how bad have you chased your losses before?

Jennifer

Banned User - violation of <a href="http://www.cas
Joined
Oct 2, 2011
Location
canada
lol Im down on gambling $12,000 lifetime. I was in the profit until I joined online casino gambling.

Last night I put $800 on the giants and won just over $900 in profit. Now I won so Im happy I guess but I feel like I lost. I wanted to put 2k on the giants but when I first started I put a limit of $800 max allowed to deposit a day on pinnacle. I forgot about it and I was fairly busy getting ready for the superbowl party I didnt bother to open up a different sportsbook. I actually never thought of it. Stupid me.

Now Im taking that profit and betting on hockey. All $900 on the toronto maple leafs because they have been on fire and why not ride em while they are hot. I stand to win about $700 if they win.

I have decided to chase my losses with sports betting. Wish me luck.

Any good or bad stories from you guys? Chasing losses is never good but maybe its my time to get lucky!
 

Jasminebed

Game old gal
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Location
Ontario
I'm a lifelong Leafs fan, but if anyone can choke when it's within their grasp, those blue boys can.

I wish you and the Leafs good luck.
 

me_and_ed

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
CAG
MM
Joined
Jun 2, 2006
Location
Vancouver
lol Im down on gambling $12,000 lifetime. I was in the profit until I joined online casino gambling.

Last night I put $800 on the giants and won just over $900 in profit. Now I won so Im happy I guess but I feel like I lost. I wanted to put 2k on the giants but when I first started I put a limit of $800 max allowed to deposit a day on pinnacle. I forgot about it and I was fairly busy getting ready for the superbowl party I didnt bother to open up a different sportsbook. I actually never thought of it. Stupid me.

Now Im taking that profit and betting on hockey. All $900 on the toronto maple leafs because they have been on fire and why not ride em while they are hot. I stand to win about $700 if they win.

I have decided to chase my losses with sports betting. Wish me luck.

Any good or bad stories from you guys? Chasing losses is never good but maybe its my time to get lucky!

Hockey is a tough bet, especially the Leafs, remember one thing...We are all Canucks :D
 

Jennifer

Banned User - violation of <a href="http://www.cas
Joined
Oct 2, 2011
Location
canada
I agree leafs can choke like no others but I beleaf in them right now. Kessel, lupul and Bozak seem to be heating up and same with the KGM line. Two lines clicking well and a goalie with back to back shutouts playing a less than average team. LOL which can spell disaster, amirite? They seem like an extremely confident bunch so Im just going with the flow

Either way I will be okay. If I lose its basically losing a freeroll and not my own money
 

PaaskeDenmark

Always think positive
webmeister
PABnoaccred
CAG
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Location
UnKnown
NHL is like lottery. Way to random. Many strange results. With this I mean, you get lot of different results in this sport compared to other sports. As it's ice hockey not really the best sport to bet on. But is only my opinion and lot other experts.

2 way bets is much better. Would rather had seen you put bet on Tennis.

But in regards to bet on Leafs. Its not a bad one, and yes they should win. But don't count out Edmonton who got a draw and shootout win against Detroilt. :cool:

good luck on your "freebet" , I will cheer for Toronto. And hope they win.
 

Cristian

Dormant Account
Joined
May 1, 2010
Location
Constanta
2 way bets is much better. Would rather had seen you put bet on Tennis.


Most online betting sites have a Money line option for ice hockey ( 2 way bet ) .

For example :

1 / X / 2 - 60 Min
Phoenix Coyotes 2.80 DRAW 4.00 Detroit Red Wings 2.10


Money Line - Overtime
Phoenix Coyotes 2.02 Detroit Red Wings 1.77

house edge is ~ 6% for this particular bet , which is not that bad ( random sportsbook selected , EU odds )
 

Realitybitez

Full Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Location
New Zealand
I dont do sport betting though I dabble in the races now and then:cool: My main joy is Casinos and I dont chase my losses. I loose on one casino, I move onto the next:lolup:

I follow the horses, the problem is - the horses I pick follow the horses too
 

Jennifer

Banned User - violation of <a href="http://www.cas
Joined
Oct 2, 2011
Location
canada
lol leafs arent looking good at all and are lucky to be tied 2-2. The offense looks okay but their D is playing extremely bad
 

SAunnyS72

On a Break
Joined
Dec 9, 2011
Location
Australia
I love the saying "chase your losses" ... If you are Chasing your loss you will only catchup with a loss in the end :) ... Chase your wins if you wanna win lol

:cool:
 

bryand

Beach Bum
Joined
Jan 9, 2008
Location
Just Across the Hudson River
I think of chasing losses as wagering more that I can afford or plan to wager.

