I can't believe that this was for real!!!!!!!

SlotMonster

Twitch Streamer - Affiliate
webmeister
Collateral Murder

WikiLeaks has released a classified US military video depicting the indiscriminate slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad -- including two Reuters news staff. Reuters has been trying to obtain the video through the Freedom of Information Act, without success since the time of the attack. The video, shot from an Apache helicopter gun-site, clearly shows the unprovoked slaying of a wounded Reuters employee and his rescuers. Two young children involved in the rescue were also seriously wounded...

More info and video
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Video on YouTube:

Last edited by a moderator:
Collateral Murder

WikiLeaks has released a classified US military video depicting the indiscriminate slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad -- including two Reuters news staff. Reuters has been trying to obtain the video through the Freedom of Information Act, without success since the time of the attack. The video, shot from an Apache helicopter gun-site, clearly shows the unprovoked slaying of a wounded Reuters employee and his rescuers. Two young children involved in the rescue were also seriously wounded...

More info and video

Video on YouTube:

Well, being the military-industrial power the U.S. is, you can hardly expect us to sit around and twiddle our thumbs on a slow day, now, can you? Murder schmurder! Get over it! Irresponsible, mindless, unprovoked, criminal death happens. A matter of job security, not morality. After all, there's a recession going on and workers in ammo and coffin factories gotta eat, too, y'know. And Haliburton's still got huge payroll to meet. :rolleyes: Besides, odds are at least, oh, I'd say, 3:5 it was an accident. Or maybe one (or more) of the Reuters dudes welshed on a crap game....

i feel sorry for the victims , but from the helicopters view it did look they where carrying guns , especially where he points the thing around the corner.
well at least the helicopter didnt run into an open marketplace with 9 kilos of tnt stapped to itself

This literally made me ill.
EVEN if those 3-4 people in that crowd did have real guns, is that how we handle a situation like that?
Those could have been Iraqi police walking in a civilian crowd, how the hell do they just open fire on everyone?!?

The most horrifying thing about this for me was the soundtrack though, the men in that helicopter sounded like teenagers playing grand theft auto, total desensitization.

This literally made me ill.
EVEN if those 3-4 people in that crowd did have real guns, is that how we handle a situation like that?
Those could have been Iraqi police walking in a civilian crowd, how the hell do they just open fire on everyone?!?

The most horrifying thing about this for me was the soundtrack though, the men in that helicopter sounded like teenagers playing grand theft auto, total desensitization.

well it was the same in world war two , the guys in the front line had shell shock , saw it all etc , but the guys who used to fly bombers and decimate cities saw and felt nothing , come back from a mission that razed a city , sit at the bar and have 2 beers and congratulate each other on how well the mission went , even tho 1000s of people where burned alive.
etc no difference except maybe ww2 english bomber pilots had a better and more eloquent voice " what what pip pip see that last building light up , reminded me of christmas in the manor cheerio cup of tea "

well it was the same in world war two , the guys in the front line had shell shock , saw it all etc , but the guys who used to fly bombers and decimate cities saw and felt nothing , come back from a mission that razed a city , sit at the bar and have 2 beers and congratulate each other on how well the mission went , even tho 1000s of people where burned alive.
etc no difference except maybe ww2 english bomber pilots had a better and more eloquent voice " what what pip pip see that last building light up , reminded me of christmas in the manor cheerio cup of tea "

I understand your point Pink, but I still feel it's more of a "game" to some serving from the current generation.
Not saying ALL are like this, I have seen and heard about plenty of good men and women serving for the US. But I think the mentality in this war, in that part of the world, is that the people there are all the same (terrorists) and shooting them in the street like dogs is OK.
I had family in WW2 and they never spoke about it with the same tone as I heard in this video. I watched a 70 year old man cry for not being able to have helped more of his troop who didn't make it back (even though he had saved some) and he never bragged about his enemy "kills". I do realize time could have changed his perception and things look a lot different in your youth, but it isn't a stretch to think a lot of younger people today don't associate the effects of violence with any sense of permanence (no one get's a new player in real life, when you are dead you are dead).
And I am totally depressed now because though I am not that old reading what I just wrote makes me sound like an old fart:(...those young whippersnappers these days......

