Jury finds O.J. Simpson guilty on all charges !!

RobWin

closed account
By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent

LAS VEGAS - O.J. Simpson, who went from American sports idol to celebrity-in-exile after he was acquitted of murder in 1995, was found guilty...

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent

LAS VEGAS - O.J. Simpson, who went from American sports idol to celebrity-in-exile after he was acquitted of murder in 1995, was found guilty...

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

woot, woot! JUSTICE IS SERVED.

The verdict came 13 years to the day after Simpson was cleared of murdering his ex-wife and a friend of hers in Los Angeles in one of the most sensational trials of the 20th century.

Ironic, eh?

He goes broke after BUYING his freedom 13 years ago, which puts him in the situation where he has to go and steal back the stuff he sold for his defense money.................and look what happened!!! :D

woot, woot! JUSTICE IS SERVED.

Ironic, eh?

He goes broke after BUYING his freedom 13 years ago, which puts him in the situation where he has to go and steal back the stuff he sold for his defense money.................and look what happened!!! :D

Yea man !! It's about time they put this slime ball behind the bars for good, I was glad to see this...Justice after all...and ironic with the 13 year mark, go figure...:thumbsup:

I watched alot of the trial on court tv. I knew he would be found guilty this time. One guy really put the last nail in the coffin. hmmmm..wonder what Im gonna watch next week

lol. good bye juice. i actually spent about 3 hours with oj one night. i watched a football game with him in his limo. it was quite an experience. obviously i did not bring up any coversation involving a double homicide. a friend of mine, and his, put it to me this way. he asked me if i killed someone would i just turn myself in or plead not guilty. of course i said plead not guilty. automatic in our court system today. well if my lawyer got me off what am i supposed to do? tell the judge my lawyers are wrong and spend the rest of my life behind bars? not a person on the planet who would do that. now do i think oj did it? probably but i wasnt there. i go by what i see on tv and we all know that tv is 100% truthful. lol. if he is a killer then he had his reasons and he has to be judged by a higher power on that but i absolutely do not blame him for getting off. that is the fault of our a*s backward justice system.

karma did come back and bite him , hope he spends the rest of his life in prison with the general prison public where he should have been to begin with imo............. no extra personal treatment..................laurie

"if he is a killer then he had his reasons"

Money talks, didn't his lawyer "forgot his name" the one that died? put on his tombstone "OJ did it" (Johnny Cochrane) ( I remembered) Even if he had his reasons for killing two innocent people, that doesn't mean because he had his reasons it's ok. F@#$! that!!! I know your not implying that. Anyone watch Dr. Phil the other day? That Mike guy that worked (works) for him was on? And the Goldmans? They took over the book OJ wrote. So, this Mike writes his own book, titled, "How I helped OJ get away with murder?" cause he wants to come clean?? Right Mike. That was him and OJ figuring ok, well they cant make anything off the first book so right another one?! And we will do it with the reasoning that this Mike wants to come clean? Yeah and your right there 1819, he will be judged by a higher power and I dont care what anyone gets away with, karma comes back ten fold.
Patrina

Last edited:
"if he is a killer then he had his reasons"

Money talks, didn't his lawyer "forgot his name" the one that died? put on his tombstone "OJ did it" (Johnny Cochrane) ( I remembered) Even if he had his reasons for killing two innocent people, that doesn't mean because he had his reasons it's ok. F@#$! that!!! I know your not implying that. Anyone watch Dr. Phil the other day? That Mike guy that worked (works) for him was on? And the Goldmans? They took over the book OJ wrote. So, this Mike writes his own book, titled, "How I helped OJ get away with murder?" cause he wants to come clean?? Right Mike. That was him and OJ figuring ok, well they cant make anything off the first book so right another one?! And we will do it with the reasoning that this Mike wants to come clean? Yeah and your right there 1819, he will be judged by a higher power and I dont care what anyone gets away with, karma comes back ten fold.
Patrina

lol. no i'm not implying it was ok. my point is oj is absolutely hated for what he was found innocent of and every single person in the world would do in his shoes. he beat a murder rap. if everyone who killed someone just checked into the jail by themselves we would need no lawyers. the same people that would lynch oj would shake the hand of say a john gotti who, to me, is a bigger scumbag. oj said he didnt do it. a jury found him innocent. end of story. hate the lawyers not him. the families of the victims have the right to hate him if in fact he did it. do i think he did it? of course but i base my belief on everything the media said but again consider the source. i asked a friend of his for over 20 years his opinion and he told me that if he did do it he honestly does not remember doing it. this coming from a very close mutual friend who would absolutely tell me if he was told otherwise.

