Is it ok for a player to play with spouse's account?

tennis_balls

Dormant account
I was playing in a $3 one table tourney tonight at pokerstars. This arrogant prig was giving some donk the business about a poor play. I hate it when experienced players dish out the verbal abuse in such a low-stakes game.

I looked up the prig's stats and he was in the red $2,500. Of course, then I just had to say something to him. He immediately boasted that he was playing on his wife's account and that he'd recently lost two $1,000 heads up matches on her account. When I told him I thought Stars security would find this information interesting, he claimed that he was within the rules to play her account.

Does anyone know if he was breaking the rules? I did send a report to Stars on this. Sometimes it can take them a week to look into such matters. I know this stuff is pretty hard for Stars to enforce, but since the guy was dumb enough to proclaim it proudly in chat maybe something can be done?

A little while later the blinds were high so I had to call him with a weak hand and I sucked out and sent him packing out of the money. I just love it when karma extracts its toll. :oops:

I was playing in a $3 one table tourney tonight at pokerstars. This arrogant prig was giving some donk the business about a poor play. I hate it when experienced players dish out the verbal abuse in such a low-stakes game.

I looked up the prig's stats and he was in the red $2,500. Of course, then I just had to say something to him. He immediately boasted that he was playing on his wife's account and that he'd recently lost two $1,000 heads up matches on her account. When I told him I thought Stars security would find this information interesting, he claimed that he was within the rules to play her account.

Does anyone know if he was breaking the rules? I did send a report to Stars on this. Sometimes it can take them a week to look into such matters. I know this stuff is pretty hard for Stars to enforce, but since the guy was dumb enough to proclaim it proudly in chat maybe something can be done?

A little while later the blinds were high so I had to call him with a weak hand and I sucked out and sent him packing out of the money. I just love it when karma extracts its toll. :oops:

Nearly every place has a line in their T&C that states "One account per household/Computer/IP address". If that's the case, then I'm sure they'll both be shut down - whether or not it's their spouses account|different computer in the same house, etc.

Snippet from Stars site:
Before the User participates at PokerStars, he/she is responsible to verify the laws on gambling which govern the User use of the Software in order to determine restrictions and act in accordance thereto. The User must provide full and truthful information regarding his/her legal name and identity when such information is requested by PokerStars. A User may not have more than one account with PokerStars.

I play on William Hill as does my GF. We did ask them about it and they said no problem. Im a reasonable customer and she is proberly one of their better ones LOL

ditto with Ladbrokes... and Betfred... and ......:rolleyes:

The line...............

Pokerstars does allow more than one account per household myself and partner both have accounts there u have to verify that you are two seperate people to allow the accounts to be set up.

Ladbrokes is the same as said they again request id confirmation then set up two accounts the software does not allow you to sit at same table to avoid collusion.

I do not understand what you gain from reporting him for playing on his wifes account what next hes not allowed to look at screen when his wife is playing in case he gives her advise.

Causing him to suffer just cause he was moaning about someone elses play is not on if you do not like the chat turn it off.

Pokerstars has allowed me and my son a different account...
They said as long as we dont play at the same table we should be good to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back