Looking for Poker Room near Blackpool - any ideas?

jefoss

Dormant account
hiya all,

myself and a few other poker players are looking to go to a couple of live games in the blackpool or not too far surrounding area's any ideas on the best one for a good poker room, i know blackpools grosvenor is good, but ive not been to any others near there. suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

hiya all,

myself and a few other poker players are looking to go to a couple of live games in the blackpool or not too far surrounding area's any ideas on the best one for a good poker room, i know blackpools grosvenor is good, but ive not been to any others near there. suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
No idea - so I'll move this to the "Poker" section for a better response.

hiya all,

thanks
how far is not too far jefoss?

well im coming from leicester and some from the north so we are pretty adaptable

Okay in Blackpool you have The Castle, but really the Grosvenor is the one you want to play at

Grosvenor
Sandcastle
South Promenade
Blackpool
FY4 1BB
01253 341222

Castle
64 Queens Promenade
North Shore
Blackpool
FY2 9QG
01253 352628

in Lytham

Stanley St Annes
Pleasure Island Complex
St. Annes on Sea
FY8 1LS
01253 724123

In Liverpool, Leo's is very good, overlooking the Mersey, Grosvenor also has a card room, but it is dreadful, don't go there. The River is a card club, it is new and I havent been there, but it has a solid reputation already.

Leo
44 Chaloner Street
Queens Dock
Liverpool
L3 4BF
0151 709 8878

The River
89 Victoria Street
Liverpool
L1 6DG
0151-255 0231

Bolton Grosvenor is again brand new and apparently very nice, but I can't comment personally

Grosvenor
Moor Lane
Bolton
BL3 5DJ
01204 375820

Finally Manchester which only has two poker rooms, the fairly new Circus and the tired looking Grosvenor out in Salford.

Circus
100 - 114 Portland St
Manchester
M1 4RL
0161 228 0077

Grosvenor
Riverside
Regent Road
Salford
Manchester
M5 4QU
0161 8390467

As they all tend to change tournament schedules and cash games can be hit or miss, I would suggest you phone ahead to see what they offer on the days you intend being there.

For me, Blackpool is the best bet as the Grosvenor is one of the best cardrooms in the country, and you've tons of other stuff to do, however they are undergoing a refurb and card room capacity will be down for the next few weeks.

Otherwise, Liverpool Leo's is very good, and a lot of beginners/very bad players there, and apparently the Scouse nightlife is very good, never been brave enough to try it myself though :lolup:

wow thanks for that info there dude very good, ive been blackpool grosvenor before and yes its a good place, i knew they were refurbing but didnt know when thanks for all the other info ill be able to work something out from there!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back