Labour MP's resign from the party

steveh35

Dormant Account
Chris Leslie claims the party has been hijacked from far left and the group of MP's will now be independent MP's in the house of commons.

Luciana Berger
Gavin Shuker
Chuka Umunna
Ann Coffey
Mike Gapes
Angela Smith
Chris Leslie

Leslie says there is an 'appalling culture' of closing down debate in Labour - on and offline - on antisemitism. "Enough is enough, there must be a better way forward, and there can be a better way forward," he conclude

Leslie accuses Corbyn of acting in 'betrayal' on Europe by enabling Brexit and holding back from allowing the public a final say

I honestly don’t understand why posts like this are needed on this forum ... most people go through the news in the morning anyway ....

Leslie says there is an 'appalling culture' of closing down debate in Labour - on and offline - on antisemitism. "Enough is enough, there must be a better way forward, and there can be a better way forward," he conclude

Leslie accuses Corbyn of acting in 'betrayal' on Europe by enabling Brexit and holding back from allowing the public a final say

Well, you can't blame him for that - we had a democratic referendum and the result was LEAVE in case any MP forgets.

It's their duty to carry out the instruction of the voters. No second referendum, backtracking or betrayal.

The virulent anti-Semitism within their party is another matter.

I honestly don’t understand why posts like this are needed on this forum ... most people go through the news in the morning anyway ....

Political debate...

More of a point of discussion and not an announcement of the news...

Well this is not good for the Labour party at all :p

I will say this though. I am not a fan of the conservatives, nor am I a fan of the Labour party. But as this whole Brexit mess has still not been sorted out and the clock is ticking to 29th march. Labour pretty much was and is our only hope.

I was a lib dems voter and supporter. One thing for sure is Maybot really is ruining this country, just like thatcher did. What these 7 resignations will do is just make it much harder now for Corbyn and Labour if there is another Snap GE this year at some point. As Labour will then be 7 MP's short. But saying that. They will probably try and replace them with some left Labour MP's in those 7 constituents at the next GE. So they will obviously stand against the Independent ex Labour MP's in each of those 7 constituents. But that being said, will those 7 Left Labour MP's be able to actual win those seats is totally another question. I doubt it. As voters usually vote back in the same MP's multiple times unless they are marginal seats or seats that risk or are on the brink of becoming a swing to a different party.

One thing for sure is Maybot really is ruining this country, just like thatcher did.

to be fair I never agreed with her on everything, closing all the mining pits / miners strike etc.. but she had something about her, formidable.

edit: appointing Sir Jimmy Savile as head of a taskforce overseeing Broadmoor hospital in 1988 was also a bit of an error of her government too :rolleyes:

Last edited:
LOL...people need to remember why Thatcher was elected - the 1970's Marxist dinosaurs like Corbyn had turned us into a third world country nearly. She grated on me many a time but I still think she was the best PM we had in 60 years. The rise in prosperity and wealth we enjoy today with the 5th. biggest world economy began with her reforms. I know many will disagree but if you was a child in the 1970's you'd remember the decay, inefficiency and hopelessness that prevailed before she was elected. Sure, there were tough times at the start. She dragged this country, kicking and screaming, back into the real world.

Probably was helped re the miners strike by the fact that Scargill thought springtime, you know when demand for coal was high:rolleyes:, was the ideal time to start :p

Irrelevant - we could import it for nearly half the price from Australian open-cast mines and use the military to distribute it bypassing the Unions, whatever time of year.

Well, you can't blame him for that - we had a democratic referendum and the result was LEAVE in case any MP forgets.

It's their duty to carry out the instruction of the voters. No second referendum, backtracking or betrayal.

this.

maybe they should have claimed they have evidence that Britain would almost definitely see an the appearance in privately owned WMD's during the first vote, if they wanted people to vote stay in the Eu and to persuade the original vote to go the way they wanted.
Much like the invasion of iraq which persauded many people to agree to send their loved ones to go and risk their life while the tax payer pays for it..
Can always just say sorry for lying afterwards, which would make everything ok.

This being dragged on and put on hold time and time again for so long has been ridiculous, borderline traitorous behaviour, resulting in letting continue what i beleive was the main reason for which the majority vote for Britain wanting "out" was actually aimed towards in the first place.

edit. i mean, isn't it convenient that many videos on twitter from people on the ground (while tweets from celebrities, and other pro left people were calling to ruin the lives of some kid in america for wearing a MAGA hat, disgusting tweets that didnt get accounts shut down, when the truth came out the media is lying again, but them quickly deleting the tweets thhemselves), isnt it convenient that these videos get deleted and accountd closed, after what has been happening in France for weeks is not really getting reported on at the same time.
many people wanting to no longer be controlled by the EU and and their Macron puppet, chanting for the removal of him protesting in hundreds of thousands.
imagine people seeing that on a regular basis, wouldn't want that to influence the decision of the British people now would we.

