London Bridge Stabbings - Suspected Terror Attack

We're in for years of this unfortunately, it's being instilled in future generations with things like faith schools. Can you imagine anything so fucking ridiculous and divisive? Kids being sent to a different school based on the delusion of their parents? What do the Government think that's going to achieve?

I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened in Birmingham yet, but then again you don't shit on your own doorstep...

My friends online have stated that parts of Birmingham where on partial lock down for a time last night so they must have been preparing for something. :(

Hmmm not sure whether I should comment in this thread, but here goes. Bottom line is, we need to stop getting involved in wars which we cannot win. The turn of the 20th Century and the British left Afghanistan as it was impossible to control. The Russians got their backside handed to them on a plate there in the 1980's. Then after 9/11 we joined the US in taking on the Taliban. Look at the state of the place now. Only yesterday yet another massive suicide bomb in Kabul.

Then we get involved in Iraq, purely for the oil in 2003. Thus stirring up more hatred and venom directed towards us. 14 years on and Baghdad is not on Judith Chalmer's holiday wish list.

Then look at the Arab Spring, we have helped destroy Libya and thus made it become a cess pit breeding ground for ISIS. Egypt is really unstable and Syria, well enough said.

One person's terrorist is another's freedom figther. Same analogy could be used for the troubles and the Republicans and Loyalists in Ireland.

What has happened in Westminster, Manchester and now last night in London Bridge is a game changer. Because of our ( UK ) govt's foreign policy and war intervention over the past several decades, we are now seeing suicide attacks or people being mown down by a van. How on earth do you protect the public from that?

I have no answers. My heart just goes out to all the victims of these atrocities. The only comforting factor being is that the Manchester bomber's asshole ended about 100 feet from the rest of his body.

So sad seeing the scenes yet again being played out on television last night.

What I am concerned about though is the fact that these atrocities may empower the EDL wanker types. Which no doubt they will.

Like Webcaz i am probably a bit hesitant about my opinions on this however having served my country in the first Gulf War and then living and working in the middle east i have obviously come across the sad mentallity a lot of these people are fed through so called religious teachings.
We lived not too far from a mosque and every Friday you would hear the mad ramblings from the imam.
My Arabic would be pretty shite so i asked my landlord one day who was at my house drinking wine,yes most of them do participate in alcohol,gamble and have experienced gay activities ( all i am told is haram)Anyway he told me they were basically being told to hate all western ways.
Then 9/11 happened and the sadness i felt after people who i thought were decent after working with them for a few years were quite openly celebrating the death of thousands.But even more sad was the mentallity was it had been done by the jews.
It is still painful to see both the US and British governments do multi billion arm deals with the likes of Saudi Arabia because until that stops that country will be seen as one of the good guys.If they had no money or oil they would have been bombed to fuck by now.
Thankfully i left that world behind me but if you can get hold of a book or even google a fella who i knew well called Alexander Mitchell it might give you an insight to what has been going on for many many years.
For Theresa May to announce enough is enough this morning what the feck does she mean.She aint going to stop these cowardly bastards who have the minds of a pea.
Close all the mosques take a bit of freedom away from them after all no churches were allowed in Saudi Arabia.

