Microgaming Missed Wins

spintee

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
webby
mm2
I am getting really annoyed now, missing wins by 1 reel off, I did read a post a while back saying that operators not aloud to do this, But non stop now, Is this a fix to keep you playing? Its like 1 in every ten spins, Something is not right here, Has anybody else seeing the same thing?

It depends on which type of slot you are playing - if it's an AWP this can happen quite a lot as the spinning of the reels is not truly random.

But if you're playing 5-reel bonus video slots, then it's just a run of bad luck - they ARE random and the operators can NOT do anything to change how they work.

KK

It depends on which type of slot you are playing - if it's an AWP this can happen quite a lot as the spinning of the reels is not truly random.

But if you're playing 5-reel bonus video slots, then it's just a run of bad luck - they ARE random and the operators can NOT do anything to change how they work.

KK

ladies nite, thunderstruck (1st 1) spring break, all the same, 9 play line, Its just keeps doing it, may my bad luck but some bad luck I'm getting

ladies nite, thunderstruck (1st 1) spring break, all the same, 9 play line, Its just keeps doing it, may my bad luck but some bad luck I'm getting
Those 3 (all clones = same slot "engine", just with different symbols on the reels) are definitely random. Thunderstruck was one of the first slots analysed by myself and some other CM members years back. We plotted out the reel strips (you can see these on SlotBeaters.com) and worked out that if each reel span totally randomly that the slot does achieve it's stated RTP. i.e. These slots are completely random in the true sense of the word, and not "compensated" in any way.

KK

I don't agree completely, as you say although everything is as random as it gets online, the newer slots on for instance MG, WMS, Netent and some other, do seem to have more built in near win displays.

It's a trend i also noticed, and i do not really like it: makes you want to autoplay and hide the screen at times:)

I suspect this is what game developers pay psychology and behavioral science students and/or institutes big bucks for, to come up with, but i am devoid of proof.. whichever the case, i have enough spins on my counter to justify what i said: newer releases have more near big win or near win displays somehow built in to their game play, and i really don't their it would affect the RTP and randomness, but it does irritate me.

Every time i see it, especially when on a bad run, i get the strong feeling "they really want me to think it's coming anytime now" and this does not increase my desire to play on really.

Could be wrong, but i don't think i am:)

I don't agree completely, as you say although everything is as random as it gets online, the newer slots on for instance MG, WMS, Netent and some other, do seem to have more built in near win displays.

It's a trend i also noticed, and i do not really like it: makes you want to autoplay and hide the screen at times:)

I suspect this is what game developers pay psychology and behavioral science students and/or institutes big bucks for, to come up with, but i am devoid of proof.. whichever the case, i have enough spins on my counter to justify what i said: newer releases have more near big win or near win displays somehow built in to their game play, and i really don't their it would affect the RTP and randomness, but it does irritate me.

Every time i see it, especially when on a bad run, i get the strong feeling "they really want me to think it's coming anytime now" and this does not increase my desire to play on really.

Could be wrong, but i don't think i am:)
I could not of put it better my self, I agree that it most prob does not affect thr RTP in any way but it certainly does annoy you, And yes its a psychology thing to get you thinking, I do not think it takes a scienceist to figure out, But I wonder how much theses big companys pay them how to screw us gamblers up, These near misses are occurring more and more, To me it seems like there getting more like pub fruit machines, do not pay small wins alot and chucks out jp repeat, Or its my real bad luck of runs or developers have changed the way they pay, What ever the score is I am getting no where with wins,

It's an age old slot tactic in terms of how the reels are designed.

If you want to go properly mental - try playing an old school three liner slot like "Couch Potato" or "5x Pay" - you'll want to lobotomize yourself after an hour of watching the jackpot symbols line up beautifully on the line above and below.

On the upside, it makes it all the more exciting when on the odd occasion they fall perfectly in to place.

As long as you understand the result is decided from the point of hitting spin and reels are just eye candy, which any recreational and most definitely, any serious gambler, should, you know there's no such beast as 'near wins' - you either won or didn't.

Yes I went through a whole year of missed wins. Now the software is missing my deposits ;)

Lol! Seriously though I think MG is the absolute worst at near misses. I mean all softwares have them, the slots at the B&M have them but with MG it's just so obvious (Netent isn't even as bad). IMO to make up for the lack of returns they give you constant near misses. That doesn't work for me because I just check my withdrawal history and make up my mind from there. After a while the near misses become slightly irritating. Same with the features. The feature has to trigger eventually... Actually no it doesn't.

I'm sure the TRTP does it's job. That it's all random. But they feel kinda tight. I mean that's what all the game updates are for :)

As long as you understand the result is decided from the point of hitting spin and reels are just eye candy, which any recreational and most definitely, any serious gambler, should, you know there's no such beast as 'near wins' - you either won or didn't.

I agree, but judging from threads like the "screenshots that suck" thread and countless posts by members that describe how they played x game and they had x number of 2 scatters yet none of them lined up to give them 3 pretty much says that there is A LOT of players that don't realize that you either get 3 scatters or you don't, getting 2 is not any closer to 3 then one or zero is, you either win or you don't.

MG and Playtech are the worst when it comes to these so called "near misses", when you get 2 scatters the reels slow down and when it doesn't hit i am sure there are a lot of players that think "oh i nearly got it".
Personally it just pisses me off when they slow down the reels to "build suspense", so when possible i use quickspin since there is no BS like that then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back