Latest Ladbrokes Bull

Deeplay

New World Order
webmeister
CAG
mm1
Joined
Aug 27, 2008
Location
The biG Eu
Have not played at Ladbrokes casino since removing them a few weeks ago but still get the odd email. Latest promo is get £30 bonus (deposit £25 get £25 plus a £5 free sports bet)

Read the terms usual crap of 20 times playthrough for neteller and moneybookers account before you even get the bonus credited. But then this :

21. Customers found to be abusing the spirit of any Ladbrokes promotion may have their accounts suspended.


It was my understanding from the last CM webcast that ladbrokes had removed this term ? I have no idea why this casino is still on the accredited list with terms like this (including the extra 20xs playthrough to get the bonus for neteller /moneybooker deposit)

Comments welcome.
 

rainmaker

I'm not a penguin
webmeister
CAG
Joined
Dec 28, 2010
Location
-
I also got the understanding that Ladbrokes had removed "in the spirit" BS after seeing the CM webcast. But no, they have not.



I wrote this in the other Ladbrokes thread (couple of days ago)

I thought that Ladbrokes would stop using "in the spirit of the bonus (ref: webcast- 3 march). But I see that they still use it in the £25 free promotion.

Now they use it in realtion to the turnover requirement
.
 

hussainyes

Dormant account
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Location
uk
hello every one

you r right ladbrokes is full of bull they just money grabbers not the same ladbrokes they not bother about there regular players you cant win any more you never get xmas and birth day bonus, they new mission is bring in new players and fck the old player
 

petro

Dormant account, per user request
PABaccred
PABnoaccred2
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Location
Narnia
I read through their sign up bonus T&C just a few days ago.
It mentioned nothing about spirit of the bonus in there.

Their usual promos might...
 

Deeplay

New World Order
webmeister
CAG
mm1
Joined
Aug 27, 2008
Location
The biG Eu
I read through their sign up bonus T&C just a few days ago.
It mentioned nothing about spirit of the bonus in there.

Their usual promos might...

Well maybe but terms for this "bonus offer" as of 9th March 18.48pm are below :

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

scroll down to point 21.

Edit: just to note : if you do abuse the "spirit of a ladbrokes casino promotion" not only will you likly not get paid they will also suspend your account ... lol .. yep right all for A £25 bonus (after 20xs playthrough for lowly neteller and moneybooker account deposits!) > strange I had to go through multiple security checks to get my neteller account authorised but hey thats old news as far as Ladbrokes as concerned.

As I have said before because of the size of the Ladbrokes outfit they care not about players or what is said about them. Still its a personal good feeling knowing my hard earned £££ is deposited elsewhere.
 

Rhyzz

Full Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2008
Location
United Kingdom
As I have said before because of the size of the Ladbrokes outfit they care not about players or what is said about them. Still its a personal good feeling knowing my hard earned £££ is deposited elsewhere.

Contrary to popular belief, this is the 'bull' that you speak of. These operations wouldn't be in business if they relied solely on the business from high staking players. They need the 'bread and butter' players to generate steady turnover and keep that house edge. One player can cause serious damage to profits just as they can improve them.

I don't agree with the term though. If they have a problem with specific playing patterns they should detail them. This is a tactic used to deter bonus hunters, but it just effects those of us who are savvy enough to understand that bonuses effect house edge dramatically, meaning we can turn a profit if we play sensibly.

Bad karma for Ladbrokes but what can you do, it's their choice how to run their business. Just don't play there, it's that simple.
 

onlineprime08

Dormant account
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Location
USA
Contrary to popular belief, this is the 'bull' that you speak of. These operations wouldn't be in business if they relied solely on the business from high staking players. They need the 'bread and butter' players to generate steady turnover and keep that house edge. One player can cause serious damage to profits just as they can improve them.