Like Webcaz i am probably a bit hesitant about my opinions on this however having served my country in the first Gulf War and then living and working in the middle east i have obviously come across the sad mentallity a lot of these people are fed through so called religious teachings.
We lived not too far from a mosque and every Friday you would hear the mad ramblings from the imam.
My Arabic would be pretty shite so i asked my landlord one day who was at my house drinking wine,yes most of them do participate in alcohol,gamble and have experienced gay activities ( all i am told is haram)Anyway he told me they were basically being told to hate all western ways.
Then 9/11 happened and the sadness i felt after people who i thought were decent after working with them for a few years were quite openly celebrating the death of thousands.But even more sad was the mentallity was it had been done by the jews.
It is still painful to see both the US and British governments do multi billion arm deals with the likes of Saudi Arabia because until that stops that country will be seen as one of the good guys.If they had no money or oil they would have been bombed to fuck by now.
Thankfully i left that world behind me but if you can get hold of a book or even google a fella who i knew well called Alexander Mitchell it might give you an insight to what has been going on for many many years.
For Theresa May to announce enough is enough this morning what the feck does she mean.She aint going to stop these cowardly bastards who have the minds of a pea.
Close all the mosques take a bit of freedom away from them after all no churches were allowed in Saudi Arabia.
First off respect sir.
And I totally agree there freedom should be taken away, the tolerance we have had for Islam for many years has fuelled this whole sorry situation.
Look at Luton and Bradford, Birmingham to name a few, despite what the media says, they are genuine no go areas for non Muslims, we have welcomed them and there 'religion' into Britain with open arms that's what we do, we are welcoming people.
All it's done is divide communities and cause racial tensions even though Islam isn't a race.
People are living in fear now, solely down to this. It's no place at all in a western society. And multiculturalism doesn't work, nowhere in Europe has it or ever will.

First off respect sir.
And I totally agree there freedom should be taken away, the tolerance we have had for Islam for many years has fuelled this whole sorry situation.
Look at Luton and Bradford, Birmingham to name a few, despite what the media says, they are genuine no go areas for non Muslims, we have welcomed them and there 'religion' into Britain with open arms that's what we do, we are welcoming people.
All it's done is divide communities and cause racial tensions even though Islam isn't a race.
People are living in fear now, solely down to this. It's no place at all in a western society. And multiculturalism doesn't work, nowhere in Europe has it or ever will.

I wish to make it quite clear i am not anti muslim as i know these bad fish are a minority but the sad thing i wonder how long it will be before the western world does become anti muslim due to these cruel pigs.Find these so called leaders cut their beards off feed them bacon and then kill them on London Bridge in front of us just like these babaric people still do.

Sorry just venting my anger and do not wish to cause any upset to anyone who may be offended.

Hmmm not sure whether I should comment in this thread, but here goes. Bottom line is, we need to stop getting involved in wars which we cannot win. The turn of the 20th Century and the British left Afghanistan as it was impossible to control. The Russians got their backside handed to them on a plate there in the 1980's. Then after 9/11 we joined the US in taking on the Taliban. Look at the state of the place now. Only yesterday yet another massive suicide bomb in Kabul.

Then we get involved in Iraq, purely for the oil in 2003. Thus stirring up more hatred and venom directed towards us. 14 years on and Baghdad is not on Judith Chalmer's holiday wish list.

Then look at the Arab Spring, we have helped destroy Libya and thus made it become a cess pit breeding ground for ISIS. Egypt is really unstable and Syria, well enough said.

One person's terrorist is another's freedom figther. Same analogy could be used for the troubles and the Republicans and Loyalists in Ireland.

What has happened in Westminster, Manchester and now last night in London Bridge is a game changer. Because of our ( UK ) govt's foreign policy and war intervention over the past several decades, we are now seeing suicide attacks or people being mown down by a van. How on earth do you protect the public from that?

I have no answers. My heart just goes out to all the victims of these atrocities. The only comforting factor being is that the Manchester bomber's asshole ended about 100 feet from the rest of his body.

So sad seeing the scenes yet again being played out on television last night.

What I am concerned about though is the fact that these atrocities may empower the EDL wanker types. Which no doubt they will.

To be fair almost every country who ever tried to conquer Afghanistan got their arses handed to them even way back in the nineteenth century. I too have no answers on how to resolve the situation, frankly I don't think there is one.

Although historically the west can be blamed for a lot of the problems in the middle east I fear even if we weren't the west would be a target because hatemongers (radical Imans et al) always blame others for their problems and stir up that hatred among the people to gain power. This is how Hitler came to power after all.

These heinous acts are harming the Muslim population in Europe as a whole which will further alienate them and breed more extremists in the future. It's a vicious cycle that once started is hard to break. I don't hate Muslims and have Muslim friends but as somebody pointed out to me you don't see Budhists bombing, killing and maiming in Budhas name but every time you turn around there are crazy sobs committing acts of terror in Allah's name.

