CM Announcement Major Forum Upgrade

Its not so much that it is an issue learning how to take the extra steps.

But if i went to microwave something and noticed i needed to press start twice for it to start, i would think "huh thats annoying and worse than it was"
Its the same here.
An upgrade should mean less clicks, easier access etc.
Not more clicks to get it to do the same thing as before the "upgrade"

mmmn.gif

Yes, i love cheese.

FWIW Xenforo 2.x is MUCH better than this version running, even without the latest posts plugin (which will be annoying to lose).
It's much cleaner, faster, and just generally better to use.

We've always had those widgets - didn't use them since they were redundant withe the list of threads and posts at the top. I can place that on the side column tomorrow first thing if that's what makes people happy. :D

Happy? People on here after a software update? Are you mad :D They might be a little less fuming though so it's worth a shot :)

But what are the benefits for users?
If its just a visual upgrade that makes it a bit faster its not worth the downside of making it less user friendly imo.

Now if the inhumane gif size restrictions were to be removed, well maybe id have to think about it.
Hearing no bears allowed on the forum anymore. ;)

Hearing no bears allowed on the forum anymore. ;)
Well, that settles it.
I dont like the changes and have already started making merchandise to make the forum great again (MTFGA, just rolls off the tongue dont you think?)
I usually charge about €49.99 for them, but since this is so important, if you pm me the size of your head and send €50 to my skrill, i will send you the baseball cap absolutely FREE of charge.

nhhgf.png

I dont know any bad words in english, so if it resembles one when sounding out the letters you will have to explain to me in detail what word you are talking about and what it means.
I only learn the nice words.

Knulla? I am asking more if that is right,lol. If so swearing in Swedish FTW!

Well, the latest post plugin is already on the right column .. But there's still a major annoyance; Why do I have to scroll down several times to see it? Why is nonsense like member's birthdays prioritized over latest posts? Furthermore imo the plugin is too small .. you can see maybe four threads in there, as opposed to the previous plugin where I'd see quite a few more.

I can use ublock origin to filter out the stuff I don't care about for the most part but I can't remove Today's birthdays or events & conferences since doing so would also remove the latest posts.

Strictly speaking the new posts button is probably better than the latest posts plugin but people don't like change, and neither do I. Plus it's about ease of use .. easy to pop in to the main page, see that there's no new posts and change page. It's just one extra step to see the posts now, but it's annoying enough.

Well, the latest post plugin is already on the right column .. But there's still a major annoyance; Why do I have to scroll down several times to see it? Why is nonsense like member's birthdays prioritized over latest posts? Furthermore imo the plugin is too small .. you can see maybe four threads in there, as opposed to the previous plugin where I'd see quite a few more.

I can use ublock origin to filter out the stuff I don't care about for the most part but I can't remove Today's birthdays or events & conferences since doing so would also remove the latest posts.

Strictly speaking the new posts button is probably better than the latest posts plugin but people don't like change, and neither do I. Plus it's about ease of use .. easy to pop in to the main page, see that there's no new posts and change page. It's just one extra step to see the posts now, but it's annoying enough.
Amen to that!
Thanks for standing up for whats right, have a hat.

ccc.png

Unless I missed something ...

xenforo-whats-new.png

Sam ting no? Of course you have to actually click on the thing.
But there might be a setting to make that the default landing page, seem to remember seeing that option buried somewhere.

After having time to think about it this could be a great idea.

Just wait till next time poor @ternur logs into the site.

He will spend about half an hour resetting page to try find where the posts went. Then after a couple more drinks to calm himself will give up.

Hence the reason i tagged him to help him. Yeah i know i am all heart lol.

cheers.png

OK - to decrease the amount of whininess here, I have turned the feature back on. But if we can't get it to function properly during the upgrade it's toast. :D

Won't decrease the whining they will find something else to whine about especially the bear.

But great move. Just seeing things like they were is so much better. Nice to see what's been posted as soon as you enter forum.

Won't decrease the whining they will find something else to whine about especially the bear.

But great move. Just seeing things like they were is so much better. Nice to see what's been posted as soon as you enter forum.

Yes, the right amount of wine is needed. Things get bland otherwise.

OK - to decrease the amount of whininess here, I have turned the feature back on. But if we can't get it to function properly during the upgrade it's toast. :D

Feedback not whinging, no?

It literally put a smile on my face to come online for the first time today and see "Ye Good ol' CM" how it should be.

Someone made a post regarding if members have to keep searching to find a thread rather than simply clicking 'forum' that they will post less, if at all. I most defo fit into that category.

I'm just curious -- genuinely -- if I understand this correctly:
  1. For those of you that are partial to the current setup, meaning Latest Posts listed before the forum listing, are you saying that your engagement here would drop off considerably if you needed to click on "New Posts" to see the equivalent of the Latest Posts listing?
  2. What if you were able to choose the New Posts page (for example) as your default landing page when you logged in, thus saving you a click?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back