I know it's not a big deal but.....

I'd like to add something to this thread....

Every time I hear the name John, the only thing I can think of is Elaine from Seinfeld saying "John, John" from the "Contest" episode. The 4 characters had this particular contest :D Elaine was second out because she was thinking of JFK Junyaaaaaaa.

P.S. I like to play pool :mad: ;)

Sometimes things can be lost in translation it's inevitable, we can only look towards a spokesperson to better explain any confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back John. I was one of the people in the other thread that said not to take things personally. :oops:

I'm a pretty laid back person but you know something funny - I was having a lousy day a couple of days ago and I got a little surge of piss-offedness at something someone posted. It's really stupid so I'm not going to say who it was or what it was about, because that person didn't mean anything belittling or rude and honestly I'm not sure why I got mad about it in the first place. Probably most of my problem was just that I was having a bad day. But if I had responded right away in the heat of the moment before giving myself the opportunity to cool off and then reread the post and take it as intended, it could have blown up into a big stupid mess and you would have all thought I'd lost my mind.

Anyhow, hopefully things will be calm around here and we can all get along for awhile. :p

Welcome back John. I was one of the people in the other thread that said not to take things personally. :oops:

I'm a pretty laid back person but you know something funny - I was having a lousy day a couple of days ago and I got a little surge of piss-offedness at something someone posted. It's really stupid so I'm not going to say who it was or what it was about, because that person didn't mean anything belittling or rude and honestly I'm not sure why I got mad about it in the first place. Probably most of my problem was just that I was having a bad day. But if I had responded right away in the heat of the moment before giving myself the opportunity to cool off and then reread the post and take it as intended, it could have blown up into a big stupid mess and you would have all thought I'd lost my mind.

Anyhow, hopefully things will be calm around here and we can all get along for awhile. :p

Thank you very much.

I am not going to respond at all to the little jabs that are meant to only stir up a verbal battle. I'm a ball breaker from way back and I can take it when it's re-directed back at me but I am very good at telling the difference between friendly and unfriendly jabs.

Sound advice!

It was probably me. :p

But how can you not take things personally when other members call you an idiot or (insert word of choice) that is a personal jab. Some jabs are meant to be personal.

skiny

It was probably me

Ya, your such a trouble maker. :D :p

It was probably me. :p

Actually no it wasn't! Most of the time after reading your posts I have to clean the coffee off my monitor, but usually that doesn't make me mad. :p

But how can you not take things personally when other members call you an idiot or (insert word of choice) that is a personal jab.

If someone calls you an idiot then you should report the post and let the moderators deal with it...that's why they get paid the big bucks! But what I meant about taking things personally is not to let it bother you if someone out there in the wide world disagrees with you or says something you feel is rude or makes a personal jab. You can't control what other people do or say, but you can control how you react to it. Getting into a flame war doesn't solve anything. I've been around this forum for quite a long time and I've seen some meltdowns where someone just flips out about some real or imagined slight - I know you've seen a few too, and it's not pretty.

Say if I said something and you thought I was insulting you. What I hope would happen is that you'd send me a PM and say, "Were you trying to insult me by saying...." and I'd respond with either, "Oh no, I didn't mean anything and I'm sorry if you thought that I did...." and we'd be pals again. Or I'd respond, "Yes I was insulting you because I'm a mean jerk and you're a blankety-blank blank - what are you going to do about it?" Then you have the choice of what to do - you could start a new post and tell everyone what a jerk I am, you could report me to the mods, or you could just think to yourself, "Does it really matter what this stupid chick who I'll never meet in real life who lives on the bloody other side of the world thinks of me?" and you could put me on ignore and pretend I don't exist.

And FYI if I really was a mean jerk that was trying to start a war, that last one would bug the hell out of me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back