Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Yeh. I've faffed around before with auto lays on all horses in a race usually at 1.05. If you have the patience it isn't the worst strat.

Yeh. I've faffed around before with auto lays on all horses in a race usually at 1.05. If you have the patience it isn't the worst strat.

I used to do it all the time before I got hit with the premium charge, and now the market liquidity just isn't there to trade full time, unless you are a market maker, and most of them left at the same time. I stuck a tenner in and did 3 races, £100 for £1 in the in markets and £20 for £0.60 in the place market just for an interest in the race.
Last race a 1.03 got beat in the win market and about 4 x 1.09's in the place markets, if I was playing properly would have had quite a few wins so far. Used to do 1.01, 1.03, 1.05, 1.09 and possibly bigger when I was watching the race.

Novice chase up next, 4 runners, short priced fav, heavy ground, 2 of them 1.1 or less in the place market, these are the types of races I used to do well on :)

Another fav of mine before betfair like you say Colin whacked on a premium charge was I would pick a jockey for example AP McCoy and lay every single horse he rode. In all the years he won the title I rarely if ever remember him finishing + on a level stake. So you lay his entire 1000 rides for the year and enough always get beat along with some winners being under priced purely because he rode them.

I also had a betdaq account back in the day but that had less liquidity than a game of conkers with my school friends way back when.

I thought that you would have gone EW on 4 of Sean's today because he has some great rides? I had thought of taking Saddlers Quest myself but the odds put me off.
I toyed with the idea of doing them all in a small (like £2 EW) accumulator, but when he has 6 rides at a local course he tends to fail on at least one of them. First 4 in the placings so far haha.

Made on EW Lucky15, once in life started with winner :)

1.20 Bangor: Echo Watt, odds 10.00
2.30 Fonwell: Kenny George odds 8.50
2.50 Bangor: Emphatic Qualm odds 9.00
3.30 Burgess Dream odds 8.00

Cashout would be bit over double of bet amount but guess it's not yet very tempting and rather lose than see another winner from these three....

Winner and clear 2nd, was hoping little while for winner, didn't look impossible.... Still chance for to get something from this.

I toyed with the idea of doing them all in a small (like £2 EW) accumulator, but when he has 6 rides at a local course he tends to fail on at least one of them. First 4 in the placings so far haha.
The groundsmen today at both tracks must be wishing that the meetings where called off but I doubt any of the jockeys are worried too much about having a spill :p

I would guess that Chelmsford racing has brought quite a lot of money into the area? All weather tracks have been a godsend over the past 20 years or so

Yeah its about 1 hour from here and we always have a great night. The brewery lays on free entrance and about 3 drinks each, although i normally have quite a few spare drink vouchers lol

Last edited:
There is not much left of the afternoons racing but I have stuck this on in Ireland. Good luck if your having a punt :)

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

8. Hodds Girl
9/2
15th Jan DUNDALK 15:45 5F HCAP 5f - Each Way
14. Tooreen Angel
5/1
15th Jan DUNDALK 17:15 1M 2 1/2F STAKES 1m 2f 150yds - Each Way
1. Hala Joud
9/2
15th Jan DUNDALK 18:15 7F HCAP 7f - Each Way
7. Sunset Nova
6/1
15th Jan DUNDALK 18:45 7F HCAP 7f - Each Way

OFC yesterdays two last ones didn't get near of place, but at least better value for money to get firsts right and stay in a game bit longer :)

Quite poor racing day today, hopefully weekend is not that much affected... Great that they still see horse people as essential ones who don't have to comply with covid restrictions, would be boring again get few months break, weather cancel enough of these already..

OFC yesterdays two last ones didn't get near of place, but at least better value for money to get firsts right and stay in a game bit longer :)

Quite poor racing day today, hopefully weekend is not that much affected... Great that they still see horse people as essential ones who don't have to comply with covid restrictions, would be boring again get few months break, weather cancel enough of these already..
Apprentice Jockeys have been banned from riding in races as of tomorrow due to covid restrictions which I presume will have an effect of horses chances of winning due to the weights they will have to carry?
The rules on "elite sports" baffles me because the level of fitness for all jockeys has to be very high yet female football,as an example,carries on?

