Just another person who's going to quit gambling :)

jimboy12345

Non-Gambler
Hello

Im new to the forum and to be totally honest I am writing this post purely for my own reasons. Ive been gambling for a year now, started off with football betting like all my mates were and gradually got hooked on online slots, add in a few bereavements and I have now found myself a few thousand down, out of shape and gambling daily from boredom. I remember talking to someone a few years ago who was a big gambler and saying I cannot understand why anybody would want to gamble their hard earned money, little did I know at the time that gambling for me would become purely chasing the rush and 9/10 times not about the money. Im starting University this September and luckily still have some money left to take with me but I have decided from this point onwards that I will no longer gamble and enjoy other things in life again. I have total respect for gamblers who set themselves limits and no when to quit but unfortunately I have come to realise Im not one of this people. Like I said this post was purely for myself and the fact that I have wrote it down on a public forum; I feel I will no be able to go through with this, get back in shape and appreciate the real value of money again.

aceking123

PABnononaccred
CAG
MM
Hello

Im new to the forum and to be totally honest I am writing this post purely for my own reasons. Ive been gambling for a year now, started off with football betting like all my mates were and gradually got hooked on online slots, add in a few bereavements and I have now found myself a few thousand down, out of shape and gambling daily from boredom. I remember talking to someone a few years ago who was a big gambler and saying I cannot understand why anybody would want to gamble their hard earned money, little did I know at the time that gambling for me would become purely chasing the rush and 9/10 times not about the money. Im starting University this September and luckily still have some money left to take with me but I have decided from this point onwards that I will no longer gamble and enjoy other things in life again. I have total respect for gamblers who set themselves limits and no when to quit but unfortunately I have come to realise Im not one of this people. Like I said this post was purely for myself and the fact that I have wrote it down on a public forum; I feel I will no be able to go through with this, get back in shape and appreciate the real value of money again.
welcome to the forum & good to see youve seen the problem & what goes with it , limits are everyones key never spend more than you can afford its one of the golden rules , i hope you find a better hobby other than this one , good luck at uni :thumbsup: hope things work out for you)

jimboy12345

Non-Gambler
welcome to the forum & good to see youve seen the problem & what goes with it , limits are everyones key never spend more than you can afford its one of the golden rules , i hope you find a better hobby other than this one , good luck at uni :thumbsup: hope things work out for you)
Thankyou appreciate that, wish I could stick around on here seem like a great forum but can handle the temptation