I Finally Made the Big Time!

suzecat

Dormant account
Joined
Sep 18, 2004
Location
California
With some effort and lots of luck, it appears I have made the list of "bonus abusers" by winning too much money! Gee, I guess I am just supposed to redeem bonuses, deposit and lose! That usually happens, but I had a bit of luck at Shark and now it bit me on the a$$!

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Bernard'
Bernard: Greetings, How may I assist you?
you: I am having trouble redeeming coupon JANUARYSLOTS1
Bernard: May I have your account name please?
you: My user name is suzecat
Bernard: Let me check it out, give me just one second.
Bernard: Ok, I reviewed your account
Bernard: You are requesting a Coupon without making a deposit
you: OK, I have always redeemed coupon first and then made deposit. Has that changed?
Bernard: What do you mean? you get the coupon first and then you deposit?
you: Yes it redeems and says I will get bonus on next deposit.
Bernard: Yes, it is like that
you: But when I tried to redeem JANUARYSLOTS1 it said to contact support.
Bernard: Yes, Coupon denied - Player Is In A Class Excluded By Coupon.
you: OK, I guess I have won too much money?
Bernard: I don't know
you: OK, thank you. I will find another place that accepts my coupons.
Bernard: You are qualified as a bonus abuser, sorry
you: Oh my! Sorry that I am labeled that way. Just don't think I did anything wrong.
Bernard: The system does that.
you: OK, well the system is entitled to its opinion.
Bernard: Good night.



Will they really be pissed if I just deposit and win without a coupon? My account has not been closed so I guess I just can't use a coupon. Gee, I feel kinda special that I hit the big leagues! :)
 

liquidsoap

Dormant account
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Location
home
shesh, if that ever happened to me id be furouis, but i hardly win, and only cashout with large amounts :p

thats like mcdonalds telling you, that you cant have a hamburger becuase you eat to many, and we all know thats not gonna happen :p
 

johnsteed

Ueber Meister
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Location
N/A
Good night sweetheard, well... it's time to go...

***

suzecat


Bernard: The system does that.
you: OK, well the system is entitled to its opinion.
Bernard: Good night.

Hi Suzecat,

Have you done exceptionally well at Shark casino? :notworthy As you said, that's quite an honour bestowed upon you.

Jokes aside, I just LOVE how the online rep. "Bernard" ends that chat session. Abruptly. Door closed. :mad:

Seriously, it must suck not being able to redeem future coupons based on your winning. Sorry to hear about that.

***

liquidsoap

...that you cant have a hamburger becuase you eat to many...

Good one. Hmmm... McDonalds Hamburgers... Hmmm...


Steed


***
 

Macgyver

Dormant account
PABnononaccred
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Location
North Carolina
This isn't very new when it comes to RTG casinos ...

This is the same thing as being told your "deposits amount to less than your withdrawals," or a back-asswards of saying that you're winning too much. I've heard of it happening before at other RTGs, not just at Shark ... it seems to be becoming the standard excuse for online casinos nowadays. :confused:

Funny how "Saint" Bernard contradicts himself here:

suzecat said:
Bernard: You are requesting a Coupon without making a deposit
you: OK, I have always redeemed coupon first and then made deposit. Has that changed?
Bernard: What do you mean? you get the coupon first and then you deposit?
you: Yes it redeems and says I will get bonus on next deposit.
Bernard: Yes, it is like that
you: But when I tried to redeem JANUARYSLOTS1 it said to contact support.
Bernard: Yes, Coupon denied - Player Is In A Class Excluded By Coupon.
First, it's the player's fault for not depositing first. Then ... oh yeah, "it is like that." On to the next excuse of being a "bonus abuser" ... heck, I don't abuse bonuses, I just shake the sh/! out of 'em. :thumbsup:

Oh, one last thing ... how does a player "abuse" a slots bonus, pray tell? :eek:
 

suzecat

Dormant account
Joined
Sep 18, 2004
Location
California
johnsteed said:
***

suzecat





Hi Suzecat,

Have you done exceptionally well at Shark casino? :notworthy As you said, that's quite an honour bestowed upon you.

Jokes aside, I just LOVE how the online rep. "Bernard" ends that chat session. Abruptly. Door closed. :mad:

Seriously, it must suck not being able to redeem future coupons based on your winning. Sorry to hear about that.

