It's the end of the world....

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
As we know it........and I feel fine...
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

MARKET IS UNDER 10K! :eek: :eek2: :eek: :eek2: :eek: :eek2: :eek:

Panic grips world stock markets

1 hour ago

LONDON (AFP) — World stock markets plummeted on Monday, striking four-year lows, as panic-stricken investors doubted whether a Wall Street bailout package would stem the global financial crisis.

London, Frankfurt and Paris all tumbled more than six percent before pulling back slightly while a 15-percent dive in Moscow forced yet another halt to Russian trading.

"There is all-out panic," said ING senior strategist Adrian van Tiggelen.

Russia suspends trading after 15% drop:

:D :D :D I LOVE YOU GEORGE W BUSH

AHHHH! ANTHRAX ATTACK!!!

BIRD FLU!!!

DEADLY AFRICAN BEE INVASION!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

:rolleyes:
EXACTLY!!!!.....A true Contrarian (with cash, like blood in tough times) sees opportunity, not doom and gloom.....The market after the one day 25% drop in the Dow on October 19,1987 did not reach it actual lows to December 1st,1987, I remember so check the dates,LOL.....Bet,lol, all wish they would have bought a little Coke (not that kind), GE, Microsoft, Walmart and all the NY banks (Chemical,Manny Hanny,Chase,Citi,etc) which were on their way to single digits from triple digits in most cases (adjusted for splits) and finished.

Psychology based on doom and gloom usually is great indicator of market bottoms (or soon to be) for the long term investor as the market has always been a lead lag indicator....you don't have to be a hero (mortgage backed securities, hedge funds, derivatives, short selling, writing naked call and put options, buying on margin, blah,blah) but a well-diversified portfolio of Blue Chip stocks bought today has a positive expectation historically of approx. 10%.* (and applying the rule of 72 you would double your investment every 7.2 years on average keeping it simple)

Yes, I am aware of most of the possible flipside arguments and exceptions like the Nifty 50, timing the market, on and on but try those arguments with Mr.Buffet.

Consistent dollar cost averaging may be the best course for those interested in risk vs. reward investing for the long term. Afterall, the market is gambling that requires great discipline and money management skills but over the long term has proved to have a positive expectaction. Imagine that;)

The wealth effect is felt even by the financially secure (or less secure than y-day granted:eek::eek2::eek:) and wealthy. The wealth effect has a trickle down multiplier effect on the whole economy most specifically to consumer spending which comprises how much of GNP:rolleyes:.

The above said, the market has always recovered with long term positive expectations for those ready, willing and able to stay the course (I agree easier said that done). Just looking at the brightside of the darkside which is definitely is in play.

I guess I should add the following Disclaimer: Past performance of the market is not reliable as a future indicator of market performance.

The wealth effect has a trickle down multiplier effect on the whole economy most specifically to consumer spending which comprises how much of GNP:rolleyes:.

The wealth effect AKA "The Doom & Gloom Effect" that the mass media want us to believe in so as we can then say to the powers that be...save us...save us...basically the same way the administration did with all the fear mongering regarding terriosts...

The above said, the market has always recovered with long term positive expectations for those ready, willing and able to stay the course

And why shouldn't it...LOL, it only cost the American Tax payer 1.6 Trillion dollars over the past month with the recent bailout and also the 800 billion the fed had previously gave to the financial institutions in the way of loans and guarantees that the media fails to mention to their flock...:rolleyes:

The wealth effect AKA "The Doom & Gloom Effect" that the mass media want us to believe in so as we can then say to the powers that be...save us...save us...basically the same way the administration did with all the fear mongering regarding terriosts...

And why shouldn't it...LOL, it only cost the American Tax payer 1.6 Trillion dollars over the past month with the recent bailout and also the 800 billion the fed had previously gave to the financial institutions in the way of loans and guarantees that the media fails to mention to their flock...:rolleyes:
Silly me:D

This sounds horrible and I dont mean it to sound that way but Rich and I couldnt be in a better position based on the fact that we never use credit cards, dont have car payment loans and we dont own a home.

You would think that was a bad thing but it's actually not for us. Our 401K wont be touched for 20 years or so. We pay cash for everything, Rich is a roofer and in construction and everyone must a have a roof, whether it needs to be fixed or completely redone. My SSD wont change, infact I get a raise every January.