lol. no i'm not implying it was ok. my point is oj is absolutely hated for what he was found innocent of and every single person in the world would do in his shoes. he beat a murder rap. if everyone who killed someone just checked into the jail by themselves we would need no lawyers. the same people that would lynch oj would shake the hand of say a john gotti who, to me, is a bigger scumbag. oj said he didnt do it. a jury found him innocent. end of story. hate the lawyers not him. the families of the victims have the right to hate him if in fact he did it. do i think he did it? of course but i base my belief on everything the media said but again consider the source. i asked a friend of his for over 20 years his opinion and he told me that if he did do it he honestly does not remember doing it. this coming from a very close mutual friend who would absolutely tell me if he was told otherwise.

Yes I agree with the majority of what you have stated, I believe he loved Nicole but not in a healthy way and I believe Ron Goldman was trying to protect her and "got in the way" shall we say? I think OJ has his own demons and I honestly feel that he is going to have to deal with them one day and what he is going to go through will more then likely do him in. If he did it, then he has either blocked it out or blacked out, I dont know. I dont hate him. As you and I both know, you cant look at someone and know if he/she is a murderer, thief, rapist, etc. You cant see a mental illness. People that battle inner illness' can bury it so they look normal, and from experience, some are the most likable people you'll ever meet. You would never know. I can tell you that 18 yrs ago my ex tried to killl me, he was unlike any other guy I usually had interest in, I (at that time in my life) picked the bad boy bodybuilder type. He was completely different then any guy I had ever dated. Then one night we went north camping and he "lost it" drove me off the road at a high speed chase and I rolled five times in a truck. Earlier that evening it was worse. I was trying to get away from him, and there were no holds barred. I escaped, called the police and when the OPP had him in the back of the car he tried to kill the poor cop by strangling him with his radio wire. When this went to court he told the judge he just "lost it" and what happened that night, he completely had twisted. In his own mind he thought something entirely different. Looking at him you would never think he would be capable of anything like that. Anyway, although he tried to kill me, I felt sorry for him as he obviously had built up pent up anger for years and suddenly went ballistic. So, I get OJ. Something should of been done much earlier to prevent this.
Patrina p.s. Meaning I "get him" means I understand a little about rage and mental illness. The act itself and the fact that he got away with it, and the fact that the families of these victims have suffered so much is repulsive, and unjust. We have to remember, how would we feel if it were our loved ones?

Last edited:
Most folks had put it out of thier minds and accepted the fact that he got off with murder until he decided to rub it our faces in it and wrote that horrible book and got people upset at him again! That was his mistake!

Then to top it off he thought he was 'above the law' by taking his stuff at gun point! Not very smart.

Im not a psychiatrist (but i play on CM:p)

This is my take on this man's personality just from watching him over the years. This post is not meant any disrespect to any race either. That's just not in me and never was. OK, Im talking in retrospect at the beginning

Besides the obvious icons like MLK,Rosa Parks.etc..Im not even comparing that aspect, this purely on "celebrity" concept..want to make that clear

I see OJ as a man who happened into a good life. He's a built,strong, good athlete and very good looking man with the advantage of being very well spoken at a time when you mostly saw shows like Good Times, Sanford and Son etc.. on television. Unless you lived in a city those tv shows gave us a perception that OJ drastically changed in the 70's. On top of being an athlete and being admired by men, he got a hertz commercial and became more well known in the public eye as did Joe Namath was popular for an athlete. I personally wouldnt of known either of them if I tripped over them until athletes started doing commercials.(except lynn swann because he's a poet as well as one of the best running backs in my eyes)

OK, Now OJ is special. You must admit OJ getting that break made a huge difference in his life. He was now accepted as a main stream and with the football career he had, he could do no wrong. That has to do something to a persons ego let alone an african american in the early 70's. To this day in year 2008 some bi-racial couples have to hide their relationships and noone even blinked at his. Everyone wanted to be with him at his peak

