Horse Racing & Tips Thread

cncas2123

Meister Member
Here is the babble I honestly now have lost my train of thought though lol.

I live one county over from Ballydoyle and nothing has changed. No extra buzz about the one horse entry. Then again they are a stable who always keep their noses clean re:betting.
Getting a few hundred on a horse means nothing to boys operating in multi millions.

I fully understand what you are saying about the sole runner idea and having ready made excuses as a result. But I dont buy into it. As it never stopped O Brien before. Hes fired many darts before and been bullish about all of them then suddenly waxing lyrical about the winner after the fact.

High definition goes to the irish derby and Bolshoi ballet wont. So with that its definitely a different tactic. Keep them apart and hope to God they each win a derby.
St Marks Basilica and Van Dyck go to the Prix du Jockey Club in france Sunday and Kyprios goes straight to the queen Anne at ascot.
So they've split everything. Instead of firing a tonne at one classic. At least that's how I see it.

Entirely unrelated but this ban should be longer. The man in my opinion is a scumbag. He should have been banned for life back in '08 and all he got now is a 4 year suspension.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
With that record he should never be allowed near a horse again, absolutely disgusting.

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
Thanks for that Ken :)

Not massively confident about anything today, but I'll have an EW Lucky 15 on these

3.45E Waters Edge 28/1 4 places is 5lb better off with HMS President (5/1) for a 2l beating at Windsor last time. The rain will be an advantage, and while it's a longshot, shouldn't be that price in my view.

4.30E In the Oaks, I like Dubai Fountain EW 15/2 4 places, beat Zeyaadah last time out and don't see any real reason why it would be turned round today.

5.40E Count Otto 20/1 4 places has ran here 3 times, winning once and coming second twice.

2.35E Muraad 11/1 4 places. Not sure what happened last time out, but taht run was too bad to be true, so giving it another chance here :)

Good luck today all

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
The change in going might temper the confidence on BB in the Derby today. Someone who was there yesterday said the ground was really cutting up in the last couple of races. Think the ground was reflected in the fact only 2 favourites won all day, and think today might be good for EW backers too.

I think if something does beat BB it could be Hurricane Lane or John Leeper. John Leeper faces a pretty daunting task early in his career and don't think he's shown as much as Hurricane Lane, add the fact Charlie Appleby is in outsanding form at the moment, I'll be going EW on HL at 6/1 4 places with PP/BF. I'll probably do a small R Trifecta on the three Appleby runners too, not that I expect it to win, but just in case :). Gear Up might have a chance, but I can't back it considering Johnston's form at the moment

3.45E Lord Riddiford may do ok here, think he will like the track, has been running well on the AW in decent races, and is 13lb lower here. 12/1 6 places seems too big to me.

2.20W Mr Mafia 11/1. Putting this in mainly because it's Sean's only ride of the day, he's in good form at the moment and rides this track well. The horse showed signs of getting back to form last time out, when coming second over C&D beaten half a length, in a similar race.

4.00M Breath Of Joy seems a little overpriced at 15/2 here. Hollie Doyle seems to get on well with it and could see her getting a place at least in this race.

Good luck today everyone.

Kenji85

Experienced Member
Statement into 15/8 from 5/1 last night. I have a decent ish each way bet on at 5s but 15/8 is too short now imo. So very happy with the price I got.

As for the derby. I'm sticking with third Realm.
Won the derby trial at Lingfield while he may not have beaten much in Adayar but they pulled well clear contests here also.
14/1 eac way 4 places with 12 runners on PP.

cncas2123

Meister Member
I am sticking with John Leeper in the Derby as my main bet, but will have a saver on MacSwiney @ 8/1 ew 5 places with Skybet, it has the group one form in the book and Jim Bolger knows how to win the race.
Bolshoi Ballet will probably win by a distance, but I just cant have him at 6-4.
Of the other racing today, Han Solo Berger ew 6 places in the dash is another bet for me, but not too much else to get excited about.

Good luck to all with their investments today.

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Its great to see the crowds back at the races even if they are limited. Here are mine at Epsom today. Good luck with your bets

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

20. Duke Of Firenze
25/1
5th Jun EPSOM DOWNS 15:45 HANDICAP 0m 5f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
4. Hurricane Lane
13/2
5th Jun EPSOM DOWNS 16:30 EVENT 1m 4f 6y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
5. Grantley
11/2
5th Jun DONCASTER 16:50 HANDICAP 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
4. Desert Safari
5/1
5th Jun EPSOM DOWNS 17:50 HANDICAP 0m 6f 3y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
2021-06-05 (1).png

Just going to leave this here before the winning distance is given, commentator said 5 lengths, I thought 4 :(

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
Typical saturday, picked the wrong Appleby horse, first and third in the tricast, and a length off a 300/1 winner, and to make that worse, the horse that knocked me out of that one was the 50/1 outsider lol

Kenji85

Experienced Member
Horse race betting wise I could stop a train at the minute. Doesnt stop me having a punt though :oops:
Luckily I'm doing ok in golf/rugby betting so I'm slightly ahead for the month as a result.

I've been looking at the Prix du Jockey Club(French Derby)today and think there is value to be had somewhere.
I think the best chance for a winner from UK or Ireland is not an OBrien horse but Megallan. The Gosdens have a better record in this race than O Brien too. The race is always been an afterthought for them due to its timing.

Megallans line of form from the Dante at York is quite impressive. he split Hurricane Lane(3rd in Epsom Derby yesterday) and High Definition(Irish Derby Fav)
The fact it's over a mile 2f is likely to suit as a result too.
Unfortunately after a quick look on oddschecker its seems the best value is with Wills Hills and Betfred I cant bet with either but if you can get on there its 5 places at 11/1 currently.
The French horse I fancy most is Makaloun. Trainer has an outstanding record here and connections have too. Also 11/1 5 places with the same two firms.

I've included them in a couple of multiples and done a rfc also. Haven't even looked at the rest of that card just the one bet there.
Not great fare at home today but theres one or two.

Screenshot_20210606-104531_Chrome.jpg

Adapt to Dan is a reserve but with a run 10/1 is a big each way price. Good form, nice draw and likes this distance/ground.
Call my bluff is in excellent form and the hope is a small rise in weights wont stop the improvement. Exchange rate is having a first run in 3 years so fitness is taken on trust but Willie Mullins is obv capable. If fit he is about 17lbs well in here so worth the each way poke.

GL all having a go.

Kenji85

Experienced Member
I want to apologize Colin. I logged on to say Prey for glory was a cracking each way shot to nothing between the drop in class and the recent decent efforts. So you can blame me if he bombs out lol.

Same can be said for Added Bonus 3.05 at Listowel. Not much else doing so I've done an ew double on those two and two ew singles.

Prey for Glory is 11/2 on PP
Added Bonus is 8/1 on PP (5places)

I'd be happy with two places but the double is around 60/1 for the win.

Gl all

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
4.35Y Illusionist 8/1 5 Places. Illusionist was outpaced at the end of a quite hot 6f handicap last time out, so should enjoy the step up in trip. The stable is in excellent form and I'll be surprised if he doesn't get a place at least. Only runner of the day for the stable too.

2.10S Dashing Dick 7/1. Second the last two runs, in similar races to this, can't see any reason why he won't be up there at the end of this race too. Jockey is in decent form, banging in the winners.

5.45A Falberto 10/1 should be good enough to place in this fairly poor race

7.25A Nordic Combined 7/1, again, a poor race that won't take much winning, think this should get placed.

One win bet, small double on:

1.35S Native Trail should win this at around evens.
3.45C Flip Mode 11/4

Good luck today