Horse Racing & Tips Thread

At 25/1 that was a good shout :thumbsup:
It just got there in the last few strides, and as it was between two I had picked out, thought my usual luck was going to happen, the one I picked wouldn't get placed and the other would - which was in the 2.00 Flame Up.

Bet I've picked the wrong Olly Murphy one though as he just had the 25/1 winner of the 1.20.

12.30W Dharan. The two at the head of the market should dominate this, and certainly have the form to do so, but Dharan has decent form too. Theres a possibility they will take each other on early and set the race up for Dharan I'm pretty sure Sean hasn't gone all the way to Wetherby without thinking he has a chance of picking up some prize money, especially for a trainer he doesn't usually ride for. Clearly not a world beating horse but be surprised if he doesn't get placed. 13/2

3.10W Ecossais, on a hat trick, ridden by same jockey who rode him to his last two wins, question mark for me is if he will handle the ground, which is softer than his two wins. 4/1 everywhere at the moment.

2.30 Vaal Tartan Dancer. This is easily the form horse in the race, and should win, but the draw tempers confidence a little. A high draw has a fairly big advantage and he's drawn 3.

I liked Eragone in the 2.05, but he's pretty much doubled in price and theres only 7 runners so leaving him out. OPened around 6/1, now 10/1.

Going to do a double with the first 2 and maybe a smaller one with the others.

Good luck today

12.30W Dharan. The two at the head of the market should dominate this, and certainly have the form to do so, but Dharan has decent form too. Theres a possibility they will take each other on early and set the race up for Dharan I'm pretty sure Sean hasn't gone all the way to Wetherby without thinking he has a chance of picking up some prize money, especially for a trainer he doesn't usually ride for. Clearly not a world beating horse but be surprised if he doesn't get placed. 13/2

3.10W Ecossais, on a hat trick, ridden by same jockey who rode him to his last two wins, question mark for me is if he will handle the ground, which is softer than his two wins. 4/1 everywhere at the moment.

2.30 Vaal Tartan Dancer. This is easily the form horse in the race, and should win, but the draw tempers confidence a little. A high draw has a fairly big advantage and he's drawn 3.

I liked Eragone in the 2.05, but he's pretty much doubled in price and theres only 7 runners so leaving him out. OPened around 6/1, now 10/1.

Going to do a double with the first 2 and maybe a smaller one with the others.

Good luck today
Nice start Col and nice one from yesterday :thumbsup: Good luck with the rest.
I struggled to find 4 horses for my usual ew bet in England but I eventually managed it. And Ireland wasn't much better

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

9. Thegreyvtrain
13/2
12th Jan LINGFIELD 13:45 HANDICAP 0m 5f 6y - Each Way
Starting in 42 minutes
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
4. Shannon Bridge
4/1
12th Jan WETHERBY 14:35 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 3f 154y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 2 Places
7. Little Red Lion
9/2
12th Jan WETHERBY 15:10 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 0f 45y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
1. Kodiac Harbour
13/2
12th Jan LINGFIELD 15:20 HANDICAP 1m 2f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Place

And

LUCKY 15
(EACH WAY)
Kilbree Warrior
10/3
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3
13:55 Fairyhouse
Salt Wind
15/2
14:25 Fairyhouse
Boogily Lane
9/2
Win or Each Way, 1/4 odds - places 1,2,3,4
15:00 Fairyhouse
Memory Of Youth
6/1
Win or Each Way, 1/4 odds - places 1,2,3,4
15:30 Fairyhouse

Khalid Abdullah has died aged 83, what a massive loss to the racing industry he will be :(

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Sad to see this, when Sir Henry Cecil was at his lowest, Khalid Abdullah was one of the few who stood by him and supported him.
Going way back in time I always remember Jeremy Tree and Pat Eddery teaming up with his horses and they always had a few winners at Royal Ascot.
Hopefully his colours will be retained by his sons and hopefully they will have a similar level of interest in racing that he had.

Khalid Abdullah has died aged 83, what a massive loss to the racing industry he will be :(

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
They used to tip ridiculously well too while attending the likes of Royal Ascot,Epsom and Goodwood. Everyone sought to be part of the team looking after them

Just a quick one as the race is due off, but I think Energumene will get beat in the 120 Naas. He jumped right in his last race and if he does so again, that will go against him here. Captain is the obvious one to take advantage if he does.

Competition time.

A little different this time I finally feel a meeting is safe to go ahead but god knows lol. As the football and horse racing scene have been good to me since mid December. Its a mix of both.

So we have a prize of €50/$60/£45 depending on your location.

All you have to do?
Simple

You have two selections to make.

