love2winalot's systems

I have some principles that I go by...

1. No betting systems work. Only "strategies" can possibly make a person stay ahead.

2. Don't use a betting strategy (let alone a system) developed by someone else. Instead, develop your own. Only then will you have something which you will fully understand through hours of play and constantly tweaking.

3. Lack of discipline (or people simply playing for fun) will kill most bankrolls and keep the house happy. Even a solid strategy will be derailed by someone who can't keep discipline. Probably the vast majority of gamers don't have the needed discipline, and of those who do, very few again can stay disciplined 100% of the time.

4. Play for fun, anything else is gravy.

That's not a knock on Love2winalot, his strategy works for him. He probably spent a boatload of time developing it. You can't be him by reading posts in a forum just like you can't be Bruce Lee by reading his book. Love2winalot doesn't need for his forum posts to work for you, he only needs for his strategy to work for him.

I have done much the same. Over the past year I have spent quite a bit of time playing low stakes roulette and free games.

I have tried a bunch of systems. I saw that some of these systems had potential. After many hours of play I realized all these systems lose approximately the rate of the house edge. I tweaked them constantly thinking there had to be a way to make them work. Finally, I declared all systems to be worthless and that I had to develop a non systematic strategy instead.

After a year of constant testing and tweaking I believe I have found my own strategy which seems to work very well. It's a flat betting strategy and I have a daily goal. Some days I come a couple of units short and some days I get a couple of units extra. Some days I hit my very modest stop loss but equally as often I have an extraordinary day which makes up for a stop loss day. After a full month my strategy has averaged out to hit my daily goal.

Like Love2winalot, I also live in the Philippines and if my strategy continues to be successful for another month then I believe I will have a winner. Even if it's only half as good some months I will still be able to make enough from it to cover basic living expenses. I'm not worried about that though, roulette still wouldn't be my main income. Above all, I'm playing for fun.

So, the main point of this post is that you should take the time to develop your own strategy. I have had fun with it and it wouldn't have been nearly as interesting if someone just handed me something which works. If my strategy fails in the end, at least I still had fun and I will keep tweaking. Actually, the day I don't have to keep tweaking my strategy (I'm still working on different variations even though it has already been working well) is probably the day roulette will cease to be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back