I get by with a little help from my friends

I have faced a lot of health challenges over my lifetime.

I've lived to tell the tale, but all of them have taken their toll.

I'm facing another one, and I will live to tell the tale.

But hysterectomy is in my near future. On the bright side, it's not like it will impact my fertility. But my vascular surgeon is already reluctant to deal with me because of past abdominal surgeries, and that not being able to walk or stand for long really really impacts my life.

My gyne told me after a hysteroscope and removal of a polyp, that maybe just that polyp (size of a small pear) was the cause of my bleeding for last year, and a quick look was "good". To call in two weeks and ask his secretary for results, but would probably be good.

I got a letter for a follow up appointment before I could call.

So since I have google, lol, I kinda knew what to expect.

Since I also had google nearly two years ago, I wasn't too freaked.

Uterine, or womb, or endrometical cancer is a slow cancer. It tends to stay distinct, so a hysterectomy in a timely manner usually solves that issue.

I'm probably not a good candidate for laproscropy, due to past medical issues, and this is gonna be miserable.

But I'll live to tell the tale, and get by with a little help from my friends.

But hysterectomy is in my near future. On the bright side, it's not like it will impact my fertility. But my vascular surgeon is already reluctant to deal with me because of past abdominal surgeries, and that not being able to walk or stand for long really really impacts my life.

My gyne told me after a hysteroscope and removal of a polyp, that maybe just that polyp (size of a small pear) was the cause of my bleeding for last year, and a quick look was "good". To call in two weeks and ask his secretary for results, but would probably be good.

Uterine, or womb, or endrometical cancer is a slow cancer. It tends to stay distinct, so a hysterectomy in a timely manner usually solves that issue.

I'm probably not a good candidate for laproscropy, due to past medical issues, and this is gonna be miserable.

Ditto Jazzy. I have had health issues over the past decade to last a lifetime lol. Stoke, kidney cancer, gout, bone spur, elevated blood pressure, diabetes. You name it, I have got it. 2 years ago I had a tumour measuring 7.2cm removed together with my right kidney. I am still alive and kicking though and since my stroke in 2010 I had continued to work though I am finally retiring this December. My pension should be enough for me and my family's needs whereas the government provides me with all the medical coverasge I require.

I hope evetrything goes well for you. I shall be praying for you. Stay tough gal.

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing another health issue.
But you are a strong girl, and we are here for you all the time, we will hold your hand and walk with you when you feel it is too difficult to make one more step forward.
If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

I will pray for you.

Really sorry to hear about this newest attack on your health. Life certainly seems to pick on some of us more than others, it seems. Maybe because we are stronger, better able to take it, who knows?

All your many friends will be praying and thinking of you and hoping this ordeal will go as easily as possible for you. I, myself, will make a toast to you daily for the return of the best of health possible for the woman who got ME to post!!:oops:

@Jasminebed makes me sad reading this but i guess its reality of life, i see you are great fighter and life always give us fights good and bad ones, so girl i know you will make knockout in round 1 and win this one, all the best to you and your fam!!! be strong

I pray it all will go well for you. Even with a good outcome, I know how stressful it can be. My own Mum is battling Breast Cancer right now. She has a good outcome but still, we worry. Just make sure you take some time to pamper yourself (massage etc.) when you are recovered from surgery. I will say a prayer for you Jasime.

Thanks everyone.

Just to clarify, it's not definite I have cancer. The biopsy came back showing what's commonly known as pre-cancerous cells. In around 20 to 30% of cases, they do find cancer during the surgery. Even if I don't have cancer yet, I will if left alone.

I've been referred over to oncology, I should have an appointment and a surgical date soon. Although I will take whatever is available to me, I'm kind of hoping it is after my birthday in June, as I wanted to do something to celebrate turning 60.

I don't know how to tell my daughter. She's having her own issues, and she's an awful worry-wart.

Thanks everyone.

Just to clarify, it's not definite I have cancer. The biopsy came back showing what's commonly known as pre-cancerous cells. In around 20 to 30% of cases, they do find cancer during the surgery. Even if I don't have cancer yet, I will if left alone.

I've been referred over to oncology, I should have an appointment and a surgical date soon. Although I will take whatever is available to me, I'm kind of hoping it is after my birthday in June, as I wanted to do something to celebrate turning 60.

I don't know how to tell my daughter. She's having her own issues, and she's an awful worry-wart.
So fingers crossed that you are in the 70 to 80%. You know your daughter best so you know how she will react if you don't tell her versus telling her. I am a worry wart but I am glad my Mum told me right away so I can be there for her and support her through the scary time. I rather know than be left in the dark. This is just my opinion as a daughter.

