McDonalds ran out of McNuggets, woman calls 911

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
I wish I could put this in the jokes section but it's not a joke!!! :D omg....

Woman Calls 911 After McDonald's Runs Out Of Nuggets
Fort Pierce Woman Cited For Misusing 911 Emergency Communications System

updated 7:49 p.m. ET, Wed., March. 4, 2009

FORT PIERCE, Fla. - A Fort Pierce woman called 911 three times to report an emergency after McDonald's had run out of McNuggets, according to a police report obtained Tuesday.

Latreasa Goodman, 27, was issued a written notice to appear in court for misusing the 911 emergency communications system.

According to the report, Goodman called 911 three times Saturday to report that a McDonald's employee wasn't giving her a refund for the chicken nuggets she wanted.

When police arrived, Goodman said she purchased a 10-piece chicken McNuggets meal, received her change and then was told McDonald's had run out of McNuggets. Goodman said she tried to get a refund, but the cashier told her it was against store policy and that all sales are final.

"The manager just took my money and won't give me my money back, trying to make me get something off the menu that I don't want," Goodman said in one of the 911 calls. "I ordered chicken nuggets. They don't have chicken nuggets, and so I told her, 'Just give me my money back,' and she tells me I have to pick something else off the menu. She is not going to give me my money back, and she don't have the right to take my money."

According to the report, after police told Goodman the incident was not an emergency, Goodman replied, "This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don't want one. This is an emergency."

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

When I listened to the audio tapes of those calls the other day, what amazed me was the dispatchers remained so calm and didn't seem to be inclined to remind the person a fast food place being out of chicken nuggets wasn't an emergency.

I would never survive as a 911 operator. :D

Seems like a misuse of 911, especially to call more than once.

But if McDonalds took her money, failed to deliver the order, than the police (contacted directly) should have responded. They sure as heck respond when a patron leaves a retaurant without paying (theft), and for McDonalds to not issue a refund when the product was unavailable is also theft.

I mean this woman is clearly nuts..missing a few marbles, short a few cards in a stack. What would possess someone to call 911 because they ran out of Chicken McNuggets. Whats wrong with her is she not on the same planet that we on. She did that to get publicity. Dumb Ass..

I mean this woman is clearly nuts..missing a few marbles, short a few cards in a stack. What would possess someone to call 911 because they ran out of Chicken McNuggets. Whats wrong with her is she not on the same planet that we on. She did that to get publicity. Dumb Ass..

Maybe" a few fries short of a Happy Meal "is more like it:D.....laurie

Seems like a misuse of 911, especially to call more than once.

But if McDonalds took her money, failed to deliver the order, than the police (contacted directly) should have responded. They sure as heck respond when a patron leaves a retaurant without paying (theft), and for McDonalds to not issue a refund when the product was unavailable is also theft.

I disagree, she should have hunted down that firm of lawyers who handled the McDonalds scalding coffee case, and got an even BIGGER "refund":D

McDonalds should be ashamed of this too, there is no way this could EVER be right, since the sale was not "completed", and the delivered goods were faulty. The attitude of this cashier caused this woman to lose her senses, so she could ALSO sue for this.

I thought service was BETTER in the US than here, because US citizens willl not tolerate what we Brits put up with. McDonalds over here will OFTEN refund & replace food, sometimes even if half eaten and we simply "don't like the taste". My young niece once got a replace for a burger she simply "didn't like the taste of" because she had never tried it before, yet this was NOT an automatic right, since the burger was not faulty.

I'm alive today because of 911 being available a few years ago. Which of these calls would be a real emergency--when I collapsed and stopped breathing or a woman who wanted chicken nuggets ? If all the lines had been full and one of them was tied up by a fool like this carrying on about chicken nuggets, it would have resulted in my death. Call me selfish but getting help to me was more important to my family than someone in the McDonald's food line whining about her chicken nuggets. :rolleyes:

A call through the regular police department switchboard would have handled her call . McDonald's gave her a refund ,an apology plus a bonus . I hope the judge gives her something,too. A fine large enough to get her attention. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back