Montana Disputes - How long should it take?

doober

Dormant account
How long should I patiently wait for Montana Disputes to give me any type of status on my complaint before I escalate this to the next level?

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks, where the only communication I received was after 1 week of my complaint when they told me they were looking into it.

Just wondering from other's past experiences.
 

chuchu59

gambling addict
PABnonaccred
CAG
It could be weeks or even months from my experience. In the end, even if Montana rules in your favour, you have to push the casino to comply. Montana once ruled the release of comp points at a certain casino in my favour but the casino seemed ignorant of the decision. It took a week more to get my comp points.
 

bpb

Banned User - repeated violations of rule 1.14 (tr
PABnonaccred
PABnorogue
I'm currently going on 6 months on a dispute. I asked for a status update after 5 months, and they told me that these things take time and that they were still waiting for a response from the casino.
 

retlaw

Meister Member
Don't expect that Montana will solve your problem.My experience with Montana is very bad : worthless organisation!!
 

nikest27

Banned User
retlaw said:
Don't expect that Montana will solve your problem.My experience with Montana is very bad : worthless organisation!!
i strongly agree with you. just wastage of time. and a casino organization to fool people. worthless organization.
 

jetset

RIP Brian
CAG
RTG alerted and pointed to this thread - Eduboys please post here again if you've heard nothing in a week's time. That way we can monitor this and keep it live.
 

mrracetrack

Dormant account
bpb said:
I'm currently going on 6 months on a dispute. I asked for a status update after 5 months, and they told me that these things take time and that they were still waiting for a response from the casino.
Montana is still waiting for a response from the casino for five months? :eek:

And they feel 5-6 months is a "reasonable" time period? :xxx

Montana... :sniper:
 

kheladi

Dormant account
I had one resolved by montana

It took like 4 to 5 months i had given up because it was just 250 dollars
but to my surprice montana was dormant( did not here for 2 months) and all of sudden get email saying it was in my favour and check sent to me by dhl
and then same responce from casino and had check in 6 days
 

paul02085

Senior Member
eduboys said:
How long should I patiently wait for Montana Disputes to give me any type of status on my complaint before I escalate this to the next level?

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks, where the only communication I received was after 1 week of my complaint when they told me they were looking into it.

Just wondering from other's past experiences.
I would say they will get back to you in about the same length of time it takes to get paid by Black Widow/Grand Banks:eek2:
 

doober

Dormant account
I just received an update from Montana. They have filed their "Initial findings" with the operator, who then has a chance to respond before final findings are issued.

Not sure if it was the thread, or just a coincidence, but looks like I'm starting to get somewhere! Now if they gave me some type of timeframe as to how long the operator has to respond that would have been nice.
 

chuchu59

gambling addict
PABnonaccred
CAG
eduboys said:
I just received an update from Montana. They have filed their "Initial findings" with the operator, who then has a chance to respond before final findings are issued.

Not sure if it was the thread, or just a coincidence, but looks like I'm starting to get somewhere! Now if they gave me some type of timeframe as to how long the operator has to respond that would have been nice.

This will be the acid test. If Montana has any clout, the casino should, at most, reply to them within 3 days.
 

Tdoggy

Experienced Member
Good ol Montana lol

Good old Montana...lol what a joke they are...lol. Now Julie she was for the player....may she R.I.P. Montana aren't they paid by RTG???? How could they possibly be for the player??? Good luck getting paid. But if you do don't count on it for a long long time.....:eek:

They drove me crazy.....no help at all....a big BOOOO!!!!!
 

chuchu59

gambling addict
PABnonaccred
CAG
Tdoggy said:
Good old Montana...lol what a joke they are...lol. Now Julie she was for the player....may she R.I.P. Montana aren't they paid by RTG???? How could they possibly be for the player??? Good luck getting paid. But if you do don't count on it for a long long time.....:eek:

They drove me crazy.....no help at all....a big BOOOO!!!!!

I miss Julie too. She was a true champion for the players. Now, gambling.com will never be the same again without her.
 

chuchu59

gambling addict
PABnonaccred
CAG
Tdoggy said:
Good old Montana...lol what a joke they are...lol. Now Julie she was for the player....may she R.I.P. Montana aren't they paid by RTG???? How could they possibly be for the player??? Good luck getting paid. But if you do don't count on it for a long long time.....:eek:

They drove me crazy.....no help at all....a big BOOOO!!!!!

I miss Julie too. She was a true champion for the players. Now, gambling.com will never be the same again without her.
 

BBKPoker

halfway to busto
PABrogue3
If you are sending email to Montana, you might as well send it into a black hole. Playtech's internal dispute process isn't any better either (contact Iris, have her email the casino and parrot the same answer the casino tells you, continue to not get paid by whatever shady casino action is taking place).

Fortunately, there are a few reptuable RTGs (Bos, Geisha, etc) and Playtechs (Diamonddeal etc) that fall under the accredited lists, but they are the exception and not the norm. MG is still by far the best software provider as they seem to be the only one that takes a hands-on approach with who licenses their software.
 

doober

Dormant account
It has been 3 Days since I was sent the response:

Dear XXX,

Initial findings have been sent to the operator. The operator has the opportunity to respond to these initial findings before final findings are issued.

Thank you,
The Player Dispute Team​

So I felt it would be appropriate to ask the follow-up question:

In what timeframe is the operator required to respond to these initial findings before they are disclosed to me?

Thanks,
XXX​

Wonder if they'll actually give me a hard date in a response.
 
Last edited:

doober

Dormant account
June 21st (5 1/2 weeks after I posted the dispute) I received a reply that final findings were reported to the operator and they have 3-7 days to respond.

Will let the forum know what happens.
 

doober

Dormant account
I'm going to hold off publicly name the casino and the amount for now as I'd rather keep it off the public boards.

Just wondering, what is proper etiquette in this situation? I assume I give the casino ample time to rectify the situation before publicly naming it.
 
Top