How do you like IE9?

Mousey

Ueber Meister Mouse
Anyone run into any particular problems with IE9? I usually don't change browsers till the first batch of fixes are out. LOL But I liked what I was reading about 9 and thought I'd give it a whirl.

I've only downloaded it to my Vista system at work. So far so good, but I do very little 'surfing' at work. I like the look of it. Less is more, as many users have been trying to get across to MS for years.

I haven't tried it on this desktop at home (Vista) or my Win7 64bit laptop. May download to one of them this weekend.

Something of a followup for those who might be thinking about ie9... While it is sleeker and faster... and reminds me of Chrome. I had issues with IE9 on the computer at work.

Unexplained browser hangs, and mini crashes. Then the occasional complete system lock up... C/A/D wouldn't budge it... mouse froze... nothing to do but hit THE button.

Checking for Errors in the Events showed absolutely nothing. pffftttt.... Not a lot of time at work today to troubleshoot and track down fixes on the web. IE9 is out of beta, and in general release, why should I have to track down fixes?? LOL In my mind, IE9 is not ready for prime time.

After one of those horrible system lock ups, just before lunch, I uninstalled IE9 and went back to IE8.

My system specs (as best I can remember them) for the computer at work:

Intel duo core (about 3 yrs old, can't remember processor speed), 2g RAM, Vista (all updates), 500mb nvidia card ... (Wonder if updating the nvidia would help? hmmm..) Anyway, the only things I have open at the same time on that system are Quickbooks pro 2010, IE, and Live Mail. So it's not a system with loads of crap installed, or system intensive proggies churning in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back