OK, this is what Im getting at, sorry Im taking the long road but thats how I am. Just think, Your OJ Simpson and you get away with a double murder, even admist the rioting in LA. Even though some of those racist cops tried to tamper with evidence, OJ still made it through and made the cops tampering look worse than the double murder. I know I for one was appauled(sp) at what some of those cops did. He had everything going for him

Now, If your OJ, wouldnt you think "shit if I can get away with a double murder I know I can get away with just letting people think Im just taking back what was stolen from me" I honestly believe this man thinks hes invinsible. The man walks around as if nothing happened and constantly violates our laws and has been getting in trouble ever since he got a "not guilty" I bet right now at this very second he's thinking he's not gonna do any time. That is what I get from him. Hes just an arrogant and manipulating person who has some psychotic tendencies who doesnt see it because of how hes been treated over the years and I was so very happy to finally see justice served. You are so right 1819, its not him, its our system and juries who overlook things because of celebrity. You become who people perceive you in the media and that goes for anyone. Britany, Sheen, Downey Jr etc

Well put babs :)

Bottom line is, he thought he was above the law. The only thing wrong with his head, is his Ego. Now that that was taken down a notch, it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Instead of a life time sentence ....I would give him 5 years with my (will be ex) wife....he would surely committ suicide;)

I personally wouldnt of known either of them if I tripped over them until athletes started doing commercials.(except lynn swann because he's a poet as well as one of the best running backs in my eyes)
Lynn Swann is/was a Hall of Fame wide receiver, ftr!!.

Now, If your OJ, wouldnt you think "shit if I can get away with a double murder I know I can get away with just letting people think Im just taking back what was stolen from me" I honestly believe this man thinks hes invinsible. The man walks around as if nothing happened and constantly violates our laws and has been getting in trouble ever since he got a "not guilty" I bet right now at this very second he's thinking he's not gonna do any time. That is what I get from him. Hes just an arrogant and manipulating person who has some psychotic tendencies who doesnt see it because of how hes been treated over the years
You gave the long version but I believe the short version would be he is a "narcisstic sociopath"

I believe you are aware that I testified for the State in Nashville's own Trial (actually were 3 different trials) of the Century which the story was covered periodically for years by the national media including a cable channel you have mentioned on this forum. It took 10 years before he was ever tried.

He was by no means a famous charismatic athlete but there were a multitude of similarities in his and OJ's personality and behavior.

What is interesting, as I remember vividly (although I only knew the local), that my initial reaction when both were initially announced as suspects aka persons of interest which happened quickly in OJ's case as well as the local's case, I said "no way" and I had been around the local many times in the preceding month's. Of course, my initial "no way" would change quickly as in both cases it did not take long for their true sociopathic behavior and personalities to publically emerge which at least with the local I can say was never obvious until. I wonder how many others said "no way" for an instant when the OJ story broke that Monday morning.
Just some facts, opinions, and a question,fwiw:lolup:

THANK YOU NASH!!!!

I knew it wasnt a running back and forgot the word wide receiver. Im such an idiot. I should of just asked Rich . Atleast I knew his job though. He was the guy who ran up the field to catch the ball from the QB right?:D

Yes, I read up a little on that you case you were involved, I forgot alot of the facts but recalling the case. I think I even remembered asking you ifyou were the person who was at the house at the time he was in the rug or when the rug was missing or something like that.

THANK YOU AGAIN: again I forgot the narcisisitic sociopath. I was gonna use methodical psychotic lol. Im on so many medications and forget so many words, its a shame but I do appreciate the corrections (correction took me 2 minutes to think of that word lol) and Im in no way offended. I like it when you do that because it refreshes my memory. I admitted to taking the long road. Im so use to those marketing pros giving tips. Never just give facts if you really want to get your point acrossed, tell a story to make it more interesting. Most ppl in here prolly just like the facts lol. Ill change who I am though LMAO :)

what does FWIW mean and you said you had a question?

Last edited:
"lynn swann "

I met him years ago at Caesars Palace. I am sure he probably wouldn't remember though, I am certain he has chatted with many admiring females. He was sweet and not at all egotistical, although he had that right to be if he wanted to. Anyway, just a little tidbit.
Patrina

FWIW, there's a bigger picture to the "OJ did/didn't do it" scenario. And Karma is definitely alive and well although it took 13 years to become evident.

OJ got away with the murders because of the way physical evidence was handled by police/investigators at that time. The procedures at the time regarding physical evidence chain of custody were lax to say the least. Because of the way the evidence was handled there were too many ways it could be tampered with and OJ's dream team easily proved that, which resulted in the not guilty verdict which, as distasteful as it was, was the correct verdict IMO.

