I have a young fox living in my garden

ed skull murphy

Trollish behavior - quit the forum
He seems to be quite a character, my lawn is littered with cuddly toys that he has dragged home from his nocturnal scavenging expeditions through people's trash.

He is not too much trouble at the moment, as long as he doesn't start leaving squidgy messages all over the place, I'll let him be.

I know how to deal with it, if he does. Just splashing a bit of urine around the garden, as a dog marks their territory, that is usually enough to warn them off.

I'll try to get some photos, if I can, but he seems fairly elusive, which is fine by me... :)

I've a garden fox I feed daily. She comes around daily faithfully and hears the door open and bounds by for food. If I forget....my gods... the howls.
They WILL but don't ever hand feed. Let them have a wild element even though theyre dog.....ish... because other humans won't treat them as kindly and they need that cautious element.
ps they don't care about dogs and urine when there's free grub. I've two agressive dogs and she will stand ONE foot outside their leash range lol
Cheap food is peanut butter sandwiches one egg or some cat food.
It will always come for free snacks.
I'llFB_IMG_1508071464405.jpg try to upload pics

I've a garden fox I feed daily. She comes around daily faithfully and hears the door open and bounds by for food. If I forget....my gods... the howls.
They WILL but don't ever hand feed. Let them have a wild element even though theyre dog.....ish... because other humans won't treat them as kindly and they need that cautious element.
ps they don't care about dogs and urine when there's free grub. I've two agressive dogs and she will stand ONE foot outside their leash range lol
Cheap food is peanut butter sandwiches one egg or some cat food.
It will always come for free snacks.

She is a fine looking beast, the foxes around here are usually pretty shabby looking. You must be living in Surrey :p

I have to be a bit careful with feeding them because the neighbours are against it. I sometimes throw leftovers on the front lawn after the neighbours have gone to bed. :)

Edit: Sorry, just realised that you are in Canada, well that explains it then.

That's amazing, I'd love a fox in the garden but the other two wild beasts we keep wouldn't be too happy :D
I'll post pics tomorrow, it's too dark now. Hint: they're synonymous with easter and look fluffly and cuddly, but are actually feral and crafty bastards that pulled full Shawshank on the hatch and been bossing the garden ever since ;)