I don't agree with the term though. If they have a problem with specific playing patterns they should detail them. This is a tactic used to deter bonus hunters, but it just effects those of us who are savvy enough to understand that bonuses effect house edge dramatically, meaning we can turn a profit if we play sensibly.

Bad karma for Ladbrokes but what can you do, it's their choice how to run their business. Just don't play there, it's that simple.

Yeah right. I thought before that Ladbroke is a great one to play into. But as I have searched about them, they kinda change a lot now. What happened? Why are they like this now?
 

petro

Dormant account, per user request
PABaccred
PABnoaccred2
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Location
Narnia
These operations wouldn't be in business if they relied solely on the business from high staking players.
I have been told by a casino manager that 95% of the profit his casino takes in comes from low rollers. The other 5% being from high rollers.

But I suppose there may be rare exceptions to this when high rollers do make up more of a casino's hold (profit.)

What happened? Why are they like this now?
I may have mentioned this in another thread but casinos with sportsbooks make gross amounts of money and I believe because of this they have a tendency to become bull headed.

It's just like becoming a rich snob. :cool:
 

dazlazz

Registered
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Location
London, UK
I notice the Ladbrokes rep hasnt been on the forum for 10 days, so unlikely to have seen the latest "spirit" threads - my understanding is that Ladbrokes has gone through a major management change in its igaming sector - hopefully for the better - lets see if its a good change.
 

chayton

aka LooHoo
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Location
Edmonton Canada
I have been told by a casino manager that 95% of the profit his casino takes in comes from low rollers. The other 5% being from high rollers.

That is interesting - 95% of PROFIT from lowrollers. I'd take that to mean that highrollers win and cash out more, no? I mean obviously someone who's playing a dollar a line gets paid more than someone who's betting a penny a line. Maybe I'd better start highrolling...can anyone loan me a couple hundred grand?
 

Rhyzz

Full Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2008
Location
United Kingdom
That is interesting - 95% of PROFIT from lowrollers. I'd take that to mean that highrollers win and cash out more, no? I mean obviously someone who's playing a dollar a line gets paid more than someone who's betting a penny a line. Maybe I'd better start highrolling...can anyone loan me a couple hundred grand?

There is actually some truth in there, in that payout percentages often increase slightly on slot machines if you 'max bet' - purely down to coin multiplier I believe.

95% from low rollers seems high to me but like I said, these companies need the smaller players, so to ignore them and try to deter them from playing wouldn't make sense!
 

rainmaker

I'm not a penguin
webmeister
CAG
Joined
Dec 28, 2010
Location
-
Hello chayton, petro and Rhyzz :)

This is from the Ladbrokes Preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2010




Net revenue (excl. High Rollers) £ 976.6M
Net revenue from High Rollers £ 3.5M
Net revenue £ 980.1M

Operating profit(1) (2) (excl. High Rollers) £ 202.3M
Operating profit(1) (2) from High Rollers £ 5.0M
Operating profit(1)(2) £ 207.3M


1) Profit before tax, finance costs and non-trading items.
(2) Before non-trading items and discontinued operations. Non-trading items are profits or losses on disposal or impairment of non-current assets or businesses, unrealised gains and losses on derivative financial instruments, business restructuring costs and litigation and transaction costs
 
Last edited:

Jasminebed

Game old gal
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Location
Ontario
It would be interesting to know how casinos classify high rollers vs others.

Deposits? Total Losses? Total Rollover, average betsize?

Who's a high roller may vary from casino to casino as well.

I'm pretty sure that there are many many more low rollers than high rollers. Also, if you are depositing $20-$50 at a time, you are not probably cashing out at under $100. Whereas a player that deposits $1000 may very well be satisfied with doubling their money.
 

petro

Dormant account, per user request
PABaccred
PABnoaccred2
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Location
Narnia
Landbased casinos classify high rollers on how much they wager in a certain timeframe.

It changes from casino to casino but its somewhere from 50k upwards for most.
 
Top