Horse Racing & Tips Thread

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Wow. What a wonderful day for ew backers like me! There is so much racing today with big fields that I have had to wind my neck in a bit. I always have a limit about how much I am prepared to spend per day but today has to be an exception.
I have a hunch that it will be a good day for Balding's runners. I also notice that Zip has halved in price from 28/1 to 14's. It is cold and wet here so I'm going nowhere except for my kitchen and enjoying the sports.
I also intend to set my alarm for the Billy Jo fight at 4am. I think that Billy can do it.

Here are two from my 6 bets today. Good luck all

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

7. Hodds Girl
7/1
8th May NAAS 13:35 5F HCAP 5f - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
11. First Touch
16/5
8th May CORK 15:00 2M 4F HCAP HURDLE 2m 4f - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
13. Eloso
5/1
8th May NAAS 16:25 6F HCAP 5f 205yds - Each Way
3. Ask Dee
4/1
8th May CORK 16:45 3M HCAP HURDLE 3m 50yds - Each Way
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 3 Places
1. Fastar
7/2
8th May NAAS 17:00 6F HCAP 5f 205yds - Each Way
Best odds

And

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

8. Hold Fast
12/1
8th May ASCOT 13:55 HANDICAP 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 2 Place
3. Symbolize
12/1
8th May ASCOT 15:40 HANDICAP 0m 7f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
11. Group One Power
4/1
8th May ASCOT 16:15 HANDICAP 1m 3f 211y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
6. Pettochside
7/1
8th May ASCOT 16:50 HANDICAP 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
Best odds

Kenji85

Experienced Member
I dont see it myself as regards Billy Joe. Canelo might be a bit of a dick with his demands for the fight but I can see him putting away Saunders fairly comfortably. He can fight any style and the smaller ring will suit him as it negates BJ's footwork a lot.

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
I dont see it myself as regards Billy Joe. Canelo might be a bit of a dick with his demands for the fight but I can see him putting away Saunders fairly comfortably. He can fight any style and the smaller ring will suit him as it negates BJ's footwork a lot.
I am hoping that it will be one of the fights of the year. I have a feeling that Chris Eubanks Jr is attempting to get himself into a position to fight Jo next by goading Billy over the past few weeks. Chris has stuck £10,000 on a Canello win. If Billy loses then I can see that fight being on by the end of the year.
Back to horses. Thank feck for Zip getting placed because I didn't pick up many winners today so Zip helped me get even

Kenji85

Experienced Member
Ya most importantly it's nice to see a good fight especially if you're up at 4am for it. I in honesty dont think Chris Junior is not gonna get a much bigger name to fight him.
I wont have a bet on the fight I think but Canelo is a little too short to win by TKO/KO. Anyone backing BJ should consider the 11/2 for a points win. I dont think he can stop the fight early.

Broke even on the horses also. But thankfully there was bag loads of goals in the championship got a couple of small bets up for over 2.5 goals.

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Ya most importantly it's nice to see a good fight especially if you're up at 4am for it. I in honesty dont think Chris Junior is not gonna get a much bigger name to fight him.
I wont have a bet on the fight I think but Canelo is a little too short to win by TKO/KO. Anyone backing BJ should consider the 11/2 for a points win. I dont think he can stop the fight early.

Broke even on the horses also. But thankfully there was bag loads of goals in the championship got a couple of small bets up for over 2.5 goals.
BJ gave it his best shot but before the stoppage I detected BJ running out of ideas and Canelo was starting to dictate the fight. At a guess I think that BJ will retire with that sort of injury. I could see right away that after the punch that his eye socket had gone.
I watched some of BJ's prank video's on YT yesterday and as a person I think that BJS is an awful scumbag.

Back to todays racing. There is not much to get excited about today but I managed a small bet just for the interest.

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

3. Maker Of Kings
8/1
9th May LEOPARDSTOWN 14:15 1M STAKES 1m - Each Way
1. Acanella
4/1
9th May LEOPARDSTOWN 14:45 1M STAKES 1m - Each Way
6. Sense Of Worth
5/1
9th May LEOPARDSTOWN 16:15 1M 2F HCAP 1m 2f - Each Way
7. Macadams Rock
6/1
9th May LEOPARDSTOWN 16:45 1M 4F HCAP 1m 4f - Each Way
Best odds

Kenji85

Experienced Member
York is a track I histirically never do well at so naturally I picked 4 there:rolleyes:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Best odds

Best odds

Best odds

Best odds

None of the 4 will mind more rain and with the extra places on offer I am as usual stupidly optimistic all 4 have a good each ay chance.

In the 4.30 at Dundalk two non runners have ruined my plan to have a sizeable each way bet on Cailin Ciste now into short priced fav I will let it be. I'll keep an eye on the result though as shes entered in a group 3 sunday so I imagine the connections like their chances.

GL All.