Well one way to beat it, is to have the media stop showing it. The same thing they did at baseball games. They used to show people who ran on the field and got chased down by security. Now if they do it, they wont show it or talk about it. They go to commercial or veer the camera's somewhere else and talk about stats until its dealt with. And guess what, its very rare people do it now.

The only reason these assholes keep doing it aside from their faith, is to have the worlds eye on them to try and gain any attention and provoke fear. Another thing they can try is stop letting them in your country and build safe zones and you cut off the internet from these countries like Trump suggested. This may help with the recruiting issue.

It wont stop it totally but I bet it would really decrease these crazy outlandish attacks since they prey on attention from the media.

Well one way to beat it, is to have the media stop showing it. The same thing they did at baseball games. They used to show people who ran on the field and got chased down by security. Now if they do it, they wont show it or talk about it. They go to commercial or veer the camera's somewhere else and talk about stats until its dealt with. And guess what, its very rare people do it now.

The only reason these assholes keep doing it aside from their faith, is to have the worlds eye on them to try and gain any attention and provoke fear.

I agree but how do you stop the social media. And how can you stop reporting it.

Hate is exhausting.

I agree but how do you stop the social media. And how can you stop reporting it.

Hate is exhausting.

You def will never be able to stop social media unless they do one of those big hashtag things that trends twitter where everyone gets together and agrees on things. Who knows maybe that trend will persuade people to not take pictures or film it. But I think if social media still did it, at least it wouldnt be plastered all over our tv's minute after minute hour after hour.

Stop reporting it would have to be a world wide agreement between news agencies.

Something smaller in scale happened last year. The media kept calling the leaders of attacks masterminds. Trump asked the media to stop calling them that, it raises them up. The entire media stopped using that word.

Its just a suggestion but I think it would be worth a shot...but now you have to convince the news not to show it. Good luck with that.

The only reason these assholes keep doing it aside from their faith, is to have the worlds eye on them to try and gain any attention and provoke fear. Another thing they can try is stop letting them in your country and build safe zones and you cut off the internet from these countries like Trump suggested. This may help with the recruiting issue.

It wont stop it totally but I bet it would really decrease these crazy outlandish attacks since they prey on attention from the media.

Excellent post, lovely girl.

If you want to beat your enemy, you'll have to put emotion's aside and try to get to know him and the intentions of his actions. What you mentioned in your post is indeed one of them.

This is his second goal .

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Causing panic in society .

Israelis are very good in dealing with it . Bcuz they grew up with war and they have learned how to deal with it. It's time to teach people to fight back. Not with their emotions, but with their common sense.
Good post. My compliment

Just had an Imam eschew these acts and state that it's up to the government to investigate mosques, all the while proclaiming the usual : "If you kill one human it is as if you've attacked all humanity", and also saying that kids are taught to be peaceful and respectful members of society.

Meanwhile, having distanced himself personally of any responsibility and that the attackers 'were not practising Muslims' (they attended mosques though.....just not practising), he made no bones about shifting the blame onto other Imams that are somehow invisible to the populace.

Most predictable responses as per usual, first to feel victimized and persecuted but never able to acknowledge any form of accountability within their communites, nevermind religion.

By all acounts these radicals become influenced by certain Imams and fellow recruiters but no one ever knows who they are. There is also a lot of confusion as to what is considered passionate rhetoric by certain speakers and brainwashed radicalization, such is their fervour.

Time to step up their community cohesion and find those 'hate preachers' hidden in plain sight, or they could continue to bury their head in the sand and label people racist and islamophobe.

It certainly has shown us that trying help these countries toward free reign is not appreciated. The fact is that the gulf war was fought to try to give the people of these region's some kind of freedom.

We failed by giving too much. By that I mean it appear's that many of these people can't get enough of our assistance when they want it. But when it stop's.And we say OK here are the tool's you must fight for your freedom's. They either run away or they blame the countries whom have tried to help for their woes.

