I am now so scared to lose my money that I am hording my money at home.

geordiecolin

Banned for being a troll and disrespecting admin
PABnononaccred
Has anyone done what I have been done recently? I have come to withdrawing most of my money regardless of my winnings online or my wages going in. I am left with thousands hidden at home. Am I the only one who has used their head in this way? Am I just one step away of having a real problem?

There’s no “one step” about this. That said, there are quite a few people who deal in hard cash. Those that I know still generally use a bank account though.

To be fair I have wanted for a long time now keep some money in cash at home in case of a power outage again like we had years ago cause everything at the bank is computers and they have no back up plan so you can't access any money, more so these days as everyone uses cards which I don't understand so you're not far off,lol. Actually, my grandma had money all over her house back in the day, you know you old people.:D

Has anyone done what I have been done recently? I have come to withdrawing most of my money regardless of my winnings online or my wages going in. I am left with thousands hidden at home. Am I the only one who has used their head in this way? Am I just one step away of having a real problem?

For me the question would have to be asked, why do you feel you will lose your money whether it be in an e-wallet or the bank, what don't you trust about them?

I would be more worried about you posting on the net, where almost anyone can access the information, that you have stored money at home - you might as well say 'anyone want to come and rob me' tut.

Col do you mean fear of losing your money through gambling or from someone hacking an online bank account?

Why not get an old fashioned building society account with no online access, rub the security code off any debit card without looking at it, and just use the branch cashier to withraw and deposit money?

Online shopping is about to get more secure as the banks are going to require a tel contact number or mobile to send a text to, in order to verify a purchase.

I'll be visiting u soon geordie..:D.just kidding!. On the other hand it will be nice if we have a cashless soceity, no more cards, coins or paper to carry around.

I'll be visiting u soon geordie..:D.just kidding!. On the other hand it will be nice if we have a cashless soceity, no more cards, coins or paper to carry around.
well, 2 of 3- i dont use anything but my bank card

Last week most of the banks were down in AU, cause of online fault with Telstra and everyone was in a panic mode, no cash no purchase so having a bit of cash around is a good idea but only a little bit :)

To be fair "money in the bank" lost its old meaning in Europe the moment EU officials stated "the money in your bank account are an investment and you can lose them any moment". Then we had capital controls in a few countries and ECB closing banks just for the fun of it......

Anyway, that shouldn't be a problem for UK though. You don't have the euro and you don't have a central bank working against you, so your money should be safe in your banks. :)

I used to withdraw all my wages years ago and keep it all at home I am totally opposite now I don't even use cash anymore I have been totally contactless converted.

It's probably a phase is it to stop you gambling or just because you don't trust someone not to access your account and wipe you out?

I've heard of this before, many gamblers whose only outlet is online keep a lot of cash so it's not available for internet transactions. The problem lies in obviously the security aspect as people have said, plus when you do decide to pay it in to some kind of account, you'll have a whole load of problems with questions from bank staff about where it came from. Given that having more than about £200 quid in cash in your wallet nowadays in the UK seems to be cause for suspicion or arrest if the Peelers search you (prove yourself innocent as otherwise you must be a dealer) I'd be careful.

I've heard of this before, many gamblers whose only outlet is online keep a lot of cash so it's not available for internet transactions. The problem lies in obviously the security aspect as people have said, plus when you do decide to pay it in to some kind of account, you'll have a whole load of problems with questions from bank staff about where it came from. Given that having more than about £200 quid in cash in your wallet nowadays in the UK seems to be cause for suspicion or arrest if the Peelers search you (prove yourself innocent as otherwise you must be a dealer) I'd be careful.

Nah, nothing to be careful about in that regards. As he withdrew it from his own accounts. So there will be a paper trail. So the amounts he has stashed away at home will all be accounted for and traceable. So even if he did need to pay some back into his account he will be 100% fine as they will see he withdrew and not used his account since. Nothing suspicious at all.

Only thing he has got to be worried about is being burgled or if there is a fire in his home, as others have said. But I also do not think it wise to broadcast what he did in this open public gambling forum to be honest with ya. Just my 2 pennies worth :) :D

You can legally withdraw £500 from most cash machines per day used to be £300 and you are unlikely to get stopped if you go straight home with it.

You are not alone Col...

I withdraw most of mine, regardless of source and leave "pennies" in the bank, my paypal and my Skrill.

Various reasons which include

I am very old school and prefer to deal in cash
It is part of my 'staying in control' in relation to gambling, if its not there I cannot exceed budget and CBA to go out for PaysafeCard, worked well for years lol!
Part conspiracy theorist so no one can check how much I have or don't have or rob me online
When I have a big win, I like to look at the 'wedge' rather than just numbers on a screen

Only real difference is I don't have the thousands under my mattress :oops: :oops: :p

You are not alone Col...

I withdraw most of mine, regardless of source and leave "pennies" in the bank, my paypal and my Skrill.

Various reasons which include

I am very old school and prefer to deal in cash
It is part of my 'staying in control' in relation to gambling, if its not there I cannot exceed budget and CBA to go out for PaysafeCard, worked well for years lol!
Part conspiracy theorist so no one can check how much I have or don't have or rob me online
When I have a big win, I like to look at the 'wedge' rather than just numbers on a screen

Only real difference is I don't have the thousands under my mattress :oops: :oops: :p

So let's throw it open lol. Where does Jono keep his thousands , his wads, :lolup::what::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back