Labour MP's resign from the party

Not sure where you live trance but many in sheffield/burton on trent/derby (just the ones i know well) might disagree with you. The argument seems to always come down to "sure they put in more than they take out" but thats not the whole picture, the UK simply does not have the infrastructure to deal with whats been going on regardless if there is even a "gross profit" something which i'm not sure of. What i am sure of is if i have a b+b with 10 rooms that charges £50 a night its no good having 100 guests even if their willing to pay £75 the place will still end up in a mess. Controlled immigration based on merit absolutely no issue with but a very strong caveat that those coming here accept our way of life and integrate. Try going to China,UAE etc etc and imposing your way of life on them and see how far you get

I live 15 minutes from Burton... ;)

I Don't believe that polish people have come here and refused to integrate. In fact, most eatern Europeans I've met and that have worked for me are hard working and have a great work ethic.

Immigrants don't steal jobs... it's just that English people don't want to do them. It's a supply and demand world... it's not immigrants that have reduced wages per se.

If an immigrant who can barely speak English can steal your job, how shit must you be at it ;)

Anyway, I must add that I'm all for controlled immigration and against uncontrolled immigration, but if you think leaving the EU w will change wages and give British jobs back, I think you'll probably end up disappointed.

To be fair, every company needs a good 'ol sociopath to lead them to prosperous times.;)

On the plus side: could see D:Ream get back in the charts
Do you know how much money Peter Cunnah has lost since Labour used that song, it was a regular radio song until they used it now it's barely played as it's political I read once he regretted them using it.

I live 15 minutes from Burton... ;)

I Don't believe that polish people have come here and refused to integrate. In fact, most eatern Europeans I've met and that have worked for me are hard working and have a great work ethic.

Immigrants don't steal jobs... it's just that English people don't want to do them. It's a supply and demand world... it's not immigrants that have reduced wages per se.

If an immigrant who can barely speak English can steal your job, how shit must you be at it ;)

Anyway, I must add that I'm all for controlled immigration and against uncontrolled immigration, but if you think leaving the EU w will change wages and give British jobs back, I think you'll probably end up disappointed.[/QUO
i never said they “steal” jobs and the English do indeed have an issue in going out to work for minimum wage (we had a factory up the road from you in Swadlincote a relatively deprived area and they weren’t knocking the door down looking work of which there was plenty)
My issue is the open door policy welcoming all comers regardless of merit or numbers that’s my objection . We haven’t been able to get our own country in order for years now ,deal with our own schools /hospitals etc and welfare is killing us in cost and attitude. And we put far too much store in accommodating other peoples “way of life” if it was so great they maybe should of stayed where they were but come to us and you abide by the law of our land and we don’t need to be changing it to suit anybody

i never said they “steal” jobs and the English do indeed have an issue in going out to work for minimum wage (we had a factory up the road from you in Swadlincote a relatively deprived area and they weren’t knocking the door down looking work of which there was plenty)
My issue is the open door policy welcoming all comers regardless of merit or numbers that’s my objection . We haven’t been able to get our own country in order for years now ,deal with our own schools /hospitals etc and welfare is killing us in cost and attitude. And we put far too much store in accommodating other peoples “way of life” if it was so great they maybe should of stayed where they were but come to us and you abide by the law of our land and we don’t need to be changing it to suit anybody[/QUOTE]

So they now collectively have more seats than the Lib Dems.

By-elections should be triggered immediately in my opinion as soon as somebody defects.

How is that serving the constituents that elected them?

My issue is the open door policy welcoming all comers regardless of merit or numbers that’s my objection . We haven’t been able to get our own country in order for years now ,deal with our own schools /hospitals etc and welfare is killing us in cost and attitude. And we put far too much store in accommodating other peoples “way of life” if it was so great they maybe should of stayed where they were but come to us and you abide by the law of our land and we don’t need to be changing it to suit anybody
[/QUOTE]

Plenty of people do say they steal jobs though, and a lot of people up here voted leave to 'stop them all coming over here and stealing our jobs', something I heard numerous times, saw on facebook etc. Never mind that certain businesses struggle to fill jobs, the hospital certainly seems to have a higher number of low level nurses, cleaners etc that are not UK born, and are always advertising for staff (thats not based on any facts, just observations). I was watching something about fruit picking down south and they were saying it was impossible to get UK white people to take the jobs, they had to rely on foreign workers or they would go out of business as the fruit wouldn't get picked.
I do agree with most your post, I was born in Southall, and when I started school there was so high a proportion of non English speaking kids, we moved away as my education was suffering, to the extent, when I started school up here 2.5 years later, I was 2 years behind the other kids. That was due to the school I started at having to spend so much time teaching English!

