More help for someone useless please

Ok felt I needed to update if nothing more than to respect and thank those who tried to help.

It turned out the Ndivia Graphics card had blown and I stood no chance of fixing things without replacing the whole thing.

Now for the super embarrassing part.....

If I'd only looked a little harder, it turns out that there is a VGA port built onto the mother board and all I had to do is plug the monitor in to that instead, at least as a temporary fix until I could purchase a new Graphics card :oops: :oops:

Up and running for now but need the card and a replacement fan for the PSU as this had shattered also, guy cleaned it out and solved the noisy, laggy issues also for now.

GC is about £50 and fan £5 so not a total disaster as I first thought (touch wood!) :)

Jono777:-
"If I'd only looked a little harder, it turns out that there is a VGA port built onto the mother board and all I had to do is plug the monitor in to that instead, at least as a temporary fix until I could purchase a new Graphics card :oops: :oops:".

I vaguely remember something about VGA for older pc's, when it's in regard to graphics, during my student days, but forgot to mention it:p, but all's good now..happy days;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back