Tips Intel Widi - playing on the big screen

Wild Reels

Meister Member
webmeister
Having just got a nice new smart tv i was looking into playing on it using the laptop rather than my desktop pc and normal monitor.

Obviously i could just hook it up with a cable, my laptop has vga or display port only though, so was in the process of ordering a cable that would allow this via hdmi to the tv when i discovered Intel Widi,

The basic principle that it requires to work are that the laptop processor is capable of using intel Widi (most of the current intel i-3,i-5,i7's are) Outdated URL (Invalid)

and a smart tv that is capable of screen mirroring (for those that arent you can buy additional hardware to allow this but just for playing slots it might not be worth it)

As long as the laptop and smart tv are on the same network then its simply a case of finding the remotely connected screen, and connecting to it wirelessly (you can adjust the resolution also to match the TV)

widilaptop.jpg

The Result - also sends the sound to the tv too, ignore the cables and mess its a work in progress :)

slotsontv.jpg

Its awesome to use a big screen - I have all my desktop boxes on 40 to 52 inch screens with a wireless mouse and keyboard - The desktop versions / laptops are only in use when I sit at a desk.

Will have a look at the Widi option as I am using HDMI cables for now. Thanks for sharing.

Nate

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back