I usually keep playing at a site that I have losses because in time it pays back. But this may take 6 to 12 months. This is just my personal experience - not advice.
 

Jennifer

Banned User - violation of <a href="http://www.cas
Joined
Oct 2, 2011
Location
canada
Nice!!!! Won close to $700! Thats $1650 of pure profit plus $450 on the casino. So Ive won a total of $2,100 in the last two days.

Feels good man
 

me_and_ed

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
CAG
MM
Joined
Jun 2, 2006
Location
Vancouver
Nice!!!! Won close to $700! Thats $1650 of pure profit plus $450 on the casino. So Ive won a total of $2,100 in the last two days.

Feels good man

Congrats, now put 70% away to start covering the losses and work with 30%.
 

threescatters

Dormant account
PABnonaccred
Joined
Dec 15, 2009
Location
UK
I have lost thousands chasing losses before. Nowadays I can stop myself before meltdown 98% of the time. I just accept a loss now and move on. Used to make me well angry
 

PaaskeDenmark

Always think positive
webmeister
PABnoaccred
CAG
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Location
UnKnown
I have lost thousands chasing losses before. Nowadays I can stop myself before meltdown 98% of the time. I just accept a loss now and move on. Used to make me well angry

Same problem for me. Any money in my account, would go Ziiiiiip. Even when I tried using dicipline.
I have learned a lot last couple of years. But it still returns. But at least now when I am chasing a loss. It's with the winnings I have gained from somewhere else. But still stupid hehe. :rolleyes:
 

Jennifer

Banned User - violation of <a href="http://www.cas
Joined
Oct 2, 2011
Location
canada
too much gamble in me to use 30% and keep the other 70%. I did the opposite. I put $1000 on philly to beat NYI tonight. But I did cash out from onmi so thats all cheddar. Plus I still have over $500 of profit on my sportsbook.

Hopefully I dont lose the |$1000..... and continue to run good. If they do win, I get $645.
 

ShayDrew

Non-Gambler
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Location
New Zealand
too much gamble in me to use 30% and keep the other 70%. I did the opposite. I put $1000 on philly to beat NYI tonight. But I did cash out from onmi so thats all cheddar. Plus I still have over $500 of profit on my sportsbook.

Hopefully I dont lose the |$1000..... and continue to run good. If they do win, I get $645.

Bye bye $1000?
 

immortality

Dormant account
Joined
Nov 17, 2011
Location
On a seat
I follow the horses, the problem is - the horses I pick follow the horses too[/QUOTE]

:lolup::lolup::lolup: I've never heard that one before, I don't bet on the horses, but I'd pick winners in the newspaper for fun sometimes.
3 years ago I picked horses for fun one day, holy bejeezus I had picked all the winners bar 3 races, in which the horses came either 2nd or 3rd, lol, I'd had made a fortune if I had done a yankee (can't remember the name for more than 4 horses in a follow on double triple etc lol)
I keep saying to myself 'why do I do it to myself' lol, I should have done even 3 of em.
 

immortality

Dormant account
Joined
Nov 17, 2011
Location
On a seat
I seen me chasing my losses at my local casino, I was down £200, I felt sick putting the last £10 I had into a machine, low and behold I hit a full screen of lions Jackpot, was playing £1 a spin, won £250, took some of the change I had left and played another machine was playing off the last £4 on it so I upped the best to max £2, first hit, full screen of peppers, won another £300. Chasing my losses sometimes works to my advantage.

Usually I would have a set limit for losing(£50) but as mentioned above I got carried away even though it worked out in the end, lol thank god it did lol
 

Jennifer

Banned User - violation of <a href="http://www.cas
Joined
Oct 2, 2011
Location
canada
lucky me my bet was regulation time! I cant believe they actually lost to the NYI. I know they have been on a good streak but come on!

Either way phewwwwww it was only a regulation time bet.
 
Top