New Slot Announcement Machina Megaways by Kalamba 337x Feature Buy!

I'm a bit suspicious of demo mode. I've never had a particularly bad result from it.
In fact on several occasions I've gone from the initial 5k balance to 50/60k, just from buying the biggest bonus, my balance will allow

I'm a bit suspicious of demo mode. I've never had a particularly bad result from it.
In fact on several occasions I've gone from the initial 5k balance to 50/60k, just from buying the biggest bonus, my balance will allow
Well, watching Craig's winner video where he bought in 3x337 18-spin bonuses, it certainly didn't perform as well as it did in my demo play. It was brutal. Then again, it was only 3 bonuses. It reminds me of White Rabbit buy-ins, where the nature of the feature mechanic usually means you'll get a significant amount of the buy-in cost back on average.

EDIT - have just run 10 18-spin demo buys, struggling NOT to make a profit on any on them! Only 2/10 paid less than cost, one at 43e one at 15e. Rest were all 3-600x unitary bet. A bit suspicious about the demo I have.

Second edit - my best in 30 features of 18-spins. 1666x

machina-big.jpg

Last edited:
Don't tell me - they've resorted to the old 'super spins' mechanic or something, where your wins at £2 stake can be spent on a 'separate' game board or reel set? Or allowed you play £2 stakes on separate reel sets or games simultaneously? It'll be interesting to find out...

Indeed. Some of the old £25 jackpot 25p machines had a very dodgy setup like a fast version of the extra chilli gamble where you had to hit a small green segment just to spin the reels, effectively paying £1 per spin on average when the max stake was 30p at the time

I had mostly very poor results on demo play (@Mr Green), buying some 20 features of 18+ spins, a few were a bit more than break-even and one 700x net win. Especially after watching Craig's video, I've decided to steer clear of this one.

Do tell? Some sort of pre-game pie gamble (like the original Magic Games "£25") I'm guessing?
Exactly that. Place your bets (up to 30 quid) and then spin a wheel at 2 quid a time with a 1 in X (where X is total chip value divided by 2, multiplied by RTP - e.g at 30 quid chips, 1 in 16.5 if RTP is 90%) chance of playing roulette. So in other words this game is far less fair than 20p Roulette with a 30 quid minimum stake. Is at a lower RTP. But hey, it's legal. :)

Well done government. Well done.

Exactly that. Place your bets (up to 30 quid) and then spin a wheel at 2 quid a time with a 1 in X (where X is total chip value divided by 2, multiplied by RTP - e.g at 30 quid chips, 1 in 16.5 if RTP is 90%) chance of playing roulette. So in other words this game is far less fair than 20p Roulette with a 30 quid minimum stake. Is at a lower RTP. But hey, it's legal. :)

Well done government. Well done.
So the treasury might not now lose as much tax from FOBTs as they first anticipated.
So they can now forget about the increased tax for online operators, which was going to cover the loss from FOBTs.
Can't they? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't tell me - they've resorted to the old 'super spins' mechanic or something, where your wins at £2 stake can be spent on a 'separate' game board or reel set? Or allowed you play £2 stakes on separate reel sets or games simultaneously? It'll be interesting to find out...

Parallel/simultaneous games are not allowed...

So the treasury might not now lose as much tax from FOBTs as they first anticipated.
So they can now forget about the increased tax for online operators, which was going to cover the loss from FOBTs.
Can't they? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I doubt it's going to take the same amount of money... but its a way around the regulations...

This is f*cking SHOCKING when you think about it. :eek::eek:

20 x 18-spin feature buys on max £36 stake would cost you near the average price of a UK house. (A garage down South, a street up North.)

kalamba-caramba.jpg

EDIT - sorry I mean 20 max bet feature buys. :oops:

Last edited:
I'm curious if the novelty of the giant feature buy actually drives much more attention and play to this slot than it would have otherwise received with a 50-100x feature buy.

Or if's the opposite, and the giant feature buy puts some people off who would have been happy to buy something like a 65x feature buy that gives you a random 3-6 scatter feature (with the low end being more likely). But they see the 300x+ price and run away instead of buying a smaller feature.

I'm guessing the first, but tough to say.

Got to admire the innovation in this country, esp when it makes money for the taxman,wont be the only loophole
Sorry referring to the roulette comments, seems to be in the wrong place

This is f*cking SHOCKING when you think about it. :eek::eek:

20 x 18-spin feature buys on max £36 stake would cost you near the average price of a UK house. (A garage down South, a street up North.)

View attachment 103093

EDIT - sorry I mean 20 max bet feature buys. :oops:

Don't worry, the Parliamentary Committee that was instrumental in forcing the Government to reduce max FOBT stakes to £2 has now switched its focus to online gaming. All this feature buy stuff will be a distant memory in the UK, perhaps sooner than we think.

Don't worry, the Parliamentary Committee that was instrumental in forcing the Government to reduce max FOBT stakes to £2 has now switched its focus to online gaming. All this feature buy stuff will be a distant memory in the UK, perhaps sooner than we think.

An MP could afford 10 max bet spins on their salary. Actually, after tax, assuming the spongers pay any, that would be about 5-6 spins.:D

how the hell do they extend playtime? Surely you'll always have a longer session spinning normally?

Because the features take quite a while to play, the RTP rises very slightly and the construct means you're likely to get a reasonable part of the cost back on average to buy more and so-on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back