We may even buy a car because the lots are going out of business around here and we could get a great deal on a pretty nice one. Its my family I feel bad for. For once, Im in a stable condition, how ironic

Since this time last year the market has lost 6.4 Trillion dollars in value...now that my friends will buy some nice toys !! :D

$6,400,000,000,000.00 :eek2:

The ultimate buy signal _concur!

I have been regularly adding to my current positions over the last few years; small increments but pretty steady. Both yesterday and today I added to these positions in larger amounts.

These companies are ones where I believe the fundamentals are basically sound but are caught up in the "panic-mode" where good companies stock prices are getting slaughtered with the not-so-good.

And yes, these stocks I've added recently have the potential to go lower but then there's the long-term upside..... :D

Now for disclaimer.... not a professional yadda, yadda, yadda ...should no way be construed as advice to buy or not to buy yadda, yadda, yadda. End disclaimer.

How low will it go? :D

Another 678.91 point drop :rolleyes:

Gotta love that $700B bailout! It's working wonders!

Haven't you heard...it's no longer called the Bailout Plan...they have assigned it a more socially responsible name now, it's called the Financial "Rescue" Plan !! and is no longer $700 billion but 850 billion...:rolleyes:

As the United States of America stands on the verge of irrecoverable bankruptcy, U.S. Senators have decided to orchestrate a final "blowout" spending spree by dressing up the financial bailout plan with so much bloated pork that no lawmaker can resist its lure. The so-called "rescue plan" (renamed from "bailout plan" by Washington language police) has now ballooned into a 450-page overstuffed pork sandwich, featuring layer upon layer of outlandish expenditures tied to the bill like too must ballast on a sinking ship:

Tax breaks for NASCAR race tracks
Big handouts to Virgin Island rum makers
Yet more tax breaks for Hollywood film producers
Gifts to companies researching wool
Huge tax breaks for companies like Microsoft and GE

... and many other handouts yet to be discovered in its 450 pages of pork.

What began as a financial bailout bill to save the future of America's economy has become a free-for-all financial blowout that will only accelerate its demise. What's astonishing here is that even on the verge of financial collapse, Washington lawmakers are incapable of coming to their senses. They offer the same solution to every problem: Spend more!

"This is how Washington works,'' said Keith Ashdown, chief investigator at Taxpayers for Common Sense. "A big pot of pork is their recipe for final passage."

what in your honest opinion do you see headed this way rob, i know thats a loaded question, will there be a run on the banks, people pulling all their money out, total collapse of the country? i just would like to know your own personal thoughts on this matter as its gonna affect every last one of us, i know you cant see into the future but you have a good political head on your shoulders and maybe you can share your veiws..........................laurie

what in your honest opinion do you see headed this way rob, i know thats a loaded question, will there be a run on the banks, people pulling all their money out, total collapse of the country? i just would like to know your own personal thoughts on this matter as its gonna affect every last one of us, i know you cant see into the future but you have a good political head on your shoulders and maybe you can share your veiws..........................laurie

Laurie, if I answer that question on what I truly believe then I will be considered a bigger crackpot and conspiracy theorist than people already think I am...but I will say this, things are IMO going to get a hell of a lot worse overall before they ever get better...this IMO is only the beginning !!

Everything that you see happening now is just the forerunner to what has been predicted and foretold in the most sold book of all times...;) If you know what I am talking about you will know of all the other revelations that have already come to pass...sorry for being so cryptic here...:)

We've trusted too much in people who love money and power. They made sure we are dumbed down by our education system; they made sure that standard medical protocol doesn't heal you but just "manages" your diseases; they make sure you get diseases by putting various ingredients in our food that messes with your brain to cause obesity and chronic illnesses; they filter the news that you hear so that you don't learn what you should; they encourage deviant behaviour; they provide hours and various different forms of entertainment to keep us from really bettering and educating ourselves; they create economic and banking systems that is based on debt instead of incremental growth in productivity and thereby shifting ownship of assets from you to them via the buying out of banks, insurers, mortgage companies, etc. They make us sheep to be sheared of everything.

The Federal Reserve is not a governmental office despite what their website says. They do not get government appropriations. The Fed is owned by shareholder banks who are in turn owned by foreign people such as the Rothschilds. It is possible that banks and mortgage companies that are taken over by the Fed will eventually enforce eviction actions against Americans who don't make their payments. You might think that just how the hell will they find people to buy their houses if most Americans are evicted? Well, there are enough people from other countries who may like to live here. Maybe we become a Chinese Annex country?

