Kid Wins Spanish Lottery

Nicola

Closed Account
Cosmin-Rotariu-Gordo-Nin-o-87a99.jpg

A 15 year old student from Barcelona won €200,000 on the countries El Niño lottery at the weekend and the next day decided to call his own press conference in the local town and show off his ticket to his class mates!

By going public (what a tool!) he now runs the risk of losing the prize and the lottery operator could be fined millions by the government for allowing underage players. The age for lottery tickets in Spain is 18.

At the impromptu press conference, he said he won €20 in a lottery draw the previous weekend enabling him to buy the winning ticket.

Hours later, he posed for photos outside the lottery headquarters with the winning ticket in his mouth :oops:

Cosmin-Rotariu-Gordo-Nin-o-87a98.jpg

Looks like the nerdy kid out of that US TV series I used to like 'The Wonder Years' (you know, the one which had Joe Cocker's 'Get by with a little help from my friends' as the intro music.)

Looks like the nerdy kid out of that US TV series I used to like 'The Wonder Years' (you know, the one which had Joe Cocker's 'Get by with a little help from my friends' as the intro music.)

Ah Man... Memories

Not really smart to go in public before he actually got the money. I hope he still gets his money and his parents are smart enough to work this out.

I do not like the fact they could take his winning, this is nothing anybody deserves - a hard experience which of course is a "lesson" but the damage they can do in a psychical way is extreme.

Not really smart to go in public before he actually got the money. I hope he still gets his money and his parents are smart enough to work this out.

Guess parents have something to say him if it turns up that winnings are voided, they might be assumed to get some "little" gift or pocket money from boy

There is a good reason that underage gambling is illegal, and I hope they do the right thing and void his ticket, refund his stake, that will give a clear insight to other underage gamblers and show that the consequences of breaking the law can be very unpleasant.

We all know how it can end for people that have a big win with gambling early on, an addict in the making, that's if he isn't already, going on the fact he had already admitted spending money from the winnings from the previous weekend on the ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back