This whole Islam issue is a part of the 1000,s of year's of holy war's against all whom have dared try to gain a foot hole in the respective countries.The US really had no business going back into Iraq after Desert Storm. Bush Jr. must have known that the people of Iraq had nothing to do with 911? But in we went and it cost ALL of us dearly.

That is when we started the whole hatred for the allies. They actually wanted us to fight their war and die for them with absolutely no respect for us as a people.The Iraq's have shown time and time again that they are coward's and that without leadership they are a wandering tribe of confusion.

Syria and Afghanistan both already had the making's of the Islamic state in them.They are taught and told that we are the enemy of Islam. It is embedded in them from the time they are born.Come on why are we even trying to understand what we already know.

We know that ISIS only thought's are to kill ALL of us. That is the goal and that is what they are trying to do.These attack's will continue until we either stop them in their track's and eliminate all of them before they do it to us.It truly is just that simply.

Having been a soldier and fought in a war of attrition. That is the only way to win. This whole idea of we are to blame is total horse sh-t.They already hated us long before the gulf war. The UK know's what the hatred of these people is like.They ruled most of this entire region for "how many year's?"

The idea of peace and love is lost on these group's. Hate is their religion and the reason they fight. We are the object's in their way.They honestly do believe that Allah has told them of ruling the world and eliminating the non-believer's.

Soldier's don't hate their enemies. They fight them.Hate get's in the way.

Each of us has the right to think and believe as we wish. Could we for a moment do it if ISIS was in control? I think a resounding NO is in order!Peace out! (And I really do mean it)Out Of The Mist! shewoff

Glad you mentioned dissidents, check out the video below. I've been living on the border since early 2000's and attended Derry march many times. It's always been young lads causing trouble, brainwashed hoodlums. They need to blame somebody for their failures and believe me, you only need one old-timer down the pub to fill their heads with nonsense.

Same applies here. These are radicalized young men. They were not this way, somebody got in their heads. That's why I believe we need to take a strong stance against hate preachers. You'd probably serve a few months for walking into Tesco's in SS uniform but for preaching hate and asking lads to kill the nonbelievers, you'd only be put on the radar and monitored for a few weeks until they decide to shift resources elsewhere?

(By the way, if anyone wants to watch Four Lions, highly recommended. It's a comedy, but the ending is a gut punch and the ending is probably not far from the truth.)

Last edited by a moderator:
All this makes me so sad….

And the worst part is that I don’t see any solution, anything getting better, anytime soon.
Things only get worse, every “solution” politicians try makes things worst. :(

The only way to stop hate is properly educate everybody and give a quality life to everybody (like in the Star Trek). Do you see that happening? Not even in US or EU, not for everybody. By the way, you need the internet to properly educate, otherwise one only gets exposed to propaganda. In 1000 years from now, maybe we will get there, or we (humans) won’t be around that long.

I have given it some thought, what I would do if I had one wish. I think that would be to make it so if one is going to hurt someone, cause pain intentionally, then he/she will feel that pain in advance and 10 times more! ;)

All this makes me so sad….

And the worst part is that I don’t see any solution, anything getting better, anytime soon.
Things only get worse, every “solution” politicians try makes things worst. :(

The only way to stop hate is properly educate everybody and give a quality life to everybody (like in the Star Trek). Do you see that happening? Not even in US or EU, not for everybody. By the way, you need the internet to properly educate, otherwise one only gets exposed to propaganda. In 1000 years from now, maybe we will get there, or we (humans) won’t be around that long.

I have given it some thought, what I would do if I had one wish. I think that would be to make it so if one is going to hurt someone, cause pain intentionally, then he/she will feel that pain in advance and 10 times more! ;)

I wouldn't use the internet as an educational tool, far better for people (especially this generation) to maybe pick up a book or two - preferably without pictures - and to stay away from their social media echo chambers :cool:

I wouldn't use the internet as an educational tool, far better for people (especially this generation) to maybe pick up a book or two - preferably without pictures - and to stay away from their social media echo chambers :cool:

Well, they can find 1000 books in one page, 1000 words in one picture and I learn tons of things from my friends posts on fb, so....... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back