Last edited:

See I disagree with that, I disagree with the vote to start with. People didn't know what they were voting for, and many still don't have a clue what they are talking about. Half the people on the news at the time were going on about needing to leave to stop the immigration problem, which leaving won't solve whatsoever unless we don't want to trade with the EU, or because the EU has done nothing for them, despite working at a factory (Nissan up here for example) that is only here due to us being in the EU and because of EU grants.

Should never have put the future of the country in the hands of stupid people who have no real idea of what they are voting for. The main leave campaigners have all ran away now that it's actually becoming a reality, and the ones that are left have no idea at all how to sort things out.

They should either say we are staying, or have another vote based on the facts that we know them to be, rather than what was said 2 years ago by both sides, and has turned out to be completely wrong.

I don't have a problem with leaving, but May has made a complete cluster fuck of it from start to finish, and to leave with either no deal or a shit deal is not going to do the country any good at all.

Do agree with your comments about Thatcher though, and thats coming from a family of miners and shipyard workers who were all deeply affected while the miners strike was ongoing.

Should never have put the future of the country in the hands of stupid people who have no real idea of what they are voting for

This swings both ways though, those voting remain have no idea what new laws the EU would bring in next year or whenever, [And on that logic you'd also need to abolish general elections] and the EU grants are just money we've given to the EU recycled back, but with them deciding where the grants go instead of our elected mp's/government.

The original plan of a free trade block with some protectionism from cheap outside products in order to protect jobs in europe etc... was a reasonable idea, but it has just mushroomed from there, now they are looking at having a EU army, then it will be an EU police force, and all the decisions made by unelected bureaucrats who we have no control over.

On top of that anyone can just settle here, criminals etc.., anybody who had an eu passport, we're already an overcrowded island with housing shortages and stretched services, education, health etc..

Totally agree though that mrs May has ballsed it up, whether that was deliberate as she was a remainer, who knows...

Last edited:
See I disagree with that, I disagree with the vote to start with. People didn't know what they were voting for, and many still don't have a clue what they are talking about. Half the people on the news at the time were going on about needing to leave to stop the immigration problem, which leaving won't solve whatsoever unless we don't want to trade with the EU, or because the EU has done nothing for them, despite working at a factory (Nissan up here for example) that is only here due to us being in the EU and because of EU grants.

Should never have put the future of the country in the hands of stupid people who have no real idea of what they are voting for. The main leave campaigners have all ran away now that it's actually becoming a reality, and the ones that are left have no idea at all how to sort things out.

They should either say we are staying, or have another vote based on the facts that we know them to be, rather than what was said 2 years ago by both sides, and has turned out to be completely wrong.

I don't have a problem with leaving, but May has made a complete cluster fuck of it from start to finish, and to leave with either no deal or a shit deal is not going to do the country any good at all.

Do agree with your comments about Thatcher though, and thats coming from a family of miners and shipyard workers who were all deeply affected while the miners strike was ongoing.

Wahey! Anyone else here one of the 'stupid' 17,411,000 people who voted to leave?

Wahey! Anyone else here one of the 'stupid' 17,411,000 people who voted to leave?

I didn't say everyone who voted to leave was stupid, but thanks for confirming you were one of the stupid ones :) I also didn't say 'leavers' were the stupid ones either, guilty conscience?
Out of interest then, what were your reasons for leaving, clearly you had all the facts of what leaving meant before you voted?

Already the £ has lost value, thousands of jobs have been affected, we are being told everything from fish fingers to porsche cars will increase in price when we leave. How will all that be overcome?

It was probably that arrogant assertion of stupid people that increased the turnout for the Leave. :rolleyes:

Fact is the Remain campaign (of which I am one)were so inept they struggled to rebute any of it.

That is exactly right, both sides lied and were inept at what they were doing. Not a single person who voted had any facts of what might happen, and I don't think anyone expected a 'no deal' brexit to be a very real possibility. Some of the things the leave campaign were coming out with at the time were so ridiculous they would have been extremely easy to refute, but time and time again, those running the remain campaign let it go, wallowing in the self belief that they would never lose the vote. That went well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back