There is not much left of the afternoons racing but I have stuck this on in Ireland. Good luck if your having a punt :)

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

8. Hodds Girl
9/2
15th Jan DUNDALK 15:45 5F HCAP 5f - Each Way
14. Tooreen Angel
5/1
15th Jan DUNDALK 17:15 1M 2 1/2F STAKES 1m 2f 150yds - Each Way
1. Hala Joud
9/2
15th Jan DUNDALK 18:15 7F HCAP 7f - Each Way
7. Sunset Nova
6/1
15th Jan DUNDALK 18:45 7F HCAP 7f - Each Way
Nice start, i stuck £10 on it cheers Won at 7/2, i had 5/1

Competition time.

A little different this time I finally feel a meeting is safe to go ahead but god knows lol. As the football and horse racing scene have been good to me since mid December. Its a mix of both.

So we have a prize of €50/$60/£45 depending on your location.

All you have to do?
Simple

You have two selections to make.

Select one horse win only on the 2.15 race saturday at fairyhouse. We will settle it at SP with a stake of 1 virtual point. (Eg Istabraq wins at 9/1. You select him. You now have 9 points)
Select the first player to score a goal in the top of the table clash. Liverpool versus Manchester United Sunday at 4pm. (Same idea George Best scored first at 5/1, you select him. You have 5 virtual points.

Highest tally wins.
Comp closes to entries at 2pm on Saturday 16/1/21.

Now the rules
1. This is open to entry for any CM member who has posted here at CM prior to this post.
2. It is 1 virtual point or pound if you like per selection. No doubles allowed. Also no shopping around for money back special etc. Standard racing rules apply to the horse race. Standard football rules apply to who is declared first goalscorer.
3. Both results will be settled at Starting Price. For the purposes of the comp and clarity I will use paddy power as the source. So everyone can access the starting odds if need be.
4. If one event is cancelled the result goes entirely onto the other event.
5. You can post your picks whenever and change them right up to 2pm saturday.
6. I'll post the winner on Monday and organise with them how to pay their prize be it PayPal or bank transfer or magic beans. We'll get them there money.
7. My decision is final if you don't like it don't enter.

Having said that I think I have covered all the necessary rules and regs.

GL all

Quick bump. Entries in by 2pm tomorrow!

Competition time.

A little different this time I finally feel a meeting is safe to go ahead but god knows lol. As the football and horse racing scene have been good to me since mid December. Its a mix of both.

All you have to do?
Simple

Select one horse win only on the 2.15 race saturday at fairyhouse. We will settle it at SP with a stake of 1 virtual point. (Eg Istabraq wins at 9/1. You select him. You now have 9 points)
Select the first player to score a goal in the top of the table clash. Liverpool versus Manchester United Sunday at 4pm. (Same idea George Best scored first at 5/1, you select him. You have 5 virtual points.

Highest tally wins.

Now the rules
1. This is open to entry for any CM member who has posted here at CM prior to this post.
2. It is 1 virtual point or pound if you like per selection. No doubles allowed. Also no shopping around for money back special etc. Standard racing rules apply to the horse race. Standard football rules apply to who is declared first goalscorer.
3. Both results will be settled at Starting Price. For the purposes of the comp and clarity I will use paddy power as the source. So everyone can access the starting odds if need be.
6. I'll post the winner on Monday and organise with them how to pay their prize be it PayPal or bank transfer or magic beans. We'll get them there money.

GL all
Sorry for not being imaginative but I can't see past the fave winning,Chatham Street Lad. For my EW in the same race I think I'll be on Bel Ami De Sivola at about 14/1

For the first goalscorer I will have to opt for Mo Salah

Cheers for the comp :thumbsup:

Competition time.

All you have to do?
Simple

Highest tally wins.

Now the rules

GL all

Let's go for;: Front View and to score.... Bruno Fernandes, wrong given easy penalty by VAR.

Thanks for comp :thumbsup:

Don't be sorry GeordieCol I didn't expect the fav to be 2/1 honestly.

I think if enough people enter we'll see someone predict both correctly!

Runners,riders and all info here for the race should anyone need it.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

First goalscorer betting is available in lots of places. Here's paddy powers page for an idea on prices
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back