Microgaming Progressives RTP

nold

Newbie member
Hi everyone, I'd like to share some findings I had with the community. It relates to two Microgaming progressive jackpot slots, Major Millions and Lotsaloot, the 5-reel versions.

Microgaming lists an RTP of 89.37% for Major and 89.95% for Lotsaloot. Thanks to the previous work from forum members from around 2007, the reel layouts for these are known. Using Zoozie's simulator it became obvious that those RTPs are only possible if the jackpot was exactly 0 for each game. Meaning that the listed RTP by Microgaming is impossible, as the jackpots seed at 250k and 2500 respectively. I suspect the reason they use a jackpot of 0 for the listed RTP is so that the formula for break-even jackpot cannot be derived.

Using Zoozie's simulator however it was easy to figure out these formulas, so here they are:

Major Millions: Break-even jackpot is approximately 2.36M, the formula is RTP = 89.41% + 0.00000448% * Jackpot

Lotsaloot: Break-even jackpot is 71,625, the formula is RTP = 89.95% + 0.0001403141361% * Jackpot

Currently the RTP for Major Millions is 100.7%, but of course the risk involved in chasing a 2.5M jackpot is incredibly high.

I got my almost 15 year old java applet running here:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

But getting modern browsers run an applet is not trivial.
The easiest way is probably using windows IE and allow applets to run. That is what Nold did.

There is a small error in the paytable for the Thunderstruck clones if I remember correct, but you can just edit that number and correct it.

/Zoozie

It never ceases to amaze me how intelligent some people are, great post OP. Although I do like EV+ situations I think I will pass on this one though as like you say the variance is a tad high lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back