This will call for a police state against evicted Americans who would cause rioting and protesting. Various conspiracy related websites mention the existence of detention camps starting back in the 1990s. Would it go this far? I hope not but what the hell are they preparing for behind our backs for the past twenty years? They knew these days were coming a long, long time ago.

We've trusted too much in people who love money and power. They made sure we are dumbed down by our education system; they made sure that standard medical protocol doesn't heal you but just "manages" your diseases; they make sure you get diseases by putting various ingredients in our food that messes with your brain to cause obesity and chronic illnesses; they filter the news that you hear so that you don't learn what you should; they encourage deviant behaviour; they provide hours and various different forms of entertainment to keep us from really bettering and educating ourselves; they create economic and banking systems that is based on debt instead of incremental growth in productivity and thereby shifting ownship of assets from you to them via the buying out of banks, insurers, mortgage companies, etc. They make us sheep to be sheared of everything.

The Federal Reserve is not a governmental office despite what their website says. They do not get government appropriations. The Fed is owned by shareholder banks who are in turn owned by foreign people such as the Rothschilds. It is possible that banks and mortgage companies that are taken over by the Fed will eventually enforce eviction actions against Americans who don't make their payments. You might think that just how the hell will they find people to buy their houses if most Americans are evicted? Well, there are enough people from other countries who may like to live here. Maybe we become a Chinese Annex country?

This will call for a police state against evicted Americans who would cause rioting and protesting. Various conspiracy related websites mention the existence of detention camps starting back in the 1990s. Would it go this far? I hope not but what the hell are they preparing for behind our backs for the past twenty years? They knew these days were coming a long, long time ago.

West, have we met..do I know you...I think we both graduated from the same conspiratorial school...which IMO is a good thing, welcome my brother...LOL...:thumbsup:

will there be a run on the banks, people pulling all their money out, total collapse of the country?
All now just appears to be trial and error, increasing FDIC insurance to $250K (you could do that anyway but now just a little less hassle) and banks now are increasing savings rates to attempt curbing the run which is contrary to the prior steepening of the yield curve so the consumer could recapitalize the banks....so do you think there may already be a run not that we would be the first to know???

Did lenders really increase their underwriting guidelines (yes and no), stop foreclosing (not by their own choice eventhough workouts make sense in some cases) or are the lenders just broke where in order to meet reserve requirements, they simply can not even lend to the creditworthy to buy a car or afford the expenses to continue foreclosing.....as soon as there soon to be new partner,THE GOVERNMENT, (funded by the US taxpaxer) , supplies enough operating capital, I bet all the foreclosure workouts cease (which may be a necessary evil but funny how the Housing Bill never addresses the yield base spread pricing done by loan officers and loan brokers in order that they can continue to rob the consumer blind with absolutely no disclosure even required)

but I will say this, things are IMO going to get a hell of a lot worse overall before they ever get better...this IMO is only the beginning !!
Agree.....and someone let me know when that recession arrives:rolleyes::rolleyes: (you know it is not a recession until the government decides there is negative GDP growth *cough* after the election).....our generation, imo , could not handle a real depression so maybe we are thinking the same thing, everyday it appears to be happening so fast with the ass clowns (did you see Cramer, lol, y-day go off on Bernanke for the millionth time?) having no clue (whether Donkey or Elephants) as now it just appears to be trial and error experiments:confused::eek::confused:....could we eventually see the end of what is left of a true Democracy??, just a question that I discussed with a few locals today!!

I don't mean to blow my own horn (well yes actually I do)... I predicted the fall in the stock market if the bail out was signed... and I'll give you all another prediction...

Our current leader (and the ones waiting in the bullpin - Obama, McCain) don't have a clue as to the depth and breadth of this current crisis. They all helped to cause it and they just can't see the problems and are in most cases part of the problem itself.

The so Called "Bail Out" did nothing but speed up the eventual crash of the entire system...

Think about this... According to the "Experts" there are two crises, one is the Credit Crisis, that all the politicos are talking about... But the real important crisis is the one no one wants to talk about. The world wide loss of Confidence in the US Monetary System.

The United States Money is not "backed" by Gold, Sliver, Oil or any hard asset. The only way the current US monetary system works is if everyone in the world has CONFIDENCE that the USA's economy will be able to back its money... So in other words, the US Dollars are "backed" ONLY by CONFIDENCE in the US system.

CONFIDENCE in the US Monetary System no longer exists in the world, so the system can NOT function as it has in the past.

