Moneybookers wire transfer to canadian banks!

han_solo82

Dormant account
Wow, 2 posts by me on the same day, must be because I'm winning money :D

Fellow Canadian who uses Moneybookers, how do you setup you bank account to receive withdraw your money through wire transfer? I'm using BMO but any other institution as an exemple would be great!

Moneybookers ask only for a swift code (which is BOFMCAM2 for BMO) and an account number.

My problem is with the account number. Do I have to enter the institution number (001 for BMO), branch number (0267 in my case) and my account number (7 numbers) all at once without dash? This is what I think should be enter on the moneybookers site :

0010267XXXXXXX, where the Xs are my account number

Can anybody confirm this to me, I don't want to lose my precious money (Ok I don't think this is gonna happen but still!)

See Related Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really recall what I did, but if they're asking for just the account number, then just put the (7 digit) account number. Most times if there aren't enough digits or too many then you'll get an error when you submit the form anyhow. If it gives you an error then try with the other numbers.

What I DO remember is that my first withdrawal from MB I had to take a small amount to confirm my bank details before being able to withdraw the full amount. That was a few years ago though so maybe things have changed since then.

Sorry I can't be more helpful - I'd say to talk to MB support, but that's like talking to a wall. :rolleyes: There are a few other Canucks around, maybe someone else will have the info you need.

oh yeah, and congrats on the win!

This thread should go in to "America the Beautiful".

Not wise to be discussing these kind of things in an open forum.

This thread should go in to "America the Beautiful".

Not wise to be discussing these kind of things in an open forum.

Well, it is a discussion of a method not available for the US, so it seems reasonable here.

It's been a long time since my first Moneybooker's withdrawal, but that sounds right to me... I know I had to enter my branch number for sure. It does show it as in Montreal (not my city), think it might be a default address for the Swift, but my payments arrive no problems.

There is an FAQ on Moneybookers, and if you would like to question them, you must use their internal message system... emails will not be answered.

WTG on your win.

It's been a long time since my first Moneybooker's withdrawal, but that sounds right to me... I know I had to enter my branch number for sure. It does show it as in Montreal (not my city), think it might be a default address for the Swift, but my payments arrive no problems.

There is an FAQ on Moneybookers, and if you would like to question them, you must use their internal message system... emails will not be answered.

WTG on your win.

Thank you for your help Jasminebed and Chayton.

Unfortunately the Moneybookers FAQ don't help much.

But I just thought of something, Jasminebed and Chayton, if you go on your moneybookers profil section, you will see the list of Bank Account with the account number you've entered (with xxx to hid it partially). How many numbers are there (including the xxxxx of course!) Is the first numbers visible are the institution numbers or branch number? The last 3 numbers should be the last 3 numbers of your account number.

It's 11 digits, so 4 digit branch code I guess and my 7 digit account number. First two numbers are 00, which would fit with my branch no.

Ok I've search the net and that makes sense I've been reading that you must enter first your branch number and then account number, which makes 11.

I will try that and see if it works. Now if only Betvoyager could withdraw my cash to my moneybookers account (see other thread)

Because it is coming from the Europe side of the water you have to enter the banks SWIFT code, then your transit and account number, I did the same and just recieved 2 wires from them, I use RBC, just call tele banking and ask them the number. You will then only be allaowed to transfer $15 on the first wire and use their verification code sent in the memo field of the transfer to fully unlock the feature.

Well today I tried a wire transfer using the 4 branch numbers and 7 account number, as advised by my bank.

I think it should work, we'll see in a couple of days.

Thank you all for the help, it's truly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back