Select one horse win only on the 2.15 race saturday at fairyhouse. We will settle it at SP with a stake of 1 virtual point. (Eg Istabraq wins at 9/1. You select him. You now have 9 points)
Select the first player to score a goal in the top of the table clash. Liverpool versus Manchester United Sunday at 4pm. (Same idea George Best scored first at 5/1, you select him. You have 5 virtual points.

Highest tally wins.
Comp closes to entries at 2pm on Saturday 16/1/21.

Now the rules
1. This is open to entry for any CM member who has posted here at CM prior to this post.
2. It is 1 virtual point or pound if you like per selection. No doubles allowed. Also no shopping around for money back special etc. Standard racing rules apply to the horse race. Standard football rules apply to who is declared first goalscorer.
3. Both results will be settled at Starting Price. For the purposes of the comp and clarity I will use paddy power as the source. So everyone can access the starting odds if need be.
4. If one event is cancelled the result goes entirely onto the other event.
5. You can post your picks whenever and change them right up to 2pm saturday.
6. I'll post the winner on Monday and organise with them how to pay their prize be it PayPal or bank transfer or magic beans. We'll get them there money.
7. My decision is final if you don't like it don't enter.

Having said that I think I have covered all the necessary rules and regs.

GL all

Competition time.

A little different this time I finally feel a meeting is safe to go ahead but god knows lol. As the football and horse racing scene have been good to me since mid December. Its a mix of both.

All you have to do?
Simple

Select one horse win only on the 2.15 race saturday at fairyhouse. We will settle it at SP with a stake of 1 virtual point. (Eg Istabraq wins at 9/1. You select him. You now have 9 points)
Select the first player to score a goal in the top of the table clash. Liverpool versus Manchester United Sunday at 4pm. (Same idea George Best scored first at 5/1, you select him. You have 5 virtual points.

Highest tally wins.

Now the rules
1. This is open to entry for any CM member who has posted here at CM prior to this post.
2. It is 1 virtual point or pound if you like per selection. No doubles allowed. Also no shopping around for money back special etc. Standard racing rules apply to the horse race. Standard football rules apply to who is declared first goalscorer.
3. Both results will be settled at Starting Price. For the purposes of the comp and clarity I will use paddy power as the source. So everyone can access the starting odds if need be.
6. I'll post the winner on Monday and organise with them how to pay their prize be it PayPal or bank transfer or magic beans. We'll get them there money.

GL all
thank you, I will enter :)

Well that was a bad start to the day haha.

One of Sean's to start with today (for a change).

3.10L Peter Bowens only runner of the meeting, and effectively Sean's too, as the other ride he has is a 100/1 no hoper in the number (which he doesn't ride very well in). Theres no way he's there for that one, and again, Leicester is a long way to travel for him and Peter if they don't expect to get some sort of return for the investment. Lermoos Legend was only beaten a nose last time out, after making a small mistake 2 out, which certainly cost him the race. Was going really well to that point and it easily cost him more than a nose. From memory I think he traded at around 1.2 in running. Likes soft ground, is sure to like the distance, if his last race was over this trip (a furlong further) he would have won quite easily, even with the mistake. Can't see any negatives to backing this today, and I think 7/2 is at least a point higher than I would be happy to lay. Has also halved in price, was 8/1 last night in places. Has had the most money on it on Betfair by some way, and double what the original favourite has. I'll be surprised if this isn't shorter at the off. Feeling pretty confident about this one. 7/2

3.00P Pride of Pemberley should win this, the 7lb rise shouldn't really stop him. Won very easily last time out over the same distance, same ground, going away. Don't see there's anything in this field that should trouble him. Slight concern that he's drifting a bit in the market, but three times the money for him than anything else on betfair, but he's only drifted half a point, so not really a cause for concern, if's he's 5/1 at the off then I would start worrying :) 9/4

Can't really see anything else I like today so doing a double on those, and if the first wins, a bigger single on Sean's ride.

Good luck today

Competition time.

All you have to do?
Simple

Highest tally wins.

Now the rules

GL all
I'll be joining in too thanks :thumbsup:

Amature riders have just been banned under covid rules. I bet that will piss a lot of trainers and owners off

I've had one bet today well so far at least....

Miss Amelia in the 12.50 at Bangor.
Up 8lbs for last win but it was Course,Distance and Ground.
I don't always believe its horses for course but sometimes it really can be imo. Last two runs at Bangor read 1st of 10 over C&D on heavy and 1st of 6 over C&D on heavy ground.
It's a decent race for a class 5 handicap on a thursday in Bangor on Dee but I cant resist the price. I got 5/2 on PP as I had a free power up bet generally priced at 9/4 drifting a little from 2's earlier. Nothing alarming there really as it's a decent race like I said.