***

liquidsoap




Good one. Hmmm... McDonalds Hamburgers... Hmmm...


Steed


***

Well Steed, I did make use of one of their "Lucky 13" promos where you deposit $13 and get a $13 slots bonus. So with all that money ($26) I played and was able to cash out $807 which was promptly paid. Now when I go back today -- some 5 months later -- I am a bonus abuser. Sheesh! The damn promo was "Lucky 13" -- can I be responsible for having some luck with it??

I think in all fairness players should be able to label a casino a "Player Abuser" -- oh ya, we already have that -- the Rogue List!
 

universexf6

Dormant account
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Location
A Country Called Full Of Geld
suzecat said:
With some effort and lots of luck, it appears I have made the list of "bonus abusers" by winning too much money! Gee, I guess I am just supposed to redeem bonuses, deposit and lose! That usually happens, but I had a bit of luck at Shark and now it bit me on the a$$!

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Bernard'
Bernard: Greetings, How may I assist you?
you: I am having trouble redeeming coupon JANUARYSLOTS1
Bernard: May I have your account name please?
you: My user name is suzecat
Bernard: Let me check it out, give me just one second.
Bernard: Ok, I reviewed your account
Bernard: You are requesting a Coupon without making a deposit
you: OK, I have always redeemed coupon first and then made deposit. Has that changed?
Bernard: What do you mean? you get the coupon first and then you deposit?
you: Yes it redeems and says I will get bonus on next deposit.
Bernard: Yes, it is like that
you: But when I tried to redeem JANUARYSLOTS1 it said to contact support.
Bernard: Yes, Coupon denied - Player Is In A Class Excluded By Coupon.
you: OK, I guess I have won too much money?
Bernard: I don't know
you: OK, thank you. I will find another place that accepts my coupons.
Bernard: You are qualified as a bonus abuser, sorry
you: Oh my! Sorry that I am labeled that way. Just don't think I did anything wrong.
Bernard: The system does that.
you: OK, well the system is entitled to its opinion.
Bernard: Good night.



Will they really be pissed if I just deposit and win without a coupon? My account has not been closed so I guess I just can't use a coupon. Gee, I feel kinda special that I hit the big leagues! :)



 I always thought Shark will bite my ass someday. Thank you for the
feedback and there is more reason not to play there.
 

Weedlayer

Dormant account
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Location
US11
Suzecat's story does not make me want to join Shark Casino. They're penalizing her for being lucky at the slots? :rolleyes:
 

chuchu59

gambling addict
PABnonaccred
CAG
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Location
SOMEWHERE IN ASIA
Think of it on the brighter or lighter side. At least they labelled you as a bonus abuser before you won with their bonus and your deposit. Many casinos label you as such after you win and will only return your deposit. Other than the feeble CS offered by Shark, its entirely up to them to determine before you successfully redeem a coupon to tell you that they consider you a bonus abuser. Strictly from a business and ethical viewpoint,I see nothing wrong with their approach.
 

Macgyver

Dormant account
PABnononaccred
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Location
North Carolina
I agree completely with chuchu ... the only redeeming aspect of this behavior by some of these RTG casinos is that you don't deposit your money, THEN redeem the coupon.

If the coupon doesn't redeem ... well, then, you just don't get the bonus. None of your own money is risked unless you choose to deposit after the coupon didn't go through.

I've run into some situations where I've deposited in a Playtech casino and then had my account locked seconds later. I then find out I can't have an account there for whatever reason ... I'm on a list, I have accounts with their sister casinos, whatever.

I will say, in the Playtech instance, I got my deposit back within 24 hours with no problems. I just think I got lucky on that one, though ... :thumbsup:
 

suzecat

Dormant account
Joined
Sep 18, 2004
Location
California
Chuchu, you are a very wise man. Actually this experience has broadened my understanding of "bonus abuse." What I had heretofore interpreted as a distasteful activity by some players, I now see as a mechanism by some casinos for insuring their profit base. Though I do prefer the label of "wise action." It just sounds better to me. And this was priceless:

heck, I don't abuse bonuses, I just shake the sh/! out of 'em.