Fast forward 13 years and the procedures re evidence chain of custody have been greatly improved, as well as the way DNA can be tested! Horray!

So in the final analysis, Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman sacrificed their lives so that others could benefit, which BTW, is how karma works................

The flipside of this story is that OJ will spend the time in prison he is due. Karma has no favorites, it just works the same for everyone in its own time and in its own way.....and it does have a sense of humor. Can't wait until the judge in Las Vegas decides which prison OJ will serve his time...............betcha it'll be in a very hot place!

THANK YOU NASH!!!!

I knew it wasnt a running back and forgot the word wide receiver. Im such an idiot. I should of just asked Rich . Atleast I knew his job though. He was the guy who ran up the field to catch the ball from the QB right?:D
Exactly,you nailed it:D....Do you remember who the other wide receiver opposite Swanny was on those great Steeler teams. He also made the Hall of Fame. Ok, I have loose lips and will name and Fame ,lol, John Stallworth!

Yes, I read up a little on that you case you were involved, I forgot alot of the facts but recalling the case. I think I even remembered asking you ifyou were the person who was at the house at the time he was in the rug or when the rug was missing or something like that.
Yes, I remember your question and that was not I. If there was a rug, it was a Mom dropping off her child to play who claimed to see the rug and maybe their maid also claimed the same. If the alleged rolled up rug was present and if the rug had a body in fact inside per se, it would have been a she. I will try to find a couple of cached links and foward since you enjoy Cold Cases and a link to a cold case/sleuth forum that speculated on my testimony. In a sense, no one speculated correctly (afaik) on my testimony pursuant to the case. So much for speculation on forums,huh:D

THANK YOU AGAIN: again I forgot the narcisisitic sociopath. I was gonna use methodical psychotic lol. Im on so many medications and forget so many words, its a shame but I do appreciate the corrections (correction took me 2 minutes to think of that word lol) and Im in no way offended.
You are welcome and glad you are not offended as that never entered my mind so glad my prior post was not misconstrued:)
I like it when you do that because it refreshes my memory. I admitted to taking the long road. Im so use to those marketing pros giving tips. Never just give facts if you really want to get your point acrossed, tell a story to make it more interesting. Most ppl in here prolly just like the facts lol. Ill change who I am though LMAO :)
Yep, I understand and can relate,LOL..I blame my high school as we were taught to support all statements ,LOL! Ironically, my high school produces many future lawyers who believe and are some of the same who now tell me "the devil is not the details" so:confused::D:confused:
what does FWIW mean
Thanks Kakata
and you said you had a question?
the last sentence of my post is quasi-question but in the context of the post and how easily (even the most perceptive) can often be so easily fooled for years by these manipulative "narcisstic sociopaths" until ___________ .
Cheers:)

["because of the way physical evidence was handled by police/investigators at that time. "

Yes, I'm not sure how many of you know this but I just watched one of Dr. Badens shows and he showed that because the blood spatters were washed off Nicoles back, the physical evidence of the blood of the perpetrator was washed away. If that had been secured there would of been no question "who did it"
Patrina

LOL Nash

I remember from the Steelers that great year: Franco Harris, John stallworth, lynn swann, terri bradshaw, mean joe green, cant think of anymore right now but I sure loved that 79/80 season

You know..Walter "sweetness" payton lived down the road from us in IL (arlington hts) and he use to frequent this club called the snuggery where my Ex used to work after his football injury and before Pitney Bowes. My dad use to pass him jogging every morning. He was a cool guy with a great looking wife and daughter.

I moved shortly after the bears won in 1986. McMahon, the fridge and payton were great players. Remember the superbowl shuffle?:D

After that, I never followed football again with the exception of watching the Eagles lose the superbowl a couple of years back.

Suzy
You are absolutley correct about that verdict, I have to agree. The same people who tried so hard to tamper with the evidence to get him convicted were resoponsible for getting him off.

Patrina: I wouldnt expect OJ to be anything other than charismatic and charming to you when you spoke with him. Thats how the personality works. Do you think Nicole would of married him if he started hitting her on the first date? I know that personality all too well with my ex who played football and got attention when he wasnt even in the pros. Put a little Jack in this system and he's his true self!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back