Let me repeat this

CONFIDENCE in the US Monetary System no longer exists in the world, so the system can NOT function as it has in the past.

The Confidence Crisis, is the real threat to the world as we know it and no one in power in the US (or wanting to take power) is even talking about the world wide loss of confidence in the US Monetary system or what we can do to limit the damage from this loss of confidence or what system to replace the old system with... In other words, the powers that be are sticking their heads in the sand and hoping that it will all just work out, if the Federal Reserve will print enough worthless money...

OK here is my Prediction for the near future.... Hyper-Inflation, will be next. You can expect your worthless dollars to purchase next to nothing as people begin to realize that the US Greenbacks in their pocket are in fact worthless.

Oh, the Fed will continue to cut interest rates in an effort to slow or stop the Hyper-Inflation, but it won't work. Whats the good in cutting Interest rates on worthless money???

Lots, West, Rob and Nash, you guys have some valid points and I really hope that more people will become more aware of what is going on.

I was never for this bail out crap because there is not enough money to bail out everyone that is in trouble and many will be hurt and businesses closed.

Paulson already told us that more banks will fail and it's my belief that our US Government does not have a clue as to what the hell they are doing and we need to address the problem asap.

When I saw how they porked up that bill by $150 billion I lost my faith and trust in Bush/Paulson as well as Frank, Dodd and others that should have seen this coming.

How can they say that we are in trouble while giving money to the organizations that will not benefit all of us or help the economy? The scariest part is that not very many people realize what is going on.

I certainly do not like to think that our government is against it's people because I don't believe that, but I have no confidence in the current clowns in office and running the show at the distruction of our country!

The Confidence Crisis, is the real threat to the world as we know it and no one in power in the US (or wanting to take power) is even talking about the world wide loss of confidence in the US Monetary system or what we can do to limit the damage from this loss of confidence or what system to replace the old system with...

This world wide economic collapse will most likely see the ushering in of the Amero to replace the dollar, the same way the Euro did...which will further edge us toward a one world financial/economic system which will further edge us one step closer to a one world government which is the ultimate goal of the elitists and globalists...

Oh, the Fed will continue to cut interest rates in an effort to slow or stop the Hyper-Inflation, but it won't work. Whats the good in cutting Interest rates on worthless money???

They are already almost at the point of not having anything left to cut from the interest rates...they are just about at rock bottom now unless they decide to take them negative...

This world wide economic collapse will most likely see the ushering in of the Amero to replace the dollar, the same way the Euro did...which will further edge us toward a one world financial/economic system which will further edge us one step closer to a one world government which is the ultimate goal of the elitists and globalists...
I don't know, I believe as far as world trade goes, it will be soon be back to commodities being traded between countries without any 'standard' of trade like the US Dollar, Pound or the Euro, much like it was before WWI.

You have to have world wide Confidence in a government and a monetary system to be able to have a world standard currency for trade actually work... And I don't see any government or monetary system that has that kind of trust in the world right now.

were all doomed i tell ya dooooooommmmmmeeeeeeeeeddddddddd,

:axeman2::gunmen::sniper::machinegu:axeman::sob:

One bright light that I see in this stock market sell-off in the Dow Jones Industrials Average indicator is that it is near the 50% retracement (around 7,000) from it's record high (around 14,000). In bull markets they usually at some time retrace 50% to 62% from its high before moving back up and making a new high and continuing the bull market to even higher levels. We usually call the retracement a "correction." When doom and gloom is widespread and prevalent out on Main Street, that is when markets turn around and go back up. If the market breaks the 62% correction, then in technical terms, we are actually in a bear market.

IF we actually do see a resumption of the move back up, then I think we are in for ONE more move up to another record high in the DOW and it would truly be over with at that time. The USA has waaaay too much debt and the dollar is on it's last legs. It just doesn't make sense the way our economy and financial system is structured. John F. Kennedy tried to make changes in our monetary system and look what happened to him. Try to get out of debt and educate yourself on other investment options and even have, if possible, a piece of property you can take flight to in another country when the true Economic Train Wreck of the Millennium occurs.

Try to get out of debt and educate yourself on other investment options and even have, if possible, a piece of property you can take flight to in another country when the true Economic Train Wreck of the Millennium occurs.

What country would even take American immigrants? :rolleyes:

*shoots self for naming this thread the way I did....now I can't get that blasted song out of my head :D*

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back