Is it weird that I'm ADDICTED to the slot theme songs?

EstrogenJPEG

Newbie member
So I didn't realize this until recently but I think I'm addicted to the feeling and ambiance of slots šŸ˜† I don't even need to be actively playing, I just like to have them open in the background while I work or do something. Have a spin here and there.

I realized that I do this a few weeks ago when I was showing something to my roommate on the computer and had Prism of Gems by play n go open the whole time. He said that it's weird and I'm a "Gambler that's in too deep" lol.

You now understand better than most why the theme music to Bonanza et al is so important to get you to part with your money. It should not be underestimated how much like the call of a Siren it is,and intentionally so.

I almost always play with the sound turned off.
Occasionally I'll have the sound on for TSII, IR and BDBA megaways.
But otherwise, I find slots music very irritating. Especially BTG games.
I've also found that listening to audiobooks helps with the more boring games that you need to grind through.

I always liked Cashapillar's ragtime bonus theme song, and also Rival's Secret Garden string melody in the base game. Oh, just remembered, the bonus song from Microgaming's old Summer Holiday slot (which I think was retired...?).

And though I can't real-play Pragmatic or No Limit, I do like the trumpet solo bonus theme song on Pragmatic's Yum Yum Powerways slot, and the 'money on my mind' theme from No Limit's East Coast vs. West Coast slot.

I tend to really hate the music on most contemporary slots, because they seem designed to annoy and grate on players. Why can't I have just relaxing, humble, simple music or else silence? I mean, I guess you can if you turn off the music/sound.

I have the Immortal Romance soundtrack (full length) on my iPod - there was a link on here somewhere years back where you could download it. It's a cool bit of music to be fair, when Microgaming were a prime slot developer before they gave up and sat on their laurels.

I always mute them. In the past I've found myself wondering how anyone could possibly like them and why developers make them so irritating. It seems that not everyone thinks that way. I get it though, as I feel the same way about some video game theme songs. Then again, that's probably more to do with nostalgia than anything else.

I have the Immortal Romance soundtrack (full length) on my iPod - there was a link on here somewhere years back where you could download it. It's a cool bit of music to be fair, when Microgaming were a prime slot developer before they gave up and sat on their laurels.
That is a very good song.That lady singer has a great singing voice.

That is a very good song.That lady singer has a great singing voice.
Yes, there's 10 songs and sound effects, about 5 of each. The songs are normal length, the soundbites for say the Wild Desire are just 30-55 secs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back