I understand your point Pink, but I still feel it's more of a "game" to some serving from the current generation.
Not saying ALL are like this, I have seen and heard about plenty of good men and women serving for the US. But I think the mentality in this war, in that part of the world, is that the people there are all the same (terrorists) and shooting them in the street like dogs is OK.
I had family in WW2 and they never spoke about it with the same tone as I heard in this video. I watched a 70 year old man cry for not being able to have helped more of his troop who didn't make it back (even though he had saved some) and he never bragged about his enemy "kills". I do realize time could have changed his perception and things look a lot different in your youth, but it isn't a stretch to think a lot of younger people today don't associate the effects of violence with any sense of permanence (no one get's a new player in real life, when you are dead you are dead).
And I am totally depressed now because though I am not that old reading what I just wrote makes me sound like an old fart:(...those young whippersnappers these days......

lol yer i feel old too , same thing grandparents both came out of ww2 and i heard heard horror stories and no bragging either

i think in a sense the old airborne division from ww1 and ww2 always had a sense of... well heroics attached to it even tho the end result was always death and as you say no free player ,not actually seeing the carnage first hand like these pilots ( in the clip )would give them the sense of it being a game and therefor not associating it with a loss of life , its sad really.
thats what scares me so much about those beheading videos that came out a while ago , these people are up close and personal , they celebrate after wards blood and all , and too be honest scare the living crap out of me.

in the old days when i used to go shooting , someone would want to come along , they would cheer when they hit a rabbit , only to pike out when we found the rabbit wasnt quite dead and ask someone else to do the finishing blow.

i guess there would be lots of clips of soldiers being heroes , saving a life or even crying about what hes done , but unfortunately these clips dont generate any publicity

I find it interesting then that my father a Marine fighter pilot WWII and Korea, never talked about all the 'nothing' he felt after decimating cities, not even once in my 50 years of listening to him and it was only after his death we found out how lucky we were he even made it home.

Not a one of you who have not served in either of these conflicts knows dick about what anyone "over there" thinks or feels. Who the f are any of you to suppose how anyone in the fight in Iraq or Afghanistan should think or feel - on either side? You got a problem with it? Great! So do I! Why don't you take it to the c'c'k's'c'k'rs who put our service men and women in harm's way - FOR NOTHING! Couple a Reuters guys - who are there BY CHOICE - get dusted. Tough shit! What about the 100s of thousands of lives destroyed who wanted no part of any of it? That's right 100s of thousands - do the math - thousands of U.S. dead - their families' and loved one's suffering forever- 10s of thousands of U.S. severely wounded and their families and loved ones affected forever - entire nations - who never did anything to us and were never any threat to us - invaded and 100s of thousands of lives upended or destroyed - Want a right to an opinion? Grab a gun and jump into the middle of it. Otherwise, BUTT OUT OF FEELINGS YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS PROJECTING ONTO THOSE WHOSE LIFE IS ON THE LINE EVERY DAY BECAUSE THEY MUST FOLLOW ORDERS OR BE COURT MARSHALLED! Bunch a self righteous j'offs make me wanna PUKE!

Not a one of you who have not served in either of these conflicts knows dick about what anyone "over there" thinks or feels. Who the f are any of you to suppose how anyone in the fight in Iraq or Afghanistan should think or feel - on either side? You got a problem with it? Great! So do I! Why don't you take it to the c'c'k's'c'k'rs who put our service men and women in harm's way - FOR NOTHING! Couple a Reuters guys - who are there BY CHOICE - get dusted. Tough shit! What about the 100s of thousands of lives destroyed who wanted no part of any of it? That's right 100s of thousands - do the math - thousands of U.S. dead - their families' and loved one's suffering forever- 10s of thousands of U.S. severely wounded and their families and loved ones affected forever - entire nations - who never did anything to us and were never any threat to us - invaded and 100s of thousands of lives upended or destroyed - Want a right to an opinion? Grab a gun and jump into the middle of it. Otherwise, BUTT OUT OF FEELINGS YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS PROJECTING ONTO THOSE WHOSE LIFE IS ON THE LINE EVERY DAY BECAUSE THEY MUST FOLLOW ORDERS OR BE COURT MARSHALLED! Bunch a self righteous j'offs make me wanna PUKE!

Wow, say what you feel Bernynhel.

Don't know how those soldiers "feel", I said the way they are talking projects a lack of ANY feeling. I agree with you about one thing, too many people losing family & lives, from every country with men and women serving and from the Iraqi people themselves.
Not gonna grab a gun, even if I was inclined I don't think they would accept a 40 year old woman. Am I reading right though that we have no right to an opinion unless we have guns in ours hands??
I don't feel "self righteous", what I feel is tired and sad and hopeless about what's going on over there.

Hi Bernynhel

This is not a place to go ape-shit. Thank you.

BTW - there are a number of vets who frequent this board as well, so no need to speak for them. I'm sure they can manage on their own. :D

Hi Bernynhel

This is not a place to go ape-shit. Thank you.

BTW - there are a number of vets who frequent this board as well, so no need to speak for them. I'm sure they can manage on their own. :D

I thought I just went monkey-shit. Sorry. I thought ape-shit was namin names and following em with really really bad stuff like "so-n-so is a big doo doo head fer sayin that." And I was speaking for me, actually. But I feel ya. An the connect was late again. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back