don't see her as much as I would like, but I have never once had any type of problem with her.

My oldest daughter is from a relationship when I was younger, (who just had a birthday and is now 20 :eek: )and her grandmother is the nicest woman on the face of the planet! Can 2 women be the nicest? Doesn't one have to win? hahahaha, they are tied.

I see my oldest daughters grandmother all the time, she lives only 1/2 mile away. She is such a help to me, I don't know how I could ever thank her for things she does.

*lightbulb*

I have an idea for a new thread.

My ex-mother-in-law fell somewhere between a dream and a nightmare. Pleasant enough woman, but after our daughter was born, the few times a year we saw them became monthly visits (they lived out-of-town). She was a terribly fussy eater, (and trust me, I'm a pretty good cook) and my ex and I would spend days cleaning the apartment only to have her manage to find dirt behind the toilet tank and say things like "You could have cleaned up before we came". Her refusal to eat any kind of "foreign" food (which included garlic and onions, rice, noodles, fish (except for fish 'n chips), left us breaking our grocery budget on a roast, which had to be cooked past the point of edible in order to be acceptable. Mind you, you get pretty good gravy when you cook the bejezzus out of a prime rib!

I never had the chance to buy my daughter a pretty dress because grandma bought so many, which really was a blessing. She bought too many toys we had no room for, many of which made too much noise.

When my ex and I broke up, she called me to say she hoped it would not affect her ability to be Grandma, and I assured her it wouldn't. DD visited Grandma during March break, giving me a much needed break and solved my childcare problem, a week or so during the summers, and every year over the Xmas holidays, the only time my ex visited his parents. He never had our daughter overnight, (although he visited her faithfully), and this gave me some respite from the full-time job of single parenting.

She was delighted to become a great-grandmother and I wish Jean all the best in this life. She's 70 now and has her own health issues, as well as a husband that has had a number of strokes that impair his cognitive abilities.

Actually, neither a dream or a nightmare, just a real woman who thought no one was quite good enough for her son or granddaughter, and did her best to love them.

The good thing about my great mother-in-law is.
She lives 1500 miles away :lolup:
But I had to put up with 25 years of phone calls at 3,4,5 am but it's better now.
She loves me.
~T~

Dr. Laura - Tells mother-in-law to kiss butt

Last edited by a moderator:
i know she has never liked me. i accepted that years ago. however, i opened MY home to her when she could no longer afford to live on her own, I paid the moving company i worked for to move her junk (with next to last minute notice in the middle of summer, happens to be moving companies busiest time of the year...). never a thank you. She lives in my house for free and turns around shit talking me to everyone every chance she gets.... I have done nothing but bend over backwards to be nice to the woman and i get 2 faced bitch in return....

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back