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
2.10Y Brian The Snail is interesting. Last summer his Turf and AW marks were the same but he spent the late autumn and winter on synthetics which saw his OR go up from 89 to 102. He gets in here off 91 but there’s no evidence that he needs all-weather surfaces to show that level. Chester last week looked like a prep, being back over the minimum trip in a non-handicap. 25/1 6 Places

2.40Y Lady in France 28/1 Course winner,3rd in Fremch gp1 on hvy last backend, won twice after a break, and connections sponsor the race. Danger is Molatham

1.40Y Win O'Clock - Not sure about this one, but should relish the ground, which is a big plus here on soft. 20/1 5 places

If the ground goes very soft at York, at this meeting, it's usually a punters bloodbath with big priced horses winning, just something to be aware of :)

Good luck if you're having a bet today

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Wob-Wob-Wob 1st
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the last for a decent return. Some nice racing in Ireland this evening too

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

W
2. Ilaraab
7/2
12th May YORK 13:40 HANDICAP 1m 3f 188y - Each Way
13:40 12 May 2021

Best odds

P
15. Woven
13/2
12th May YORK 14:10 HANDICAP 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
14:10 12 May 2021

Best odds

W
8. Wobwobwob
8/1
12th May YORK 15:40 HANDICAP 0m 7f 0y - Each Way
15:40 12 May 2021

Best odds

Best odds

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
I've backed Kind review EW in the opener at York because it is at a big price and I think it has a good chance of placing. PP pays 6 places.

Here is mine at York. Good luck if your having a punt today

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

2. Count DOrsay
9/2
13th May YORK 13:40 HANDICAP 0m 5f 0y - Each Way
3. Brunch
4/1
13th May YORK 14:40 HANDICAP 0m 7f 192y - Each Way
6. Hurricane Lane
13/2
13th May YORK 15:10 EVENT 1m 2f 56y - Each Way
8. Sashenka
8/1
13th May YORK 16:50 HANDICAP 2m 0f 56y - Each Way
Best odds

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
3.10Y Roman Empire 33/1 4 places. Obviously the stable second string, but Coolmore do have the second string beat the first on occasion. Hollie's in decent form at the moment, as are the stable, and 4 places in a 10 runner race gives it a pretty decent chance.

1.40Y Indian Sounds 22/1 6 places. Formerly trained by Mark Johnston, now trained by Paul Midgley who is renowned for his 5f sprinters, he gets in here off a low weight, and certainly has a chance to finish in the first 6.

2.40Y Gloves Lynch 40/1 4 places. This is the longshot of the day, but gets in here off a very low weight, but is in good form on the AW and while I think a place is the best they can hope for, I think it's more of a 16/1 chance than 40/1.

4.50Y Sashenka 11/1. Decent enough form over this type of trip, both on flat and over hurdles, has a chance of being placed.

Sean's only ride of the day is Test Ride in the 5.55 at Fontwell. It's around a 400 mile round trip for him to make, which suggests he expects to get some prize money. He had 3 big priced seconds yesterday. he doesn't often ride for the trainer, who is out of form at the moment, which does temper confidence a bit. Currently 15/2 Will wait till a bit later before I decide to back it or not though.

Good luck today.

(couple of prices have dropped cos i wrote this an hour ago and forgot to post it haha)

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
3.10Y Roman Empire 33/1 4 places. Obviously the stable second string, but Coolmore do have the second string beat the first on occasion. Hollie's in decent form at the moment, as are the stable, and 4 places in a 10 runner race gives it a pretty decent chance.

1.40Y Indian Sounds 22/1 6 places. Formerly trained by Mark Johnston, now trained by Paul Midgley who is renowned for his 5f sprinters, he gets in here off a low weight, and certainly has a chance to finish in the first 6.

2.40Y Gloves Lynch 40/1 4 places. This is the longshot of the day, but gets in here off a very low weight, but is in good form on the AW and while I think a place is the best they can hope for, I think it's more of a 16/1 chance than 40/1.

4.50Y Sashenka 11/1. Decent enough form over this type of trip, both on flat and over hurdles, has a chance of being placed.

Sean's only ride of the day is Test Ride in the 5.55 at Fontwell. It's around a 400 mile round trip for him to make, which suggests he expects to get some prize money. He had 3 big priced seconds yesterday. he doesn't often ride for the trainer, who is out of form at the moment, which does temper confidence a bit. Currently 15/2 Will wait till a bit later before I decide to back it or not though.

Good luck today.

(couple of prices have dropped cos i wrote this an hour ago and forgot to post it haha)
The Bowen's have been in fine form lately.I keep banging on about how good I think she is but Laura Pearson only has one ride today and it is well worth an EW punt . Good luck with yours :thumbsup:

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
I'm going to back a few tonight as I think the prices will contract by tomorrow, risking losing BOG though.

I think Sean will have a decent day tomorrow so doing an EW treble on

1.40B Loch Garman Aris 6/1
3.25B Miss Jeanne Moon 7/2
5.05B Ready To Please 33/1 (Paddy Power, being backed in already, 25/1 - 28/1 most other firms)

Two others I like are

3.35N My Oberon 11/1
1.50N Happy Romance 13/2

Weirdly Simon Holt has tipped them both up on the Sporting Life, so they are likely to have money for them at some point.

Probably do some more tomorrow. Good luck to anyone having a bet :)