I would like to file lawsuit against PLAYNGO

Title pretty much explains my intentions.

Play n Go software provider is using false advertising and deceptive marketing.
Many of there games claim that i can win 5000x my bet.

Either there are magical spins that are outside the standard paylines, or this simply is not true.

I have reviewed many of there games, and it is not possible to get a 5000x on many of the ones they claim can do this. Some yes, like BOD for instance, but most of them it is not possible(yet they still claim a 5000x on the payout page).

I calculate the total payout for a line, using the highest symbol, times the amount of lines available, including multipliers if appropriate.

Lets take for instance, Rise of Olympus, which i have played over 80k spins on.

The highest payline is 5 wilds, which pays a 50x bet. Now in free spins you can get a 20x multiplier. Which would work out to a 1000x win. It is impossible for you to get 5 wild lines in a spin, let alone one during the free spins.

Am i missing something?

Besides the chances of actually hitting a 5000x are like 1 in a billion or more, and this information is not stated in the games write up.

This is deceptive marketing, and infuriates me.
I won 5000 times on Gemix, so it can be done :)

No slots aren't a predetermined outcome, and no there isn't a pool of win values (i.e 4x) which the server asks for and then finds a way to display. Apart from the fact this would be a very time intensive process for the code to execute on, there is no reason for this to be done. It doesnt mean some smaller companies might do it, and we know Jammin Jars (and some of the complex games like JJ) do have each round predetermined and then just pick from the multitude of options, but these are rare.

Just out of interest, where do you get your inference that "95% of slots work this way"... interested to know where you get this info from :)

And there is a very good reason why providers won't tell you the exact maths... because the maths of a game is an extremely valuable IP. It is the only part of a successful game that is worth knowing, and competitors would be able to perfectly recreate a game if they had that info. It is NOT about being deceitful.
I find this hard to believe, if this was true then they could go on eternally and they wouldn't give you extremely specific max wins. Almost all games today have re-triggers.

I'm still a fledgling but do we all believe the hype? Really? Each game has its personality and so do the providers. The top pay outs are mathematically possible otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to advertise it and the industry is unique in that it has to be seen to be possible but the trick is to take everyone's money whilst looking like you care. A good thread for validation on games though....been rinsed on Rise and Moon and some yggdrasil yet netent seems to be a bit more stable for me in terms of wagering. How about some kind of game rating system based on community experience and industry info like the monthly Casumo list?

Last edited:
I find this hard to believe, if this was true then they could go on eternally and they wouldn't give you extremely specific max wins. Almost all games today have re-triggers.

In theory, yes they could go on eternally, but with simpler games it is possible to calculate maximum possible win, and with more complex games we run billions of spins (around 4 or 5 billion, some manufacturers may run more or less, but it will be a large number) and we get what we call the maximum liability...I.e what is the maximum win the game is likely to pay out in its life time. This does NOT mean that a bigger win is impossible, it just means it is extremely unlikely.

And yes, I do know of a game where we told the operators the maximum payout, and after about 18 months of operation, someone had a win higher than the number we gave them.

I'm still a fledgling but do we all believe the hype? Really? Each game has its personality and so do the providers. The top pay outs are mathematically possible otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to advertise it and the industry is unique in that it has to be seen to be possible but the trick is to take everyone's money whilst looking like you care. A good thread for validation on games though....been rinsed on Rise and Moon and some yggdrasil yet netent seems to be a bit more stable for me in terms of wagering. How about some kind of game rating system based community experience and industry info like the monthly Casumo list?

SlotTracker has games rated for volatility and gives a lot of information about game play statistics

Thanks for the replies comrades.

I did wonder if it was 5000x over the basis of free spins, cumulative wins.

Still extremely misleading. Hopefully the rise of population and popularity will bring greater regulation to the industry. I mean PNG is got to be one of the top 3 producers right? im pretty sure they are listed on the stock exchange for many years now.

I realize online gambling is shrouded in a cloak of deceit, and i basically just accept it, and play for the enjoyment only. (the jammin jars thread i read through last night was quite interesting).

btw-slots are all predetermined outcome once you hit spin. Thats how 95% of them work. You are only seeing a generated image of the results...the win amount/spin result is pulled from a random server pool the moment you hit spin, and that will be the result shown.

Would be nice to see a provider provided fulll transparency. There is no reason why they cannot release the total rng results for a game, and there probable outcomes for each bet win x.

Having alot more luck with red tiger lately since i stopped playing PNG, however i doubt they are any different within regards to the misleading claims.
Please no mention of ‘comrades’ that sends shivers down my spine.

In the past year or so I have been playing a lot of PNG games mainly because most other software are not available for my jurisdiction. The best hit I got was onRise of Olympics with 50ak characters on several lines at 20x multiplier yet the total bonus round only yielded around 930x. I think possibly Raging Rex could yield around 2000x or so with 2x and 3x multipliers all over the place but up till now my best outcome in the bonus round is 600x.

You don’t need to go as far as a law suit

I had a sort of similar issue on spinal tap and although it took a while I made enough noise in the right places and got a 5k payout to shut up and go away !!!!!

OK, I had a look at the game sheets for the "cold hard numbers" on the chances of hitting the 5,000x bet wins

Moon Princess: Less than 1:160,000,000
Rise of Olympus: Less than 6.25e-9 or 1:6,250,000,000
Viking Runecraft: Less than 7.50113E-08 or 1:750,113,000
Book of Dead: Less than 3.74632E-07 or 1:37,463,200

Some with less than 5,000x potential:

Reactoonz (max win is 4,570.30x): Less than 3.19076E-11 or 1:319,076,000,000
Gemix (max win is 4,513.50x): Less than 9.96139E-10 or 1:99,613,900,000 (99 fricking billion :rolleyes: )

Good luck! :D

P.S. Except for BoD, you have a better chance of winning the lottery :D I think it is safe to say that all of the above are good for wins between 500x to 1500x bet on a pretty regular basis. We see it in the battles on VS every day. However, chasing the max win is a rather futile exercise. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OK, I had a look at the game sheets for the "cold hard numbers" on the chances of hitting the 5,000x bet wins

Moon Princess: Less than 1:160,000,000
Rise of Olympus: Less than 6.25e-9 or 1:6,250,000,000
Viking Runecraft: Less than 7.50113E-08 or 1:750,113,000
Book of Dead: Less than 3.74632E-07 or 1:37,463,200

Some with less than 5,000x potential:

Reactoonz (max win is 4,570.30x): Less than 3.19076E-11 or 1:319,076,000,000
Gemix (max win is 4,513.50x): Less than 9.96139E-10 or 1:99,613,900,000 (99 fricking billion :rolleyes: )

Good luck! :D

P.S. Except for BoD, you have a better chance of winning the lottery :D I think it is safe to say that all of the above are good for wins between 500x to 1500x bet on a pretty regular basis. We see it in the battles on VS every day. However, chasing the max win is a rather futile exercise. :rolleyes:

Where did you get these numbers from? do you have any links to "the game sheets"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back