Lauriejim

So very sorry to hear this news... Although sorry is never a worthy enough word in cases such as this... You will all be in my thoughts.

I am soooo sorry to hear this and I cant imagine what u are going through right now. I am sending u a virtual hug and hopw u know, that even if we do not "know" eachother, u can always pm me if u wanna talk!!!

BIG HUG!

it is my understanding that Laurie is gonna have to move in with her Mom an will not have internet for a good 2 weeks or so

she is Thankful for ALL the comments

Cindy

Was Jim related to the Wizard of Odds guy? Seems they have the same last name.

talked to her tonight the funeral went well military honors she recieved the flag played taps she is coping but its hard as she doesnt know what her future holds

but she says all you can do is one day at a time she Thanks You All for your thoughts prayers and concern

No Jim was not related to the Wizard of Odds Guy ((( she says she wish's lol you gave her a good laugh))) 1st laugh in many days

Cindy

I just came in to collect some things for me and my daughter and wanted to thank each of you for your kind words. Im dealing, its one of the hardest things i have ever had to deal with but I will do what I can as I can do it.

Nothing ever prepares you to kiss your loved one good morning and 3 hours later lose that person, Please always tell your loved one you love them daily and never take your time on this earth for granted.

Thank you again for the lovely comments and thought and prayers and the memory book online, thanks swede, cyn, cindy, nash and jod.

Always,

Mrs Jim Shackelford and family ( lauriejim )

I just spoke with Laurie. While we've never meet in person, we've known each other online for a while now, and these bonds can be very real, despite the 'virtual' status of our relationship.

She is a great woman, and someone I'm glad to know, someone I'd be proud to call a friend.

My condolances and thoughs are with her and her daughter.

Her words to always show my love to the people I care about remind me of how short and fragile our existance is. I'm so glad Jim told Laurie how he loved her just before he passed away.

It reminds me to always express my feelings to those I love, so that when people I know do pass away, or when I myself stop living, the last kind words are directed to the people that deserved them most.

Kind Regards,
Nicolas

OMG! My dear, dear Laurie I am so sorry to hear of Jim's passing :( I'm thankful to have had the opportunity to speak with Jim on the phone and can honestly say he was a caring, wonderful man.
Every time I watch NASCAR I chuckle to myself remembering the comments he made about my fav driver.
I am so shocked and saddened at the moment and wish I could be there to give you a big hug. I know you will find strength in your family to get through this and you have many a friends who are always here for you.
My deepest sympathy go out to you and all the family. Know you are loved and in my thoughts and prayers.

I just saw this post today. My sincerest condolonces to you. You never know what joys are heartaches tomorrow will bring. Cherish the ones you love today.

I am praying for you and your family Laurie, I am so so sorry for your loss, may God bless you and your family at this very sad time in your life.

MISS ME-BUT LET ME GO
When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no rites in a gloom filled room
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little-but not too long
And not with your head bowed low
remember the love that we once shared
Miss me-but let me go

For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone
It's all a part of the Master's plan
A step on the road to home

When you are lonely and sick at heart
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds
Miss me-but let me go

God Bless

pevangel

I am praying for you and your family Laurie, I am so so sorry for your loss, may God bless you and your family at this very sad time in your life.

MISS ME-BUT LET ME GO
When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no rites in a gloom filled room
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little-but not too long
And not with your head bowed low
remember the love that we once shared
Miss me-but let me go

For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone
It's all a part of the Master's plan
A step on the road to home

When you are lonely and sick at heart
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds
Miss me-but let me go

God Bless

pevangel

Absolutely beautiful pevangel. Brang a tear to my eye

Laurie,
I just found out today about your husband..I send you lots of love and good energy...When you mentioned in your post about kissing him goodbye and then 3 hours later he had passed, it sent a shiver through me. My son was 11 years old and I kissed him goodbye in the morning and several hours later he was killed by a speeding driver..It is such a difficult journey to deal with the lose of a love one..I know you have a lot of people that care about you.. Make sure you lean on them...Feel free to pm me.. I will always be here to help...

im sorry for your loss. im late saying this as i have just read this. ive seen a lot of death. sometimes more than one person should have to see. i know there are no words that can mend the heart. and that time and god is the only healer. i know your heart is heavy. keep in touch with friends and keep your mind occupied.

Laurie, echoing the sentiments of others as I send my condolences and support. I am so very sorry for your loss, so sudden and so sad. Take care of yourself and allow those who want to offer support, to help you along in the days and weeks ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back