Sean Bowen rides so apologies to @colinsunderland if I've put the mockers on your boy :laugh: :laugh:

I've had one bet today well so far at least....

Miss Amelia in the 12.50 at Bangor.
Up 8lbs for last win but it was Course,Distance and Ground.
I don't always believe its horses for course but sometimes it really can be imo. Last two runs at Bangor read 1st of 10 over C&D on heavy and 1st of 6 over C&D on heavy ground.
It's a decent race for a class 5 handicap on a thursday in Bangor on Dee but I cant resist the price. I got 5/2 on PP as I had a free power up bet generally priced at 9/4 drifting a little from 2's earlier. Nothing alarming there really as it's a decent race like I said.

Sean Bowen rides so apologies to @colinsunderland if I've put the mockers on your boy :laugh: :laugh:
I've not looked at the cards yet for today but one of my sisters has a granddaughter called Amelia and they always bet on their grandkid's names so I'll let them know :thumbsup:

Thats the one I think Sean has the best chance on of the day

Kala Noire (7/1) in the 2.50 looks interesting and Saddlers Quest in the 3.20 might sneak a place at a big price, 33/1 at the moment. Big Bresil in the 2.50 might get placed too at around 10's

The 2.50 is an interesting race, looks pretty poor on paper, but Crypto has been backed in from 8/1 last night to a best priced 9/4 now. The 8's was widely available so isn't a market correction, while there have been non runners, he wasn't favourite to start with so is a market move, and has had by far the most money matched on BF. The stable knows what they are doing and presumably Charlie Deutsch had the choice of riding this or Kala Noire. I might do a small rtricast on the three mentioned.

Good luck all today

Thats the one I think Sean has the best chance on of the day

Kala Noire (7/1) in the 2.50 looks interesting and Saddlers Quest in the 3.20 might sneak a place at a big price, 33/1 at the moment. Big Bresil in the 2.50 might get placed too at around 10's

The 2.50 is an interesting race, looks pretty poor on paper, but Crypto has been backed in from 8/1 last night to a best priced 9/4 now. The 8's was widely available so isn't a market correction, while there have been non runners, he wasn't favourite to start with so is a market move, and has had by far the most money matched on BF. The stable knows what they are doing and presumably Charlie Deutsch had the choice of riding this or Kala Noire. I might do a small rtricast on the three mentioned.

Good luck all today
I thought that you would have gone EW on 4 of Sean's today because he has some great rides? I had thought of taking Saddlers Quest myself but the odds put me off.
Amelia's Dance is also running so my Sis has gone ew on that too.
I had a lovely hit off free spins in Eye of Horus in Coral so I am just using those winnings for a few small bets this afternoon.

Good luck with your bets :)

LUCKY 15
(EACH WAY)
Beauport
4/1
13:00 Fontwell
Amelia's Dance
13/2
13:30 Fontwell
Rock On Rita
7/1
15:00 Fontwell
My Bad Lucy
10/3
16:00 Fontwell

And

LUCKY 31
(EACH WAY)
Go As You Please
4/1
12:50 Bangor-on-Dee
Kilpin
9/2
13:20 Bangor-on-Dee
Pennyforapound
3/1
13:50 Bangor-on-Dee
Misty Mai
15/2
14:20 Bangor-on-Dee
Emphatic Qualm
9/1
14:50 Bangor-on-Dee

That hurts. You could pick out man of the north from 4flights out as the only danger.

I swear I've had a strike rate of about 50% in the last 6weeks with horses but everything I post seems to find one too good. :rolleyes:

That hurts. You could pick out man of the north from 4flights out as the only danger.

I swear I've had a strike rate of about 50% in the last 6weeks with horses but everything I post seems to find one too good. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I think there will be some dodgy results today, that ground looks bottomless and think there are a lot of horses going to be struggling the last couple of furlongs.

Learnt a long tome ago not to bet on days like this, although there is value in laying everything in the race at 1.05 and 1.01, in the place market too, I would happily bet that there will be at least a couple beaten at one of those odds in running today there.

I didn't back it because it was too short a price but a few family members did :( I told my sis to go ew on the other so I hope that they have and at least get their money back. Although Amelia's dad is quite loaded.
Still my first romped home :)

Made on EW Lucky15, once in life started with winner :)

1.20 Bangor: Echo Watt, odds 10.00
2.30 Fonwell: Kenny George odds 8.50
2.50 Bangor: Emphatic Qualm odds 9.00
3.30 Burgess Dream odds 8.00

Cashout would be bit over double of bet amount but guess it's not yet very tempting and rather lose than see another winner from these three....

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back