Plenty of people do say they steal jobs though, and a lot of people up here voted leave to 'stop them all coming over here and stealing our jobs', something I heard numerous times, saw on facebook etc. Never mind that certain businesses struggle to fill jobs, the hospital certainly seems to have a higher number of low level nurses, cleaners etc that are not UK born, and are always advertising for staff (thats not based on any facts, just observations). I was watching something about fruit picking down south and they were saying it was impossible to get UK white people to take the jobs, they had to rely on foreign workers or they would go out of business as the fruit wouldn't get picked.
I do agree with most your post, I was born in Southall, and when I started school there was so high a proportion of non English speaking kids, we moved away as my education was suffering, to the extent, when I started school up here 2.5 years later, I was 2 years behind the other kids. That was due to the school I started at having to spend so much time teaching English![/QUOTE]
But when we leave the EU we will decide who and in what numbers we let in, should we decide to still have a free for all we can decide to. Its all smoke and mirrors IMO anyway we pay for something we don't need that we should never have gotten so deeply sucked into.

But when we leave the EU we will decide who and in what numbers we let in, should we decide to still have a free for all we can decide to. Its all smoke and mirrors IMO anyway we pay for something we don't need that we should never have gotten so deeply sucked into.

If we want to trade properly with the EU it's pretty much guaranteed we will have to have the same open door policy as we have now.

They have a worse immigration problem than the UK don't they (from memory)? Sure I read somewhere about 25% of residents were actually from other countries.

What I meant was that Switzerland as a country is doing just fine without being bound by European laws, interference etc. It suggests that a country can stand on its own two feet just fine.

What I meant was that Switzerland as a country is doing just fine without being bound by European laws, interference etc. It suggests that a country can stand on its own two feet just fine.
Yes the UK certainly can (as can the rest of europe when we "help them")

But they do, its not compulsory but if they want free trade with the EU they have to accept some of their rules, such as free movement etc.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Bear in my my comments was a reply to one stating we will have control over who we let into the country after Brexit, theres no evidence that that is correct, in fact the evidence of previous deals show that it is wrong.

But they do, its not compulsory but if they want free trade with the EU they have to accept some of their rules, such as free movement etc.

Bear in my my comments was a reply to one stating we will have control over who we let into the country after Brexit, theres no evidence that that is correct, in fact the evidence of previous deals show that it is wrong.

Nope. May's deal (backstop aside) means EU citizens won't have unfettered access to the UK any more, and may only be brought in by employers via minimum standard job offers. Norway is nothing like the May deal. If you check the deal out, we still have free trade but will no longer be required to have open borders, a customs union or abide by ECHR rulings. Yes, there is an exit payment financial cost. Unmetered EU migration is NOT a requirement for free UK-EU market access. In fact there are only 35 words in the May deal, which essentially leave the free migration to be decided by the UK according to our specific needs. Our deal is not like Norway's or Switzerland's.

Last edited:
Brexit has turned out to be a cataclysmic car crash of epic proportions, with both Labour and the Tories showing that they could not run a p up in a brewery. This new independent group could well be a breath of fresh air.

Regardless how I voted back in 2016, I will be getting Irish passports for my family, thanks due to my mum being Irish.

Compare residency for EU nationals in Switzerland:

against EU nationals in the UK:

It appears to be conditional -v- unconditional

Yes, the UK is worded as if we are still in the EU, but is obviously subject to the events of Brexit. This is naturally going to have conditions added etc. when the deal is settled.

Nope. May's deal (backstop aside) means EU citizens won't have unfettered access to the UK any more, and may only be brought in by employers via minimum standard job offers. Norway is nothing like the May deal. If you check the deal out, we still have free trade but will no longer be required to have open borders, a customs union or abide by ECHR rulings. Yes, there is an exit payment financial cost. Unmetered EU migration is NOT a requirement for free UK-EU market access. In fact there are only 35 words in the May deal, which essentially leave the free migration to be decided by the UK according to our specific needs. Our deal is not like Norway's or Switzerland's.

Ah right, when was that deal accepted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back