I know I have to tell her, and I will. I am sorry your mom is going through this battle Osulle. I'm glad she had you to help. Do you live in the same city?
Yes we do and Thanks :) My Mam doesn't like talking about it so I just try and make her laugh. It seems to work.

Just saw this thread Jasmine. I wish you all the best, stay strong and I hope you get some good news once you do find out what the tests have shown. (hugs)

Boys and girls, just kick my keister if I start feeling sorry for myself.

But in a funny emoji kind of way of course!

But I love the ear. I can be a whiny baby, and I can count that some one will say "buck up buttercup"

Or just hit the like button, not that we like when others are struggling, but it is the best way to show you read it.

I'm dreading telling my best friend too. She's currently in Italy, but when she brought me home from the hysterocope, she told me I wasn't allowed to have cancer. Told her I couldn't promise, but I'd do my dangest not to die from cancer. We knew each other in high school, but we have been close friends for over 30 years now. We have lost a lot of mutual friends, and she knows more people than I do. If you are worried about your health, see someone rather than wait rather than know. Early prognosis is key to increased survival rates.

I hope each and every one of you live long enough to become miserable, lol. One of my highschool close friends, and close friend until she moved out west in my late 20s, is now a facebook friend. She works with elderly people, and the stories she tells about women in their 100s are hilarious.

When I turned 50, I was really ill. I had a CM contest for a new tagline. I had been thinking of doing something similar for 60th, but I think I will just go do that now.

I'm living the dream, cool old lady. Don't you dare tell me I'm not an old lady, I have been waiting since I was four years old to be an old lady. And if you tell me I'm not cool, I've been estrogen free for decades, I don't care what you think.

Jazzy, reading this news saddens me greatly. Sending you my love and my prayers.
I hope you will be receiving (and then bringing us) some good news very soon.

Sorry to hear you are getting hit with another health challenge Jazzy. The good thing is medical science continues to get better and you are no doubt getting top notch medical care. A dear friend of mine has been in Kingston General on and off since February with newly diagnosed leukemia. I am very impressed with the care she is getting at KGH. I call her the nicest person in the world, very positive and loving, never smoked, doesn't drink, fit and a regular walker, eats healthy... it's so wrong but life and health is such a roll of the dice! Sending you positive vibes for the best outcome ever!!

You should be proud of yourself Jasmin.
Not many old lady can call herself "cool". :)

I know it's really hard to tell your friend and your family not so good news. Actually, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, but I didn't tell my parents about it yet.
I'm not sure how I will cope if my mum tells me about her health issue, but as Osulle said I much prefer to know the truth to be there for her.

Maybe you can take your daughter to her favourate restaurant, or invite her with her favourate take away meal, have a great night with her, show how strong you are, how ready you are to tackle this issue.

Anyway happy birthday in advance, I hope you can plan a really nice birthday for the cool old lady and Netent will be generous with you with triple wildline on highnoon salong feature on DOA2. ;)
And I really hope everything will go well with upcoming surgery.

Just a little update, and it is good news IMO.

Met with Oncology on Friday. Normally, they would just do a hysterectomy, but they will instead insert a Mirena IUD, and perform regular biopsies for now, in order to allow me to have and recover from vascular surgery, as that health issue is more pressing.

I've sent my daughter a text asking her to call me when she has time to talk. Once I knew my appointment was so quick, I decided I would wait until I had kept it as I would know better how things would go forward.

I had been promised the vascular surgery before last summer. It has been 3 years or more of declining mobility and increasing pain. Tuesday they called with a pre-op date, which I could not take, as I needed to speak to oncology first. I hope it is not too late to get it before end of June, as the ORs basically shut down for anything elective all summer.

I realize I am not yet a cool old lady, so will have to rethink that title.

Just a little update, and it is good news IMO.

Met with Oncology on Friday. Normally, they would just do a hysterectomy, but they will instead insert a Mirena IUD, and perform regular biopsies for now, in order to allow me to have and recover from vascular surgery, as that health issue is more pressing.

I've sent my daughter a text asking her to call me when she has time to talk. Once I knew my appointment was so quick, I decided I would wait until I had kept it as I would know better how things would go forward.

I had been promised the vascular surgery before last summer. It has been 3 years or more of declining mobility and increasing pain. Tuesday they called with a pre-op date, which I could not take, as I needed to speak to oncology first. I hope it is not too late to get it before end of June, as the ORs basically shut down for anything elective all summer.

I realize I am not yet a cool old lady, so will have to rethink that title.

This is good news and you are a cool young lady Jasmine :) Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

This is good news and you are a cool young lady Jasmine :) Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Seconded here! Best wishes to Jasminebed from this end too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back