Thank you Macgyver!:thumbsup:
 

Slotmachine

Dormant account
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Location
US
Suzecat, be happy you ended up winning from that stupid casino, and they didn't give you a chance to lose your money back:D

Thanks for your post. It was very informative of the Shark casino. No need for anyone to play with the Sharks. A casino that doesn't like winners is not a real Casino. Real Casinos need winners.

I've always redeemed my coupons first (when (rarely) i play at RTG casinos, such as Geisha). I though that was how it was supposed to be done?!

Macgyver said:
None of your own money is risked unless you choose to deposit after the coupon didn't go through.
How's that? It's not a NO-deposit bonus is it? If you deposit 13 bucks, and get a 13 buck bonus, you've risked 13 bucks of your own money obviously. There's always the WR to consider, and slots are low-payout% games.

Slots bonus! Sheesh...if I were the Casino manager, I'd be happy to give Suzecat more bonuses and a chance to lose her money back, and let her advertise her good fortune and treatment at my casino..

Cheers,
SM
 

Macgyver

Dormant account
PABnononaccred
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Location
North Carolina
Slotmachine said:
I've always redeemed my coupons first (when (rarely) i play at RTG casinos, such as Geisha). I though that was how it was supposed to be done?!
Yes, that's exactly how you redeem bonuses at an RTG casino ... hence why Bernard didn't have a clue obviously.

And what I meant by my quote in your post was that by redeeming (or attempting to redeem) a coupon before you deposit, you save yourself the hassle of depositing and then discovering that you're not eligible for the coupon/bonus.

If you attempt to redeem a coupon and it doesn't work, you haven't risked any money ... at least in the way that RTG casinos work.
 

Slotmachine

Dormant account
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Location
US
Macgyver said:
Yes, that's exactly how you redeem bonuses at an RTG casino ... hence why Bernard didn't have a clue obviously.
Yeah...he was truly clueless. "Hey bud over there digging the garbage across the street? Wanna earn ten bucks? Come over here and handle this Customer Support Desk while I go out for a beer. I'll give ya 10 buck. With a WR of 40x of course"...

And what I meant by my quote in your post was that by redeeming (or attempting to redeem) a coupon before you deposit, you save yourself the hassle of depositing and then discovering that you're not eligible for the coupon/bonus.

If you attempt to redeem a coupon and it doesn't work, you haven't risked any money ... at least in the way that RTG casinos work.
Right, I misunderstood your meaning. Sorry:oops:

Cheers,
SM
 

mattysgirl

Banned User - violation of <a href="http://www.cas
Joined
May 25, 2005
Location
Houston TX
shark casino

This is one casino i will never play at again!!! Most "rtg" casinos dont like to give you are winnings, they will search for any reason not to give you your winnings.
And if you use any bonus most have a max cashin. I had to fight for 1k worth of winnings once at a rtg casino and only after contacting rtg in Atlanta did i get my winnings...lol


Guess that certain "rtg" casino did not think i knew how to google a phone number...lol
 

andyhinckley

Meister Member
CAG
mm3
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Location
uk
mattysgirl said:
This is one casino i will never play at again!!! Most "rtg" casinos dont like to give you are winnings, they will search for any reason not to give you your winnings.
And if you use any bonus most have a max cashin. I had to fight for 1k worth of winnings once at a rtg casino and only after contacting rtg in Atlanta did i get my winnings...lol


Guess that certain "rtg" casino did not think i knew how to google a phone number...lol


So it is true then? RTG = Rip The Gambler (off)
 

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
Joined
Jun 30, 1998
Location
Bierland
andyhinckley said:
So it is true then? RTG = Rip The Gambler (off)
C'mon, let's be fair here. Sure, there are a number of RTG casinos that lack proper management, but there are a number that are well run organizations. Let's put the pitchforks and torches down. Shark casino is the focus of the issue here (and ones like it).
 

andyhinckley

Meister Member
CAG
mm3
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Location
uk
Casinomeister said:
C'mon, let's be fair here. Sure, there are a number of RTG casinos that lack proper management, but there are a number that are well run organizations. Let's put the pitchforks and torches down. Shark casino is the focus of the issue here (and ones like it).
Sorry Bryan

I do know that there are reputable RTG ie geisha group, InetBet, Bodog for example
but some others do seem somewhat dodgy
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top