How good is your money mangement?

coloradobuff

Dormant Account
I have a couple questions for ya'll about money mangagement.

1) Is there a certain amount of days you stay away from betting after you hit a cold streak? For me, I usually take a few days off when I lose 3-4 in a row. I dont want to get in the habit of chasing and a few days away from betting can be a good thing. It shows discipline.

2) I have been doing well in 2nd halfs in college football. When you are winning consistenly at a sport, how long do you wait before you increase your units?

I appreciate any input here. Thanks

I have a couple questions for ya'll about money mangagement.

1) Is there a certain amount of days you stay away from betting after you hit a cold streak? For me, I usually take a few days off when I lose 3-4 in a row. I dont want to get in the habit of chasing and a few days away from betting can be a good thing. It shows discipline.

2) I have been doing well in 2nd halfs in college football. When you are winning consistenly at a sport, how long do you wait before you increase your units?

I appreciate any input here. Thanks

DELETED

If you are sure that taking a few days off following a cold run helps prevent you from making bad bets, then it is a GREAT money management tool. Something too few sports bettors have.

I use the following criteria for managing my sports betting bankroll:
  • Minimize risk of ruin (bankruptcy)
  • Maximize returns

Stake size is determined from the above, not based on my current run - good or bad. But since I bet in percentage of bankroll, there is some influence, of course.

Whether or not I commit a stake to a bet has nothing to do with previous results or current bankroll size. I have wholly different criteria for that. Although I do cap the total percentage of my bankroll I will have at risk at any one time - which may influence me to not make a bet I otherwise might.

:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back